Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:16 (Ref:701647)   #26
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey most people know who I am, and I do not hide.
As for breaking news, it is very rarely these days you first read it from me.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:23 (Ref:701659)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Sorry VeeEightFan - you are wrong in the case of Woolworths - they are not too concerned with Aldi - in particular in Melbourne over the past few months, since Aldi has started opening, Woolworths sales in areas Aldi have opened, have actually gone up.

However, it has been proven that Coles shelf prices have risen since they started their 4c off deal - the same has not happened at Woolworths.
Ah but you are missing the fun part.

Coles is currently beating key suppliers around the head looking for products who are category leaders to help fund the 4 cent fuel discount. Seriously good fun.. NOT!!

In return for assistance, the suppliers are being offered off-location merchandising (like a tower of cans at aisle ends). The fun part is that they are asking so many people to help that there arent enough aisle ends in the store to accomodate them, so the impact in sales of these ends is substantially less than it could be, and doesnt cover the cost of the contribution.

The buggas are getting the money twice, from the consumer and from the manufacturer!!!
Old 28 Aug 2003, 14:56 (Ref:701890)   #28
Wheels
Rookie

Australia
NSW South Coast
Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a team has an advantage, and chooses not to use it for immediate gain, who are we to judge?
We end up winning in the end.
Go the people ho have taken a punt on new technology.
Go the people who would have a say.
Go the people who want to see their sport flourish.
And what the f#%k is it with that people think that because they have
experience with something/anything that they are better than anybody else?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:35 (Ref:703781)   #29
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So let me get the Super Cheap Auto Racing caper right.

1. Super Cheap has pulled their sponsorship on Ellery effective end of 2003?

2. Super Cheap are linked to DJR for 2004?

Now, seriously, where does this leave the licence, where does this leave Ellery and where does it leave Youldon. In the recent future where does it leave the team for the rest of the season?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:41 (Ref:703784)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understood the SuperCheap dosh was on its way to CPR, and that DJR as opposed to Shell Helix Racing was the procurer of the team,franchise, car, truck etc...

But as ever I may be wrong
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:51 (Ref:703786)   #31
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What driver at CPR for the Supercheap ticket ?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:53 (Ref:703787)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The CPR deal was offered to Murf, who turned it down. They are looking for a headline driver... the younger driver of car #2 was mentioned but that remains to be seen
Old 31 Aug 2003, 07:47 (Ref:703840)   #33
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ellery at DJR for '04, perhaps?

Drove very well with Radisich in 1999 at Bathurst and IIRC, didn't put a wheel wrong.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:35 (Ref:703922)   #34
Archer
Veteran

Now it all falls into place...

Younger #2 enduro driver, as much as it has been speculated all year about his wheelings and dealings with LP, I see it as the original odd couple, talk about two guys from different walks. If it happens a bust up wouldnt be far behind it. No wonder other alternatives are being sought for the, Im going to say it...

Perkins Motorsport Super Cheap VY Commodore!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:41 (Ref:703923)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It was always Mr Nash doing the wheelings and dealings, Mr Longhurst was merely a commodity, in the same vein as sugar, coffee or frozen concentrated orange juice.

Last edited by GTRMagic; 31 Aug 2003 at 10:42.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:46 (Ref:703927)   #36
Archer
Veteran

Nicely Put, thats kinda what I ment.

But GTR, If LP was gonna use Nash's licence to run the third car... would that not leave FPR a licence short, or do they have someone elses licence in line for the third car in '04?

Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:21 (Ref:704276)   #37
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless Rod Nash has an identical Twin, a photo taken of some of the CPR guys at one round earlier this year, appears to have a Rod Nash Lookalike in CPR uniform in it ???

Not sure why or how but it looks like him, Ill try and find that photo.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 22:34 (Ref:704335)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FPR will be a licence short, but there are a few available. It seems FPR is hankering after another L1 franchise... but those are scarce, unless the chequebook is generous
Old 31 Aug 2003, 22:57 (Ref:704344)   #39
sevi
Veteran

Rod has been working with the team for most of the year I think, not sure how many meetings he has been at.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 23:11 (Ref:704356)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
All the ones I have been at... running the Perkins Motorsport and separate Castrol Perkins Racing merchandise operations, amongst others
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:19 (Ref:704512)   #41
Mattracer
Veteran

Ahh, it was him running the Castrol Perkins merchandis trailers- I knew I'd seen him somewhere before. How come CAT was selling their garb from the other end of the same trailer, and why doesn't anyone else now do that instead of CAT to save costs in selling stuff??

Old 1 Sep 2003, 08:51 (Ref:704601)   #42
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CAT and the Castrol stuff both come from the same company- Colorcorp, the folks who do all of the beer merchandise and bundy rum etc.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 14:32 (Ref:709199)   #43
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Was at QR today and asked Steve what was going on. He said that the team will run till the end of year and no deals of any kind have been done yet. Also said he was optimistic that Super Cheap would climb aboard again. Whether he had to say that or not it came from his lips. Sounds like the teams not sold yet.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 10:27 (Ref:710673)   #44
TheMan
Racer

Just seing if a dead thread can actually gain momentum again. Does anyone have anymore news on the so called merger?
Old 7 Sep 2003, 10:52 (Ref:710693)   #45
Gudgeon
Rookie

Gudgeon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob Thorne is the CEo of Supercheap
One would have thought that Supercheaps success in the market was somehow attached to the great job that they have had with Steve Ellery in getting them great TV
Pity they are not interested in keeping their word with Sreve Ellerry who has given them a great result over the last few seasons
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:04 (Ref:711271)   #46
TheMan
Racer

I hope that Super Cheap do stay with the team. From what I understand SER are confident of keeping them. Would be a shame to see Aus`s best single car team lost.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 03:42 (Ref:711352)   #47
Mattracer
Veteran

LRT would genuinely lay claim to that title and they have in McConville an as yet unrealised talent.

Old 8 Sep 2003, 06:01 (Ref:711387)   #48
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Tool Man
Please dont post without having first sighted press releases.

You have no idea the trouble (legally and business / contract wise ) some posts have caused with some teams , drivers or sponors and you dont quite know just who is reading what???
This never seems to be a problem in other forums, in the press or on TV. It's usually called "The Silly Seasons" where pit paddock rumors abound. What's so different about this scuttlebut?
Old 8 Sep 2003, 06:35 (Ref:711406)   #49
TheMan
Racer

McConville is a great talent, But certainly not unrealised. He has been around for a long time in various categories. As with the best team SER wins hands down.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 06:37 (Ref:711410)   #50
sevi
Veteran

Silly season, it never stopped this year, did it?