Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Fully concur, Max
Old 25 Aug 2003, 12:43 (Ref:698240)   #27
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I'l, say the same I said when Ayrton "disappeared": I hope no one driver dominates F1 in the next years (I didn't luck that time, did I?). When a driver (or team) dominates F1 is pretty dull to watch, as cars and tracks are not very dramatic to see these days.

So, I hope Alonso, Webber, Kimi, etc doesn't develop too much! And, of course, I'm assuming MS will peak some day, maybe he has already!
Old 25 Aug 2003, 13:24 (Ref:698265)   #28
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone is forgetting that at Ferrari they were perfectly aware of summer troubles, already at the beginning of it.
The facts of still leading the standings certainly is good for them (as well it certainly disappoints Patrick Head, no doubt about it), since the resting races seem to better suit the Rosse package.
Despite all, I see Hungary GP as a missed chance by JPM to reach the top, more than a good day for him, and if it wasn't for a bit of luck when he spun....
JPM had many more chances to do better than he did, than MS actually had.
Being still runner-up, with just one point of advantage on Kimi... can he really feel satisfied? mmmhh..
Old 25 Aug 2003, 14:03 (Ref:698286)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly, this time will or has come. TGF has lost his edge, maybe a bit, but I don't see it as a downhill for his career. He's still the best racer out there, and anyone who wants to push him out of the top, has to do a lot more than just win this WDC.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 14:36 (Ref:698313)   #30
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how much is all down to trying new things in desperation to improve the car.A similar (valid)argument was used by damon when diniz outqualified him
Old 25 Aug 2003, 17:33 (Ref:698461)   #31
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Q. If the Ferarri becomes less competitive - what has MS got to look forward to? After all he has achieved will he want to go round the loop all over again to get another 'package' back up to the top?
Old 25 Aug 2003, 17:59 (Ref:698476)   #32
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think it'll take a wet race for it to be proven that Michael is still the undisputed best, and has lost no edge.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 18:02 (Ref:698481)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That wouldn't mean much with TC currently fitted on the cars unless he pulls a Senna.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 18:09 (Ref:698491)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
I think it'll take a wet race for it to be proven that Michael is still the undisputed best, and has lost no edge.
....and to prove Bridgestone make the best wet tyres.....
Old 25 Aug 2003, 18:36 (Ref:698523)   #35
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Even if he is 1 sec lap faster than Jenson and the rest of the Bridgeston boys?
Old 25 Aug 2003, 18:41 (Ref:698530)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone knows (or should know) he's the best Bridgestone runner by a mile, however compared to the entire grid it is an entirely different matter.

He's presently no longer the best driver out there cause he has been in much worser situations than this and still proved to be highly competitive.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 21:15 (Ref:698675)   #37
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

I have to admit, he's a little off at the moment. I think there is more to it though, both Ferrari and BS have dropped the ball considerably.

I think it's more than the Ferrari/Bridgestone thing, but people find this as a very convientiant excuse. Lets not forget that Michael hasn't lead a lap now for 5 races (over 300 laps) and that includes a race that his team-mate won quite convincingly (Silverstone).

We can't tell the stratergies between 2 team-mates anymore, but Rubens has also looked a lot more confident in Qualifying just lately, out doing Michael a fair ammount.

I might not be a Michael fan (as you all know), but i have said before that watching Michael on his qualifying laps or when his back was against the wall, made me look on in amazement, i can't remember the last time that that happened.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 21:48 (Ref:698705)   #38
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the main concern for Michael would be that he's been outqualified by rubens for 3 successive races, I know the fuel rules play a part in this but in Hungary they looked to have been on similar strategies. As for Silverstone and Germany events conspired so that we really don't know but again Michael stopped earlyish IIRC and I doubt Rubens would have stopped significantly earlier.

We'll see what happens next, 3 weeks to Monza isn't it? Hurry up!!!!!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:01 (Ref:699300)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, RB are responsible for another TGF record (negative in this case): He has never been outqualified by his team mate, 3 times in a row !
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:29 (Ref:699340)   #40
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
"This was a disaster race for Ferrari," said Lauda to Reuters. "It is impressive how they have gone backwards. Now they are so bad it's unbelievable. They have been dominating the last three years, nobody could get near them and now they get lapped."

According to the three-time world champion, the problem is deeper than we might think and is not just related to their tyre's lacklustre performance. "I think the problem for Ferrari is that something has gone wrong consistently. Sure, the tyres didn't help. But there are more things, little details which for whatever reason they are not taking care of as in the past."

"I'm sure that Ferrari are not performing like they always do because they have won too many races," added Lauda. "What happens if you win too many races is that you ease off a little bit. And Michael is not doing a perfect job under pressure."

Speaking of Schumacher, Lauda is also wondering if the five-time world champion is still driving at his usual high standard. "Michael's performance at the moment worries me a bit. For the last few races Barrichello was quicker which I do not understand. Between Michael and Barrichello there has always been between three and five tenths. But now Schumacher is always behind. He's losing performance over the last four or five races by trying too hard."
Old 27 Aug 2003, 01:49 (Ref:700205)   #41
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
After the first 3 races, i posted that Michael didn't seem to be enjoying himself in F1, but my opinion was that Ferrari would release the F2003GA and Michael would go on to win his 6th title then hang up his helmet.

Well, Ferrari released the new car, Michaels season took an upturn and he resigned with Ferrari till the end of 2006.

I just wonder, as F1 seems to go in cycles, should Ferrari's reign be over for a while, if Michael will want to stick around and be beaten by the likes of Juan Pablo, Kimi, Fernando and his brother?

He has said in the past that he would proberbly retire if he starts getting beaten regularly.

We all know that Michaels a fighter, but i wonder if he'll think it's still worth it, after all, he has nothing left to prove.

Last edited by Mr V; 27 Aug 2003 at 01:50.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 02:04 (Ref:700213)   #42
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
He has said in the past that he would proberbly retire if he starts getting beaten regularly.
Yeah, getting consistently beat is murder on a carefully crafted reputation.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:50 (Ref:700488)   #43
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
And Michael is not doing a perfect job under pressure."

He's losing performance over the last four or five races by trying too hard."
Under pressure, he makes mistakes, and we know of a few very high profile incidents. He is under the most pressure he has faced since '94 and it is showing, and the car is not right either which means the team is swaying in the breeze. By rights, they shouldn't win the WDC but I think they will get there in the end.

Go JPM.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 11:49 (Ref:700546)   #44
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a Schumacher fan, but it will be kinda sad for him if he bows out after not winning the WDC.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:07 (Ref:700565)   #45
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
I am not a Schumacher fan, but it will be kinda sad for him if he bows out after not winning the WDC.
WHY :confused:
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:20 (Ref:700579)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I just wonder, as F1 seems to go in cycles, should Ferrari's reign be over for a while, if Michael will want to stick around and be beaten by the likes of Juan Pablo, Kimi, Fernando and his brother?
I believe that too, and according to this view it's time for Williams to dominate !
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:24 (Ref:700583)   #47
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Michael is a fighter. He'll stick around even if he loses the WDC. He won't rest until Ferrari is a the top again. If they lose this year, he'll be working harder than ever over the winter to figure out what went wrong.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 14:43 (Ref:700730)   #48
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Michael is in a slump by his standards. Look, the car isn't great, the tires aren't great, and he's been through quite a bit. Don't forget his Mum passed away this year, so there has been a great deal emotionally on his plate.

He can certainly be excused, for not carrying the car like he usually would, though I think he is far from finished. Even if he is on the decline, it in no way diminishes that he is one of the best all time.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 20:09 (Ref:701078)   #49
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael is really losing his edge,and he knows it,
I'm sure of he has already decide,quit after this season
Old 27 Aug 2003, 20:35 (Ref:701106)   #50
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
Under pressure, he makes mistakes, and we know of a few very high profile incidents. He is under the most pressure he has faced since '94 and it is showing

The last time he faced pressure like this was 2000, and he handled it fine. If he could do it then, he can do it now can't he? He laid that "poor under pressure" ghost to rest 3 years ago.

I think he's just not as motivated now as he was back then. Now that he's won 3 WDCs for Ferrari, I don't think he could face the prospect of helping rebuild the team again. Just ask Mika Hakkinen.