Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2003, 09:18 (Ref:617512)   #26
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While the tyres played a part i think not enough credit has gone to JPM & Kimi on outstanding drives as TGF still beat some other noteable Michelin runners while i'm not sure what Ruben's problem was, he just looked slow.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 10:34 (Ref:617573)   #27
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"i think not enough credit has gone to JPM & Kimi on outstanding drives"

you are a bloody greedy man... they have got tons of credit..and it's not enough!!?!! Just ask for credit for MS great drives and see what you get!

In fact, Michael being where he is compared to other Bridgestone runners and more importantly to his teammate is a real impressive sign!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 10:53 (Ref:617589)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
you are a bloody greedy man... they have got tons of credit..and it's not enough!!?!! Just ask for credit for MS great drives and see what you get!

In fact, Michael being where he is compared to other Bridgestone runners and more importantly to his teammate is a real impressive sign!
I think the point is GT, that whenever Michael is beaten, it's always blamed on things like his tyres, our there must be something wrong with his car etc (and Murray Walker, bless his heart, was one of the leading figures in this line of thinking!), Yesterday, for example, all we've heard is Michaels tyres weren't good enough etc, not that maybe Ferrari picked the wrong stratergy, had it not been for that then Michael wouldn't have had to sit behind Jarno for too long and would have got in the mix. (witness how well he went once he go past Jarno).At the end of the day, JPM and Kimi, had a better day, had a better weekend for that matter and drove a better race.

The ammount of times, that other drivers have had problems and Michaels gone onto win is quite high, but it's always put down to Michaels brilliance. (and i'm not saying that he's not a brilliant driver, because he is) but when the boots on the other foot, it's always Michael must have had a problem, as if he's incapable of having a race where he is beaten on merit.

This is not to attack your post GT_R, just using your post to highlight something.

And yes, your right about Michaels performance, i wouldn't necessarily say against the other Bridgestone runners, but especially against his own team-mate, but that's for another thread which i might start now
Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:04 (Ref:617671)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari had a poor weekend for a couple of reasons, by far the biggest being tyres. Monaco has a totally unique character as far as tyres go - essentially very very slippery, with (obviously) loads of very slow corners to get traction out of. Bridgestone just cannot make a decent tyre for here it seems, certainly not on the same level as Michelin.

Another factor is aerodynamics - Monaco demands maximum downforce, but with maximum ground clearance and with the softest suspension settings - the Ferrari is an outstanding car (way better than many here are giving credit for) and alot of its dominance is due to excellent aerodynamic efficiency (good downforce for not much drag) - when the ride heights go up and the car is rolling and pitching a lot their big aero advantage is lost, or so it seems to me.

Williams have been strong in Canada, so perhaps Montoya can play the advantage for a little longer, but basically I reckon as soon as we get back to conventional circuits the F2003GA will once again dominate. I hope it doesn't, but think it will.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:18 (Ref:617683)   #30
TTT

How boring would it have been if Ferrari were on Michelins? Thank goodness Bridgestone got it wrong for once, Michael really did the business to get 3rd. I feel for Rubens though, now everyone knows why he's number 2.

Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:45 (Ref:617709)   #31
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One word. Tyres. And strategy. Er, two words. Tyres and strategy. And maybe maybe aerodynamics... Three words...

(No-one expects.... etc. etc.)

Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:57 (Ref:617717)   #32
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
This tire war ruins the racing, but that is another topic.
I know it is another topic but sorry I cant resist! I fail to see how this tyre war is bad for racing - if MS was on Michelins or everyone else was on B'stone then TGF would have romped away to another dull win.

Go Michelin! make ferrari and TGF work for it baby.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 13:01 (Ref:617720)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, the tyres were the stars in Monaco. It was a brilliant win for JPM as he made the right strategy and made no mistakes bringing it home, but as we saw the two Michelin cars were at the best this weekend.