Massa 13 26.53%
McNish 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2002, 19:41 (Ref:297827)   #26
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish. He could also have scored at Oz if he hadn't been taken out at the first corner.

Webber's a close second to me.

Massa has crashed way too much. Kimi didn't crash that much, Felipe! But he can still do a great season.

Poor ol Taku he's been battered all over the place. Unlucky
Old 28 May 2002, 01:07 (Ref:298074)   #27
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
McNish. He could also have scored at Oz if he hadn't been taken out at the first corner.
Everyone could have scored at Oz if they didn't crash at the first corner.
Old 29 May 2002, 08:58 (Ref:299218)   #28
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
McNish caused his own retirement, I think so. He was one of drivers who went to the grass.

http://users.pandora.be/van.robbroeck1/melb02.zip
Old 30 May 2002, 02:19 (Ref:300006)   #29
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
Webber's done a bloody good job, but at this stage I'm going for Massa, I think he's been a lot closer to Heidfeld than Raikkonen was last year (I'm not sure though) and I think he's outqualifying him more often as well.

Webber's obviously very good, it seems that being Australian hasn't harmed him . The trouble is, he hasn't really got a team-mate to compare himself against. Having said that, I'm sure he's every bit as good as Fernando Alonso (who? ) if not better!
This is an interesting point of view. I never thought about the fact that Massa is competing against Heidfeld (who dominated Kimi last season). While Webber is competing against Yoong who should better learn karting first. Good point!
Old 31 May 2002, 01:29 (Ref:300975)   #30
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud

This is an interesting point of view. I never thought about the fact that Massa is competing against Heidfeld (who dominated Kimi last season). While Webber is competing against Yoong who should better learn karting first. Good point!
Webber isn't competing against Yoong. He's competing agains the Jags amongst others. In Monaco, he made plenty of people look silly (including the other rookies). And he was ahead of Heidfeld (on merit and pure pace) before he had a delaminated front left. He also set the 8th or 9th fastest lap time of the race. And he has been consistently racing with Jags, Arrows and BARs (as well as the odd Sauber).

As I mentioned before, maybe some folks in here should take a closer look a bit down the field.
Old 31 May 2002, 02:48 (Ref:301000)   #31
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber is good, I've said that in other threads.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 09:44 (Ref:303270)   #32
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_r
#*$@dy Aussies win everything, including speedskating. Don't let Webber near anything but a Minardi or Jaguar!!!!!!!!!!
;-)
No chance in this sport Steve. Webber has never compared well against talented team mates. Only blind patriotism would let anyone put Webber in the same league as Massa.

Australia have more chance of beating England at Rugby Union for a change than Webber doing a great job in F1.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 10:03 (Ref:303298)   #33
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We do beat England (and all other teams) most of the time. That's why Australia currently holds the World Cup and the Tri-Nations trophies, plus we hold the ? title after beating the British Lions.

But we're not talking about OTHER sports, are we?
Old 3 Jun 2002, 11:40 (Ref:303414)   #34
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Red BARon

No chance in this sport Steve. Webber has never compared well against talented team mates. Only blind patriotism would let anyone put Webber in the same league as Massa.
You're in the minority here, TRB. Have another look at the Monaco Grand Prix for a bit of a comparison.

Bugger! Valvey, I've done it again!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 14:31 (Ref:303550)   #35
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are some people in here who have real trouble spotting talent Particularly if the person who is doing the driver-bashing is British and the driver is Australian.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 18:57 (Ref:303657)   #36
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this stage I would have to say Webber, edging Massa off by a few marks.

Whoever voted Sato is a fool - he's had such a poor season, and is not living up to all of your expectations that you had of him before the season.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 23:00 (Ref:304854)   #37
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is between Massa and Webber. Massa surely will score more points than the Australian, but we must watch they racing abilities during all races of the season. McNish is on the respectable 3rd, and Sato is deffinitively closing the ranking.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 23:44 (Ref:304870)   #38
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber edges out Massa. Although Massa has posted better results with a better car, Mark makes the most out of what he has, and thats not a lot. Sato is daring and risky with his car, maybe if he tones it down he can pull out better results. Not much to say about McNish, I bet Audi is missing you like the rest of us sportscar fans.