Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Feb 2003, 01:56 (Ref:495651)   #26
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Grazie Wrexy...
Old 4 Feb 2003, 06:20 (Ref:495759)   #27
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember last year hearing that after Brazil a team was already set up to start the 2003 design! After France all resources at Ferrari where transferred to the F-2003! Methinks this will be one special Ferrari!!!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 14:08 (Ref:496101)   #28
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i were ferrari i would show one AWSOME,impossibly good design.
Totally fake of course but the small expense would be SOOO worth it just to see the looks on the faces of the other team bosses!!!!!ROTFLMAO

Then ,in melbourne or wherever,show the real one
Old 4 Feb 2003, 14:38 (Ref:496142)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The awesome design will be the real one - it was last year. As has been noted often recently, Ferrari could probably use the F2002 all year and not feel threatened. Even if the new car is a step too far and proves unreliable or unpredictable they can always revert to (probably) the best F1 car ever!

The waiting is killing - sheer torture. I can't wait to see it, and see the faces of Head and Newey when they realise that they haven't done nearly enough. Mind you, the McLaren is due for much later launch, so that might be more extreme still - McLaren certainly have the balls and the technical flair to do something spectacular.

I have to add that I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that the FW25 is a serious challenger - but practically speaking Williams (or McLaren for that matter) will have done well to leap up to the level of the F2002 and Ferrari are unlikely to go backwards with the F2003.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 15:58 (Ref:496212)   #30
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Gazzetta reported the feelings of Badoer's sneak preview of the car a couple of days ago. "Even faster than the F2002" is all he would say.

Oh, and 3 more sleeps

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 4 Feb 2003 at 15:59.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:11 (Ref:496226)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... wait for Wrex to change the title ?
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:21 (Ref:496235)   #32
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Go ahead Bon, if you have the power, use it!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:38 (Ref:496250)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Boooohh Wrexy, I beat you ! You owe me a beer.

and I meant it !!!!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 17:20 (Ref:496308)   #34
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few things I read over at Atlas:
-The v-angle is being reduced to 88 degrees.
-The engine will weigh 90kg (seems to heavy).
-The qualifying cars will have smaller radiators.
-The exhaust will be longer and thinner.
-The rearwing assembly will resemble that of the Lotus 79. But ive also heard the Lotus 80 and Arrows A2 thrown around.
-Byrne expects a huge jump in performance. "There will be a bigger difference on the cars from 2002 to 2003 than from 2001 to 2002."
Old 4 Feb 2003, 17:30 (Ref:496314)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... Atlas.

3 more days left.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 05:39 (Ref:496914)   #36
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hang on, JonesF1, are smaller radiators allowed, for "qualifying cars"? I thought the FIA said something along the lines of "the car you qualify in is practically the car you race in."

Im not correcting you, i just want to know
Old 5 Feb 2003, 07:21 (Ref:496961)   #37
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a question I cant answer. Newey said this would happen but I dont see what the big deal is. There have always been differences between qual and race setups. Remember turbo teams upping the boost during the 80s? Something insignifigant like radiators should be fine.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 07:35 (Ref:496974)   #38
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 more sleeps! But tell me, are we really looking forward to this?!?!

Of course we are! IT IS A FERRARI!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Feb 2003, 09:33 (Ref:497065)   #39
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"There will be a bigger difference on the cars from 2002 to 2003 than from 2001 to 2002."

WOW!
Old 5 Feb 2003, 09:49 (Ref:497088)   #40
The_Z_Man
Racer

The_Z_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
"There will be a bigger difference on the cars from 2002 to 2003 than from 2001 to 2002."

WOW!
I just hope it won't translate into track performance.

The_Z_Man
Old 5 Feb 2003, 11:24 (Ref:497146)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Well, so we can expect another two red cars in the top...

...and Sauber having the 2002 engines...

...2 Saubers in the top six.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 11:59 (Ref:497171)   #42
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
...and Sauber having the 2002 engines...
...2 Saubers in the top six.
Not a chance - that would mean displacing Williams or McLaren, not to mention Renault.

Last edited by Glen; 5 Feb 2003 at 11:59.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 12:29 (Ref:497194)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Impossible ?

Who knows ?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 12:43 (Ref:497203)   #44
Glen
Veteran

Well nothing's impossible - but I'd consider an upset from a major manufacturer team much more likely. I don't think Sauber have got the strength and depth to produce a race winning car, even if they have got a top three engine with reliability to go wth it. Renault got the better of them with a considerable engine power defecit - so as soon as they start upping their rev limit they will be a serious threat to the podium. And Toyota have got monjey coming out of their ears with a good progressive attitude to go with it. Sauber vs BAR on the Bridgestones will be an interesting battle - great drivers all four of them and a solid, different, team on one side against a team under a lot of pressure with a lot to prove on the other.

How did this get into the F2003 thread!?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 13:19 (Ref:497232)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Because, there will be no surprises. Ferrari's still the best team and the best car.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 13:33 (Ref:497243)   #46
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Hey you grinches, back to the topic at hand!

Santa Claus is coming to town... 2 more days!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:33 (Ref:498352)   #47
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Its Christmas Eve!!!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:38 (Ref:498360)   #48
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will they be doing an internetlaunch as well??
And when will they be doing it?
In the morning, mid-day (don't know the english word sorry) or evening?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:38 (Ref:498361)   #49
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
21 hours, 21 mins and 21 seconds precisely....
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:42 (Ref:498365)   #50
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Goodnight gents