Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Vandas
VB,

I didn't quite understand what you meant, when you were saying that you were suprised.

What is 'the only way'?

Sorry dude, I am a bit thick at the moment.

Cam
You're a bit thick? How about me??
I meant I don't get any news on the lessor formulae and thus I don't get any news of the Aussi drivers racing overseas.
International is the way to go, I meant as opposed to racing in single seaters here in Oz - because that will get these guys nowhere. They must go overseas to Europe or Japan. F3000 is good if the guy can get another drive.

Bella, please tell me more
Old 19 Dec 2002, 00:56 (Ref:453095)   #27
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VB,

I disagree with you slightly!

Look at the talent coming out of Australian Open-Wheeler racing.

As well as the fact that I am looking for a drive in the Australian F3 series next year. hehehe Well the offers are there just not the dollars.

News doesn't sound good for Rob, however a guy with his amount of talent should be able to pull a seat in a European/UK series somewhere.

Looks like I am going to the AIS with Marcus Marshall as well as Will Power now. Manderson is just checking on his supplementary exam timetable before confirming his attendance.

There should be plenty of news coming out after then. January is closing deal time so should be interesting to see where everyone goes.

Cam
Old 19 Dec 2002, 02:57 (Ref:453152)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Vandas, where on earth do I get a look in on the open wheeler racing in Oz? There is nothing on TV that I know of
I don't know what the AIS is, but good luck just the same Buddy.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 03:14 (Ref:453164)   #29
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Couple more things guys,

Further to earlier comments.

Will Power is looking good to maybe sign with Alan Docking. He has the financial support, so I guess the race is on between himself and Paul England.

VB,

SBS runs Australian Formula 3 on Speedweek. Australian F3 is a support event at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, the Honda Indy Carnival, and the ISLAND MAGIC events.

Formula 3 is associated with PROCAR, therefore you can go to the PROCAR rounds to see them compete along with the Brutes, Nations Cup, GT Performance, GT Production, and the Mirages.

Cam
Old 19 Dec 2002, 07:39 (Ref:453216)   #30
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rate Will Power and am intrigued with the name. He looked very good against the aussie competition but how will he fare against the best youngsters in the World?
Old 19 Dec 2002, 10:50 (Ref:453303)   #31
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
I rate Will Power and am intrigued with the name. He looked very good against the aussie competition but how will he fare against the best youngsters in the World?
The only way to find out how the likes of Will & Marcus fare against overseas competition is for them to land drives in Europe.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 12:57 (Ref:453386)   #32
bingman
Racer

bingman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the one with the most talent is Power. i really don't see manderson, davidson, marshall, nguyen being anything "special". Sure some of them may be good, some maybe very good but still nobody special.
sorry
Old 19 Dec 2002, 14:32 (Ref:453493)   #33
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
VB,

The AIS is the Australian Institute of Sport.

CAMS, in conjunction with the Australian Sports Commission run camps for invited Race Drivers from all categories of 4-wheel motorsport.

Basically it is being tested, sitting through lectures, and learning new training skills.

Should be pretty cool.

Bingman, I think you are wrong. I believe that Will Davison would easily beat Power next year, mainly on the back that he knows all of the tracks already, and has lived in England for a year already.

It is a big adjustment and is one of things that is causing a few doubts in some Team owners minds.

However we all know just how good Will Power is, give him one season in British F3, and he will be a championship contender in his second year.

Cam
Old 23 Dec 2002, 02:21 (Ref:455891)   #34
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Nguyen at Super Nova?
Old 23 Dec 2002, 09:12 (Ref:455998)   #35
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nguyen nothing special? Maybe he's just 'naturally' able to enter racing with very little experiance racing et al when some have been in it for years. The fact he got competitive on circuits in a weekend without having been on them ever before.
I'm not saying he's raikkonen, but it is a little unusual at least. And unusual in a good way.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.