Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do Rodney Forbes, Paul Morris & Paul Romano deserve to hold CAMS licences
Yes 12 34.29%
No 23 65.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:31 (Ref:546111)   #26
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What sponsorship issues do Romano, Forbes and Morris have to worry about when Daddy owns the team and pays the bills ?
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:33 (Ref:546114)   #27
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe Me they still need to attract other outside sponsors, and these sort of comments dont help
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:40 (Ref:546124)   #28
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you're saying that what we say here may result in these 3 moving disaster areas kicked out of the main game ?

That's not really going to discourage anyone !
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:43 (Ref:546127)   #29
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, I had not thought that negative comments could cause a team to lose it sponsors........

Skaife is goose! (there that should do it!)

Last edited by Morris 1100; 24 Mar 2003 at 09:45.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:50 (Ref:546134)   #30
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically of the three Paul Morris has earnt his stripes through the 2 litre championship and then moved in to the V8's, the same way that Brad Jones did. Paul Romano did well in qualifying for a race at Oran Park when he was given Bridgstone tyres - a deal that if i remember correctly was organised by Peter Brock.
As Paul Weel showed this weekend if you have a well sorted car you can mix it with the big boys and when Romano was with the Pack Leader Team back in 96? he did ok. Unfortuantley he is remembered for his antics which would be better served in a crash 'em up derby.
I don't know much about Rodney Forbes. I don't remember seeing his name prior to appearing in V8's - maybe someone can enlighten me?
Whilst i realise that there are a number of drivers who are probably more deserving of the opportunity to race in the top series the fact of the matter is in motor racing money makes the world go round, or don't you remember the silly season we just had with car licenses/franchises/what ever they are called this week.
Eventually those that don't deserve to be there will run out of money and then they will sell their seat and we will have pay drivers just like in the formula one. These pay drivers will in turn bring dollars to the team and the driver that sold his seat will get to drive the enduros with the pay driver.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:50 (Ref:546135)   #31
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im only going on what I was told earlier in the week relating to another post on TT relating to a future driver/ team combo, that went pear shaped when the future sponsor read it hear while the deal was in its infancy and had not been confirmed, although the Sponors name was not mentioned, they thought if news got out this fast this soon into a deal, what other info could be out there for competitors to read. Loose Lips sink ships and Im told the team involved were less than pleased.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 10:48 (Ref:546186)   #32
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But that is hardly the fault of people posting here (apart from the person who posts it originally), it is a discussion forum after all.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 21:05 (Ref:546826)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am aware of a sponsorship deal that fell over in kinda the circumstances mentioned by the Tool Man

The issue, if we are indeed talking of the same one, was a particular team and its personnel were counting their chickens before they were hatched, and virtually announcing things to their suppliers and supporters before the contracts were signed, and indeed before the cheque was in the bank. Sadly the driver's management did something very similar.

The funny bit is that the information reported was actually wrong for the most part, about the only thing right was the team.

And dont believe that the info leak was the cause of the destruction, the sponsor was not wholly convinced that their commitment would result in the marketing benefits being promised by the team and driver management

Oh, and if you take the SORF-speak to its logical conclusion, how many dad's would buy their sons a whole national racing series to showcase their racing talents? I can think of one, whose son had a major major sausage at the AGP
Old 25 Mar 2003, 02:21 (Ref:547015)   #34
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really, this is just ridiculous!! Did you THINK about the question you are asking before you posted it?

Every racer in Australian has to have a CAMS licence - are you trying to say that the drivers you mentioned are below club sport level?? Geeeze..

How about this question, which is what I think you really meant to ask:

Should they be driving in the V8 supercar series?
My answer to that would be NO! (apart from Paul Morris, who is more than experienced enough to be there - I dont even know why you have him in the equation)
Old 25 Mar 2003, 03:53 (Ref:547047)   #35
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTF is a SORF ?
Old 25 Mar 2003, 04:06 (Ref:547056)   #36
Acj 428
Rookie

Acj 428 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't beleive Bap Ramano knocked back $30,000 from Longhurst to race on the weekend, and persist with putting his tantrum throwing son back in the car???????
Old 25 Mar 2003, 05:05 (Ref:547086)   #37
thepaw
Rookie

thepaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SORF = Sons Of Rich Fathers
Old 25 Mar 2003, 05:15 (Ref:547090)   #38
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acj 428 - can you confirm that?????
Old 25 Mar 2003, 06:02 (Ref:547102)   #39
True Believer
Racer

$30k for what? So he could DNF for 2 races because of **** preparation??

Jeez that would have made financial sense huh....
Old 25 Mar 2003, 09:21 (Ref:547215)   #40
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Diabando
Really, this is just ridiculous!! Did you THINK about the question you are asking before you posted it?

Every racer in Australian has to have a CAMS licence - are you trying to say that the drivers you mentioned are below club sport level?? Geeeze..

How about this question, which is what I think you really meant to ask:

Should they be driving in the V8 supercar series?
My answer to that would be NO! (apart from Paul Morris, who is more than experienced enough to be there - I dont even know why you have him in the equation)
If they drove to the standard the usally do in an observed licence test then they wouldn't get there licences. See if you can't obey flags etc then you have no place out there in the pretend world of V8's
Old 25 Mar 2003, 09:46 (Ref:547236)   #41
Acj 428
Rookie

Not to name names!!!!

i got the information from a close freind of the Ramano's... That's all I'm saying....
Old 25 Mar 2003, 09:50 (Ref:547239)   #42
Acj 428
Rookie

$30k for what? So he could DNF for 2 races because of **** preparation??

Jeez that would have made financial sense huh....

WELL I'M sure Tony hasn't got a crystal Ball Has he....And it beats the **** out of sitting at home...AT least he would of got some race time and exposure........And maybe (No would have) shown up Paul.....!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 08:26 (Ref:548392)   #43
aaaahhhhhhh
Rookie

aaaahhhhhhh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that the consencus is that no they don't deserve CAMS licences by the votes
Old 27 Mar 2003, 05:32 (Ref:549608)   #44
True Believer
Racer

Why would a 2 time Bathurst winner need more exposure Acj428? I thought it was written in here Longhurst was signed to drive for Symbol anyway?

Old Roddler Nash would be the driving force behind the request, to get ingratiated in the Castrol world a little more.
Old 29 Mar 2003, 10:20 (Ref:551953)   #45
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, don't forget Romano is already 150 points ahead of his total from last year with only one round completed so far.

This years tally so far = 000
Last years Tally = -150
Old 29 Mar 2003, 22:20 (Ref:552462)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, but can he keep it up PVDA
Old 30 Mar 2003, 23:19 (Ref:553255)   #47
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason Thexton wasnt competing at the 500 was the fact that his engine blew in a warm up session, his allience with Larkham didnt include things like replacment engines, he may have been 105% below at the time but who knows what may have happened given a chance?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 31 Mar 2003, 10:58 (Ref:553610)   #48
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can anyone else confirm that he was turned around 3 times in qualifying?
Old 31 Mar 2003, 11:06 (Ref:553617)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Thexton DNQ'd and did not get dispensation to start as his practice times were outside the 105% limit on this event.

Thexton did not even attempt to do the warmup session, so I dont know where that came from.

Turned around by who Crash??
Old 31 Mar 2003, 11:34 (Ref:553646)   #50
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno, but three different cars.

BTW- David should be getting some lessons shortly by Cam McLean, who'll be busy doing the rounds with a few Konica drivers, a new BRute driver, and will be squeezing in a Kmart test