Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Dec 2002, 16:21 (Ref:447057)   #26
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting way to look at it ... some people find Nelsinho's amount of testing obscene in regard to circuit knowledge others in terms of time in the car ... in fact it is interesting how such a young kid that never raced in europe have created such a noise around him.

Just to remind u now that everyone knows a lot about the Sudam F3 series, that except for Dinalo Dirani (very good season - great racer) all the top drivers (Medeiros, Ebrahim, Serafim) in the series are racing around Sudam tracks for a long time ... even then u claim Nelsinho is MUCH MORE experienced in terms of track knowledge, and when it comes to time in the car maybe the other guys have been racing in Formula Ford or something other then a F3 chassis ?! Maybe ...

It is true that the kid tested A LOT, it is also true that the team was caught cheating ... but it is also true that he came from the back of the grid in Cascavel to win it in moonsoon conditions ... probably everyone else were on slicks !? and i do not bring here all the Poles and Race wins.

Guys we are not talking about PlayStation racing ... F3 is something real, the cars dont go around the track alone, ok ???

Dany i consider you an expert, so many times i go to your web site for news and other info ... how come can you make such comments about a 17 yrs old kid that have been winning since he started racing F3 and just did an excelent job testing the TWS car yesterday ... ???

Is all this noise about his last name ??? Rich drivers i have seen hundreds ... hopefully this one is one of the few that really can drive, is this such a big problem to you guys ???

Good luck Nelsinho ... thank you for your talent !
Old 10 Dec 2002, 16:36 (Ref:447076)   #27
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Nico isnt that good either, so thats not much of an assesment of Piquet Jr
Old 10 Dec 2002, 17:33 (Ref:447131)   #28
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Tell us about today's TWS testing then
1. Ricardo Sperafico Vergani Racing (Bra) 1.26.841
2. Paul Edwards Ktr (USA) 1.26.883
3. Ricardo Mauricio Racing Engineering (Bra) 1.26.841
4. Nelson Angelo Piquet Repsol-Meycom (Bra) 1.27.067
5. Joao Paulo De Olivera Ktr (Bra) 1.27.156
6. Angelo Serafim Zele Motorsport (Bra) 1.27.319
7. Carlos Pereira Rc Motorsport (Bra) 1.27.423
8. Cesar Campaniço Gd Racing (Bra) 1.27.712
9. Rafael Sperafico Repsol-Meycom (Bra) 1.28.804
10. Hoover Orsi Tata RC Motorsport (Bra) 1.28.844
11. Rodrigo Ribeiro Rc Motorsport (Bra) 1.29.585
12. Milka Duno Vergani Racing (Ven) 1.29.644
13. Marcello Thomaz Zele Motorsport (Bra) 1.29.746
14. Andre Nicastro Tata Rc Motorsport (Bra) 1.30.729
15. Pedro Lamy Racing Engineering (Por) 1.31.068
16. Ricardo Gonzalez Zele Motorsport (Mex) 1.31.968
Old 10 Dec 2002, 18:49 (Ref:447181)   #29
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NME, I think the hang up isn't so much as his money or testing. Deep down I think its his name, I am basing that on Russfeld's answer refering to Nico (Rosberg I presume!).

Presumption is always in evidence when a son or brother of a once famous and successful driver moves into town.

When I started in FF1600 it was Damon Hill, once i got into F3 it was Hill, Gary and David Brabham, Paul Stewart, Paul Warwick. Not to mention Justin Bell in FF1600 and FVauxhall.

For them to find money is a double edged knife. Sponsors throw money at them, because they can get exposure easier? Or they can't get it cos sponsors think they don't need it!

Now we have Piquet, Lauda and a Rosberg! all poised to make there mark. How about giving them a bit of credit and space to see what they can do! Sure they may have got the money easier, but they still have to press the peddles and make the set up changes to make it go fast! money can't do that for you, no matter how much is in the bank ready for a full season!

If they can beat the other stars that emerge through the year, what will that say about them? Will you start saying it was an easy year?

Looking at the times above, Piquet looks quite good, Mauricio and Sperafico are no slouches! and I think it looks damn good for Edwards too!
Old 10 Dec 2002, 19:20 (Ref:447193)   #30
Russfeld
Veteran

Well I think he gets a lot of attention just for being Piquet Jr. Just like Rosberg got a BMW test because he's a Rosberg. Sure Thiessen and Berger were saying its for winning ADAC, but the 00 and 01 champs sure didnt get a run in an F1 car.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 20:41 (Ref:447221)   #31
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see your point, but we are living in a differant age, where getting them in F1 early is the new preoccupation. And if the name fits, I suppose the powers that be will look for any excuse! Did the previous champs enjoy as much BMW involvment then as it obviously dose now! what with the ad's in Autosport throughout the year, on and off? I get the feeling BM have got further into it this year, more than before, just because they recognise the future stars seem to shine in higher profile championships?
Old 10 Dec 2002, 20:56 (Ref:447226)   #32
Russfeld
Veteran

Yeah I understand what you're saying, and I really dont like it. Whatever happened to just racing for the hell of it and if you were good you moved up and if not, oh well you still enjoy yourself. There's more emphasis on trying to find the right series to springboard into F1 instead of just finding the best/most competitive one. It now seems like people look at Fords, Renaults, F3 etc as a neccessary evil instead of one of the cooler jobs in the world.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 00:20 (Ref:447374)   #33
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely the thing that has got up peoples noses with Piquet is the fact that he blatently flouted testing rules in his championship, he may be good but he is always going to be tainted by that incident/incidents. Also, one of his goons threatening other drivers was'nt too clever either....
Old 11 Dec 2002, 15:11 (Ref:447672)   #34
Graciela
Rookie

Graciela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear NME,

In Cascavel, the most of drivers never ever drove in rain conditions with a F3 car. I agree that Dirani is a great race (in Rio he did a perfect race when he won). But you told about Medeiros, Ebrahi8m and Serafim. They aren't great drivers, just good drivers.

In BrasÃ*lia Favoretto did a great driver. Nelsinho stayed behind him for many laps. And Favorreto isn't a "phenomenon" like Nelsinho. With Zeca happened the same thing...

I think Nelsinho is good but not a "phenomenon" like everyone says. And his car was better than the others. This everybody knows... And I believe that he will do a good job and win races in British F3 next year.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 15:31 (Ref:447695)   #35
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The better way to evaluate Nelsinho was to have Juliano Moro there. With Medeiros car Juliano was up there with Nelsinho what only show people that he wasnt winning because he was cheating ... he was winning cause he is faster that the rest. Juliano is a very good driver, he was up there just 0.2 secs behind Piquet with the same car that Medeiros use to be 1 sec slower or worst. The thing in Sudam this year is that Nelsinho was better of all ... and about other drivers not being used to race in the rain ?!?!?!?! NO EXCUSE ...
I dont think is from another planet, i just think he is a very good driver that achieved a lot in only 1 and a half season of racing.
I hope he does well in UK next season, but i dont expect to see him fighting for race wins, because as Graciela said the competition in Sudam isnt very tough.

To end this ... my opinion is that Nelsinho is a Very Very good driver that still have a lot to show, but i cannot accept that so many people call him a cheater and try not to see how good a rcer he is.

I hope to see him (or anyone else) in F1 because of his talents not because of his last name or his bank account.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 13:56 (Ref:448335)   #36
Graciela
Rookie

Graciela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok NME. I don't wanna "fight" about him. You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's wait and see what he cand do in next years. I watched almost F3 Sudam races and I know what I'm talking about. I think he is good but not very very good like and his father and some people think.

I can't believe that he can do Schumacher retire to the F1 like his father told but I would like to see him fight to Schumacher. Let's wait.