Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Nov 2002, 04:12 (Ref:439178)   #26
Seton_5
Racer

Seton_5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I've heard that too. Mc Conville for second GRM seat.
Old 29 Nov 2002, 04:49 (Ref:439187)   #27
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the way GRM have performed over the last 2 years that's not really a step up is it ? I mean - he's out qualified both of the GRM cars at Sandown today.

It's almost like comparing Webber's switch from Minardi to Jaguar - a team with more money that should have been quicker but he's been out performing them on serveral occasions.

The best news I can see to come of this is that if McConville is out of LRT could Luffy now be a certainty to get the seat ?

And where is Bargs off to ?
Old 29 Nov 2002, 09:12 (Ref:439250)   #28
Forbesy
Racer

Forbesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic to see McConville get a more competitive drive at GRM, and having Luff at LRT will do good for him. He looks like he'll be a good steerer in years to come.
Old 29 Nov 2002, 14:15 (Ref:439423)   #29
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So then what happens to the supposed second-available-seat at LRT? Don't they need a second car to maintain their independance under the new franchise rules? If not a second car, which team would they hook up and share a franchise with?
Old 29 Nov 2002, 20:08 (Ref:439591)   #30
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McConville is the most underrated driver in the paddock, and deserves a drive with GRM. All-round nice guy too.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 29 Nov 2002, 22:00 (Ref:439665)   #31
05forever
Racer

05forever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure, certain in fact that the LRT guys believe they have ink on paper for McConville next year.

They also believe he was approached by GRM but elected to stay with them.

LRT do a lot with what they have got. Wally Story and boys have a good enough history
Old 1 Dec 2002, 11:02 (Ref:440431)   #32
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On Ten today they were saying that McConville has resigned with Lansvale.

Also, what was with Larko and Bargs, has he signed him or not? That was the strangest and most ambiguous new signing announcement or non-announcement I've seen.

He will be Tander's teammate at GRM? Does Garry Rogers know?

Larry was swinging a bit too, is this it or will he be back for the enduros?

Who will be driving for Dick next year.

Ingall was still non-committal. Does anyone think he won't be replacing Besnard at SBR?

Who will be driving for Briggs next year and how many cars will he run?
Old 1 Dec 2002, 11:06 (Ref:440434)   #33
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cam McLean has driven for Dick and Rogers in the past... could he be a chance? Where is Ritter going? He has driven for Rogers in the past too..
Old 3 Dec 2002, 05:23 (Ref:441548)   #34
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Change Team Kiwi to Craig Baird, Jason Richards is off to an 'as yet unnamed Australian team'
Old 3 Dec 2002, 05:53 (Ref:441551)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I allowed to name it?? No... Yes... All Right then...

Team Dynamik, as 2nd driver to Simon Wills. No word yet on the sponsorship, the franchise in use (Imrie is L2 for a single car) or the technical staff....

We do know however that Team Dynamik have a car already built, waiting for an aerokit to be homologated
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 3 Dec 2002, 06:45 (Ref:441579)   #36
Seton_5
Racer

Seton_5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If team Dynamik are haveing 2 cars next year won't ther need and second Franchise, The Imrie one is only a level 2 one. Where's the second Franchise going to come from?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 06:48 (Ref:441580)   #37
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
So if McConville is confirmed with LRT, and if Larkham has signed Bargs, then who gets the #35 Valvoline seat?

Could it be that Nathan Pretty will get a full-time V8 ride with GRM for 2003?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 07:08 (Ref:441587)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the #35 seat worth taking? There is a view to suggest the #34 car is first and foremost the lead car with the best of the technical resources, indeed it is always the #34 car that becomes the main Bathurst steed...

I would think Jamie Whincup is in with a strong shot, as for one he is not a relo of the boss, and second, the guy has talent but no millionaire dad to pay for an overseas tour of duty.....
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 3 Dec 2002, 07:24 (Ref:441595)   #39
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
As for a second franchise for Dynamik, who's got the Paragon Franchise now they've pulled the plug?

As for Whincup, it makes sense for him to end up in the #35 car. After all, hasn't he had Valvoline sponsorship all year? Or could he end up doing a year in Konicas with a third Valvoline car like Leanne Ferrier did?

Last edited by William Dale Jr; 3 Dec 2002 at 07:28.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 09:16 (Ref:441631)   #40
Saloon56
Rookie

Saloon56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive just heard from a friend at SBR that Wilson is going to DJR and Radisich is getting the ass...
Old 3 Dec 2002, 10:19 (Ref:441647)   #41
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't suprise me if Pretty got the #35 car, Holden apparently want him in a seat and he drove the GRM Monaro at bathurst.

Would Wilson be any better at DJR than Radisich, and didn't Max say on V8X (i had nothing better to do on Monday night) that he wanted the stability of staying in the same team next year?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 10:59 (Ref:441666)   #42
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rat was out the door six months ago he was just seeing out the season. As for DJR they might have to pay big money to get someone driving there cars.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 22:57 (Ref:442192)   #43
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the Rat really chucked a wobbly after the New Zealand fiasco..

Paragon has gone to a New Zealander names David Thexton

Apparently the second Dynamik car might come from LRT

Is Whincup still in the good books after sticking it in at Bathurst?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 23:20 (Ref:442202)   #44
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paragon will be run from the Gold Coast though. McConville has signed a 1year contract with a further year option with LRT. So he is not going anywhere.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 00:53 (Ref:442250)   #45
PEPSI
Racer

PEPSI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by William Dale Jr
As for a second franchise for Dynamik, who's got the Paragon Franchise now they've pulled the plug?
The Paragon franchise has gone to NZ to one of the two new teams from there
Old 4 Dec 2002, 02:09 (Ref:442268)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Rat to 00/Prodrive/FPV alongside Lowndes is my tip...

the rumoured second team for Forbes wont go away either
Old 4 Dec 2002, 10:37 (Ref:442413)   #47
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pepsi, a Kiwi bought it but it is being run from the Gold Coast.
Old 5 Dec 2002, 01:16 (Ref:443003)   #48
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Saloon56
Ive just heard from a friend at SBR that Wilson is going to DJR and Radisich is getting the ass...
I've also just heard from quite reliable sources that DJR is trying to get rid of the Rat. Apparently it has cost DJR $60K to repair each car that Radisich has bent over the past few seasons. DJR are apparently trying to find an "out" in the contract because he is very much "on the nose" there at the moment.

I'm thinking Ingall may still be in the picture for the second DJR seat, but still not sure who is going to Stone Bros. Possibly Rat for 00 Motorsport for 2003. Who knows?

CD.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 01:24 (Ref:443008)   #49
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Saloon56
I've also just heard from quite reliable sources that DJR is trying to get rid of the Rat. Apparently it has cost DJR $60K to repair each car that Radisich has bent over the past few seasons. DJR are apparently trying to find an "out" in the contract because he is very much "on the nose" there at the moment.

I'm thinking Ingall may still be in the picture for the second DJR seat, but still not sure who is going to Stone Bros. Possibly Rat for 00 Motorsport for 2003. Who knows?

CD.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 01:55 (Ref:443016)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wo! Stereo

Team Dynamik was said to be leasing the IMS L2 franchise with a view to buy in 2004, and the second LRT franchise space depending on how successful LRT are at securing sponsorship for 2003.... Not sure how the team would manage an L1 & L2 franchise (I thought this was 'illegal') but perhaps the entrant was to be LRT for their franchise?

We shall see..