Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Jul 2003, 20:58 (Ref:670592)   #26
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A takeover needs to come through fairly soon,a dn whoever come sin needs to have a very slear idea of what to do,a nd do it quickly. The approach fo throwing a lot of money into the ESP tthis eyar was the right one, but it's emptied the purses a bit, as ahve those self-promoted events. A 2005 CART season is by no means a formality, which is a shame, ebcause no one would win from the championship's demise.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 21:58 (Ref:670631)   #27
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Toronto, I said Tags in Vancouver and Carpentier in Montreal, but I could live with macdaddy's picks.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 23:03 (Ref:670658)   #28
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Jay - we are best to agree that we all hope that somehow CART survives and remains a great series. The rest of the details we will have to agree to disagree on. I would state emphatically that financially they are not a series on the up, rather further momentum down, but enough of that talk for now. Let's enjoy some great racing.
True, I think it's better to be a healthy series...even if the books aren't looking too good. Anyway, check my topic on the next great race - Vancouver!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Jul 2003, 01:59 (Ref:670716)   #29
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mar C. is reporting a shareholder lawsuit by Vannini, with quotes. If there's a trading freeze because of it.........
Old 25 Jul 2003, 02:17 (Ref:670727)   #30
fordtc87
Rookie

United States
Indianapolis, IN
fordtc87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just all send them $10. I'd do it. Here is the address:
Championship Auto Racing Teams Inc.
5350 Lakeview Parkway South Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46268 USA
Old 25 Jul 2003, 05:16 (Ref:670819)   #31
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When C^RT does go private, I for one will miss the regular D & G contributions from our resident Nostradumbasses.

Last edited by ¡As-de-mim!; 25 Jul 2003 at 05:18.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 05:25 (Ref:670821)   #32
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ¡As-de-mim!
When C^RT does go private, I for one will miss the regular D & G contributions from our resident Nostradumbasses.
Nostradumbasses I like that one.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 05:57 (Ref:670838)   #33
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow!
If I lose Cart I will have zero racing to watch. F1 is boring. Even Silverstone, maybe the best race of the year, seems contrived and absurd when compared to "real racing" of today and yesterday.

ChampCars are "real racing" for today, at least to this fan. The IRL, in my humble opinion, is one man's wet dream gone awry. It is like my AFX slot cars way back on Christmas morn. Fun for a while but ultimately fake and toyish. Just these toys are toys with a deathwish. At least Nascar, and I find that absurd too, does not pretend to be anything other than what it is; Fourty taxi cabs driven by the fourth, twice removed, cousins of General Lee. If this seems harsh so what. Good things usually end too soon. Maybe it's Cart's turn. I sincerely hope not but after reading the experts on this site...well at least there is still Golf. I can put myself to sleep with that instead. And dream of the good old days when racing was how fast you went around a twisty track, how many cars you passed on the way and who stood listening to their national anthem with tears of true accomplishment.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:53 (Ref:671071)   #34
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, don't be knocking slot cars!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:16 (Ref:671178)   #35
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART has an infrastructure, and it has a schedual that is on the Tracks calender i am sure for 5 years, so if cart doeas fold, it give the teams and the rich guys a chance to form a new Champcar Series right from the ashes in no time, If it took CART what 10 million to run the season this year, they can get that in a heart beat from some of the rich guys,(whoever they are) and run the new series in the same spec of use new engines from stock pieces, it can be done. CART exists whether or not it is a public entity, and the IRL won't steal any dates because the cars aren't ready for that yet. of course the bone head promoter would wanna do something 'clever' or 'hip' calling it Formula X or Formula Phoenix, or some risin out of the ashes it is the in series carpola. What we need is ChampCars-
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:21 (Ref:671183)   #36
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's just the situation right now, gttouring. CART does NOT have a race schedule for '04, it does NOT have a TV schedule for '04, does NOT have sponsors committed for '04, does NOT have race teams committed for '04 and does NOT have the cash to run '04. Best guess is a reincarnation under another name as a private entity with a different plan.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:13 (Ref:671238)   #37
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BS just keeps spewing doesn't it...

Cart hasn't released a schedule for next season, and a few events are up for renegotiation next year? How many series aren't in this situation? Cart had not released a schedule at this point last year either... If I recall, the said it would come out in August. Obviously if the race schedule has yet to be released, the TV schedule won't be either. It's already been announced that over half the races will be on CBS, with the rest likely on a different cable network. Again, how many other series have released their 2004 TV schedule at this point?

Some teams have sponsorship issues for next year, others don't. Cart itself does have sponsors for next year in the form of Bridgestone and Ford, also several people (ex-board members incl) have hinted that they have a title sponsor lined up for next year.

Cart has commitments from most of its teams actually (unlike last year), many of which have stated they want to expand. And there are new ones looking to come in. The only thing here is, the sooner Cart gets its corporate side sorted out, the easier it will be for the teams that need more sponsorship to find it... some like ASTJ don't even need it.

Cart admitted that due to increased expenses this year, and less revenue than expected, they'll need some additional cash to complete 04'... last I recall, this was '03..and '04 was still a ways away - with quite a bit of time in between to find some extra cash or a buyer. The only thing is, the quicker it's sorted out, the better for teams looking for sponsorship and the better the 2004 season will be!

Last edited by Jay; 25 Jul 2003 at 16:17.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:22 (Ref:671244)   #38
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MPH has hit another all time low for the THIRD straight day. Currently trading at $1.61, down 24 cents or another whopping 13%.

Poor Gerald Forsythe
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:28 (Ref:671251)   #39
indycool
Veteran

You paint a pretty picture, Jay.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:30 (Ref:671254)   #40
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Now would be a good time for you guys to buy some stock.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:35 (Ref:671256)   #41
indycool
Veteran

Think I'll wait....since that post, it dropped to $1.60 on volume of 61,500 shares.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 09:25 (Ref:671732)   #42
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
When I was a kid and we were living on whatever Dad could win racing on dirt tracks (which occasionally left Mom with $10.00 to feed 5 people for a week), our best times were those when the parents gathered up all the change in the house and we drove to Pennsylvania (about 10 minutes away) to get ice cream cones all around. Even if CART ends in 2004, we'll all enjoy talking about Cleveland, won't we? [/B]
Liz,that was the best post I have ever seen from you,and I've read several. ...been there.