Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2003, 15:05 (Ref:602570)   #26
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC was never on the pace even in the race. For comparison see Alonso.
Old 18 May 2003, 15:07 (Ref:602573)   #27
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not on the pace but still got some points..thats experience and he deserves some credit for it.
Old 18 May 2003, 16:21 (Ref:602648)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV replayed the interview again today. I can't remember it word for word but after Ron said it's unacceptable he then goes on to say something along the lines of we're a team and we'll overcome these problems.
Old 18 May 2003, 16:36 (Ref:602657)   #29
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two viewpoints.

1. DC must think he is in a bad dream, his 'favoured' team mate of the past few years retires, which in theory should of handed the mantle onto DC, only to find this kid, barely a race to him name, blitz's him and is now leading the WDC. This inturn hand's the impetus onto the new kid on the block, leaving DC to play catch up - probably both on the track, and within the team.

2. DC is a driver who has only ever sat in championship winning car (without him being the champion in it), has only ever had race winning machinary at his disposal - and has done relatively little with it. Sporadic race wins coupled with 2 or 3 really stunning performances per year.

Which is it, unlucky and 'hard done by' or just an average driver who's outclassed by the best. If we examine DC's CV, I think his last championship win was back in either FFord or FVauxhall, deep in the midst of the junior formula, which suggest that DC has a weakness in putting a consistent, championship winning season together - a feature it's fair to say he has repeated in F1.

Whatever, IMO DC needs to move onto pastures new to gain some fresh impetus, trouble is where.....
Old 18 May 2003, 17:22 (Ref:602695)   #30
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Do unto others as they do to you!!"

Ron clearly has not forgotten that "unacceptable" is the term DC used to slag off McLaren earlier this year (after Malaysia)!

In the opinon of this staunch McLaren fan, Ron deliberately chose the word "unacceptable" to describe DC's qualifying performance - and relished the opportunity to remind DC that his less-than-complimentary comments about the team could also be directed at him!
Old 18 May 2003, 18:00 (Ref:602743)   #31
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well spotted Suzy - Rons nice little 'smack of the wrist' at DC in public, bodes well for their future relationship!

McLaren don't need team orders - they've got DC.
Old 18 May 2003, 19:19 (Ref:602800)   #32
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
14th to 5th was OK,you can't win them all.
Old 19 May 2003, 22:24 (Ref:604028)   #33
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do points mean?
Old 19 May 2003, 22:26 (Ref:604030)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
prizes?
Old 19 May 2003, 23:19 (Ref:604065)   #35
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Exactly. Consistency is the breakfast of champions...
Old 20 May 2003, 00:13 (Ref:604115)   #36
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC has just one more race win and one less pole than Villeneuve. Villeneuve had a race winning car for two seasons at Williams. How many seasons has DC had a race winning car now???? 6 or 7 at least I'd say. I think that says a lot...put JV in that Mac!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 20 May 2003, 06:37 (Ref:604270)   #37
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ron's declarations are a bit uncorrect, but cases like that of Pizzonia show that such behaviors can be useful to stimulate the driver.
No doubt, infact, that since his seat has been put under discussion, Pizzonia has clearly improved his performances.
Probably Ron hopes to get the same result with DC
Old 20 May 2003, 09:41 (Ref:604421)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Exactly. Consistency is the breakfast of champions...
If thats the case, why has DC never been champion?
Old 20 May 2003, 16:14 (Ref:604942)   #39
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Because he hasn't been consistent.
Old 20 May 2003, 16:40 (Ref:604967)   #40
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personaly I do not think DC will ever drive for another team he will go the same way as Eddie.
Old 20 May 2003, 19:38 (Ref:605209)   #41
f1hp
Rookie

f1hp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rpolinski
I seem to remember Ron criticising Senna from time to time...
-Well, there certainly was lots to criticise about the Brazilian Brat!
Old 20 May 2003, 19:57 (Ref:605228)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths. That's quite a (presumably) sarcastic opening gambit on this forum.

Welcome!
Old 21 May 2003, 04:55 (Ref:605544)   #43
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It almost seems to be that even though Coultard has said "I want to be WDC", that he has never actually believed it in his head and heart. It's almost like he has talked himself out of being a WDC
Old 21 May 2003, 15:28 (Ref:605994)   #44
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think so, colin. He believes he can be WDC, if he didn't he wouldn't be racing: the problem comes, I think, with the fact he just is not on that higher level that the WDC's reach.
Old 22 May 2003, 08:49 (Ref:606574)   #45
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think its fair to say thay any team will place more favourable support to a driver challanging for the title over their other driver who isn't, such as Hakkinen and Coulthard, it looks like DC may be in for it again.
Mclaren will, imo, support Raikonnen and push DC back into the shaddows. Where he belongs IMO.
Old 23 May 2003, 09:46 (Ref:607563)   #46
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that home page of McLaren.com says allmost everything about Ron's plans for the future.
Old 23 May 2003, 13:05 (Ref:607807)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
I think that home page of McLaren.com says allmost everything about Ron's plans for the future.
Yes (including loads on the new car), but do you mean something specific?
Old 23 May 2003, 13:53 (Ref:607861)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

How come Rons hemarrhoids burst when Dave makes some small errors, yet when Raikkonen flies off the track and has to abort his run (Spain, almost in Australia) Ron says something along the lines of "Well, that's motor racing". It's like when DC stalled in Spain 2001 (LC glitch). Rons response: "David had a severe case of brain fade". Mika Hakkinen, on the other hand, stalled three or four times that year (mostly his fault) and nothing was said. Ron Dennis doesn't like DC does he?
Old 23 May 2003, 15:20 (Ref:607979)   #49
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The MP4-18 pictures are classic - plastered with Kimi's name. They should have written Adrian all over it.
Old 23 May 2003, 15:29 (Ref:607994)   #50
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Yes (including loads on the new car), but do you mean something specific?
Yes, I mean putting picures of your new car, on your homapage, with just one name on it is rather strong message for the other driver.