Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 17 Jul 2003, 12:49 (Ref:663846)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
mmmm . . .being a musician as well, I always listen to music, I think my concentration level would blot it out on the track though, and having spent all that money on an engine Id want to hear it sing, not listen to a CD!
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:05 (Ref:663923)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and thanks for making me have "I'm in love with my car" in my head for the last 24 hours! its driving me mad!! no pun intended!!!
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:33 (Ref:663954)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"........... got a feel for that automobile, get a grip on my boy racer rollbars.................."

What absolutely marvelous lyrics
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:22 (Ref:664016)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
told my girl I had to forget her . . .rather buy me a new carburettor

apparently written in homage to a car nut freind who died in an accident/crash
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:03 (Ref:664603)   #30
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and for our two wheel friends...
Motorbikin' cant recall who sang it though, was it Graham Parker and the Rumour or one of the other Canver Island bands.. showing signs of a mispent youth I fear!

on a similar vein to above there was Jan and Dean's "Dead man's curve"
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:23 (Ref:664611)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[anorak]Chris Spedding[/anorak]
Old 18 Jul 2003, 08:17 (Ref:664637)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

of course - your youth was clearly even more mispent! Either that or you have been in Ankarra too long! (based on the few occassions that I have been up there that could be it!)
Old 18 Jul 2003, 08:44 (Ref:664652)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The former definitely. The latter? Wouldn't like to say.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 10:15 (Ref:664728)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Canvey island . . . .Dr Feelgood hailed from there didnt they? we do a few of their tracks . . . .in our band
Old 18 Jul 2003, 10:39 (Ref:664749)   #35
simon drabble
Veteran

Dr Feelgood, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes and of course G Parker and the Rumour there were probably others but not hailing from that area I only knew the ones that crossed over into mainstream!
and the name of your band? Throbnozzles??
Old 18 Jul 2003, 15:12 (Ref:665004)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
no the Anthill Mob . . .a blues band
Old 18 Jul 2003, 17:24 (Ref:665096)   #37
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh, what's that Kenny Rogers song? "...You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"

Chris Spedding...good one, hammer boy.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 18:41 (Ref:665160)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ooh Takes yer breath away!
Old 22 Jul 2003, 06:48 (Ref:667960)   #39
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man I wouldn't even notice it. I usually end up so zoned in on driving, that i forge5t watc going on around me. I at one point had my rew talking to me on the radio for about three laps and didn't hear them say one word. It is really bizarre to realize after the fact how much of a trance you go into when racing, at least for me.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 09:10 (Ref:668068)   #40
simon drabble
Veteran

I am like that with the lap boards when I am being asked to come in for a driver change..... just cannot see it!!!