Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2003, 17:40 (Ref:474151)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know how well it will go,(obviously) but it's definatly the best looking BAR yet.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 17:46 (Ref:474159)   #27
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the livery is nice. The car also does not have the sickly white look that it had in past years, more of Hondas colors are a definate improvement. The similarities to the Williams are pretty obvious. Hopefully its the unseen that makes the difference. The goofy front wing has been junked too... thank God for that. I am even more anxious now to she the car driven hard and to see if/how/where it has been improved, besides its looks.

Oh and that was the new driving suits that JV had on the Magazine cover. Even that looks better. But how fast will they be?!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 17:50 (Ref:474169)   #28
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What B.A.R? It would be nice, if they had rename the team as BRM or E.R.A.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Jan 2003, 18:31 (Ref:474210)   #29
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I quite like that car, better than the other B.A.R's anyway
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:16 (Ref:474262)   #30
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, this one looks much much better than the BAR004.

I even like the paintjob!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 20:55 (Ref:474363)   #31
Jellybabe
Racer

Jellybabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Could this be the year that BAR actually achieve something? If they beat Sauber I'll be seriously impressed...
They beat Sauber in 2000, but it was still trendy to knock the team then so no-one paid it any attention...
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:00 (Ref:474372)   #32
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's not alot of revolutionary concepts on this car, rear wing looks like its still the spec from last year, the turning vanes are new, exhausts are evolved from last year, and rear aero is the same concept as last year, except now they've got a better evolved winglet. Although in past years teams usually launch the car with dummy wings and at melbourne is when the real 2003 spec aero kit shows up. Whether that's the case with BAR remains to be seen.

It sure is better than the cars of past years, the nose is alot sleeker and higher up. I think they've done a compromise with the front suspension, it's still a single keel but part of it is independently mounted. It's sorta in the same mold as the jag last year in regards to that front.

Apparently the Honda engine is alot lighter and revs over 19000 rpms. If the engine is good, and the car is reliable, I don't see why BAR can't be good, especially with a motivated former champion with imense talents and a hot shot eager to prove himself. They'll probably go toe to toe with Renault, and be right on the tail of the big three.

One thing to note on the sponsorship front tho, it seems they've lost a few sponsors. Sonax defected to Mclaren, Tiscali and Acer wasn't on the car or the website. Although Honda has started sponsoring them so it should make up for the difference this year. However their financial future doesn't look too promising especially if the tobacco ban kicks in early.

Last edited by PoweredByHonda; 14 Jan 2003 at 21:09.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:04 (Ref:474380)   #33
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jellybabe
They beat Sauber in 2000, but it was still trendy to knock the team then so no-one paid it any attention...
Hey - Arrows beat Sauber in 2000, and Jordan too. Then Sauber had a seminal year in 2001 and evolved into a more serious force. However, they remain a lower league team that perform beyond their means, whereas BAR are very much a major league team performing consistently below their potential. I hope 2003 is the turn-around team for BAR, and I can assure you that I am not as anti Jaques and anti BAR as I probably sound - indeed its because they have disappointed me so much that I sometimes tend to go for them.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 02:19 (Ref:474684)   #34
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber just got better in the season of 2001 onwards...anyway definitely a better aero package than last year's but still not quite yet the F2002 rear end package although it's sporting the periscope exhaust exits shape
Old 15 Jan 2003, 09:12 (Ref:474853)   #35
Jellybabe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoweredByHonda
One thing to note on the sponsorship front tho, it seems they've lost a few sponsors. Sonax defected to Mclaren, Tiscali and Acer wasn't on the car or the website.
The new website's ****, pardon my French! I keep getting eye ache if I go on it for more than a couple of minutes!
Old 15 Jan 2003, 12:43 (Ref:474984)   #36
Scottie
Rookie

Scottie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't agree more Jellybabe, I get dizzy looking at the home page, pictures are crappy, but on the launch note...there are no pics of Jacques and David Richards together. JB's car #16 rolled out. A sign of things to come?
Old 15 Jan 2003, 13:07 (Ref:475011)   #37
Jellybabe
Racer

Jenson is #17, Jacques is still the number one driver and has #16, so Jenson drove Jacques's car. There isn't a number on the car Jenson tested this morning though. But yes, there were no pictures of JV and Richards together.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 16:11 (Ref:475136)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No surprises. We all know that they are very good friends...
Old 15 Jan 2003, 16:19 (Ref:475149)   #39
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not a Ferrari at all. It's a frikkin WILLIAMS!! It IS last year's Willy.