Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:929694)   #26
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from what i understand it is being transformed to run in sports sedan is owned by someone involved in south east geraldton transport ( i think). i will find out more soon
nd try to get a copy of the logbook if the information is correct.

and we do also have a les small commodore for sale in WA it has been in AA for a coupla weeks now. It is a quick car too looks nice and well presented.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:01 (Ref:930188)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
For a brief few weeks some years back, there were a pair of AU Falcons here too
One of these 2 cars (in Ozemail colours) is sitting in the bar at One World Sport in Parramatta.... while the other is for sale in AA right now...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:53 (Ref:930244)   #28
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F|sh- that WA Group A car has been purchased by a QLDer, and will probably be run in its current spec as a Sports Sedan before getting the Group A treatment.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 02:21 (Ref:930426)   #29
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I remember rightly, GTR, one of them is an ex-Longhurst car?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 02:34 (Ref:930433)   #30
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray Hislop sold his ex Seton car to some one in Vic, The EB GT he runs as a 3J club car is not an old Supercar but pretty dam close
He still has Ex Les Small built Falcon Shell that has never been raced

Gary Cannan's VS is EX Price Attack VP with Larry Slide motor, He runs it as a Sports Sedan(but in full trim) when there is enough running here in Tassie

Garry Rogers still has the 2000 Bathurst winning car, He had a run in the car at Baskerville a couple of weeks ago.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 06:24 (Ref:930566)   #31
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Group'C'
Ray Hislop sold his ex Seton car to some one in Vic, The EB GT he runs as a 3J club car is not an old Supercar but pretty dam close
He still has Ex Les Small built Falcon Shell that has never been raced

Gary Cannan's VS is EX Price Attack VP with Larry Slide motor, He runs it as a Sports Sedan(but in full trim) when there is enough running here in Tassie

Garry Rogers still has the 2000 Bathurst winning car, He had a run in the car at Baskerville a couple of weeks ago.
i was told hislop ran the EF at baskerville in the 4 hour.
i wasn't there but i do remember he was going to sell it.
was probably the EB GT he ran tho.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 06:36 (Ref:930570)   #32
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guy called David Bruce bought the EF of Hislop i recall to run it in 2001 konica series but couldnt ind the money to run it
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:32 (Ref:931364)   #33
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1st Graphic Skills Racing VS was built at the beginning of 97 by Kevin Heffernan as a VR. It was sold in 99 to Graphic Skills Racing and was heavily damaged in a collision at Bathurst. I think it was originally thought a write off but was later rebuilt with Tim Sipp racing it at Bathurst in 2001.

To replace it a second VS was purchased. This had been built by Wally Storey as a VP for Bob Forbes Racing and was 1st raced by Neil Crompton in 93. It was included in the sale of the team to Wayne Gardner Racing in 94 and Crompton drove it in the 94 ATCC season with Win Percy and Russell Ingall driving it in the enduros. It was converted to VR specs in early 95 before being replaced mid season.

In 96 it was sold to Pinnacle Motorsport, but never raced by them all though it was used for the Hoosier tyre development a few times at the end of 96 at Lakeside with Tomas Mezera driving. For 97 it was sold to John Trimble and the driving shared between Trimble an Mezera. It was destroyed after being rolled the Caltex Chase by Mezera at Bathurst that year, but was rebuilt in 2000 by Graphic Skills Racing and raced in 2000 and 2001 in the Konica series by Wakefield.

David Bruce from Victoria had a website a few years ago and the ex Hislop EF was pictured on it at his workshop, still in Glenn Seton Racing livery.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:28 (Ref:932273)   #34
Noonz1
Rookie

Noonz1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI all, in answer to some of the questions put up here
Group C - the Bottle Magic was the second car built by Pinnacle Motorsport but never raced - it was sold off to Trimbole and then rolled by Tomas at Bathurst 97 - rebirthed and became the Skillender/Wakefield VS.
The Diet Coke car you ask of was shunted by Morris in a testing shuint pre Bathurst in 94 and was eventually repaired, re-appearing with Peter Field and Shane Howison at Bathurst 99-0 Field and Howison drove it in Konica for a year or 3 and then it disappeared.
Bartman - I thihnk the Hislop EF is the one racing in the Vic State Series with Rod SMith diriving - can anyone tell me if that'd true?
The Cannan car is a Supercar which I would have to dig thru my notes to remember which one it is..
Fish - can u tellme bout the DJR EL in Gerladton?
Just Do It - Is that the VP Ed Lamont owns? It's an ex Brock Advantage Racing Mobil car if thats the case. There's a new V8 in NZ now - the first VT built by HRT is now converted to VY with a 6 litre engine and is owned by Greg Murphy Racing to use as an NZ ride car for its supporters club - it was sourced from Paul Morris Motorsport.
GTR - which AUs are you talking about?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:13 (Ref:932332)   #35
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nonz i think that we also have the group C sista car to moffats RX-7 im not sure though be best to talk to chris mckenzie about that one. i'll find out soon.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:46 (Ref:932417)   #36
Arai GP5
Racer

Arai GP5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Milton Seferis (#14) runs a White VS Commodore Supercar in Sports Sedans, and raced it at round 1 of the Vic Series at Mallala. I've forgotten where it came from, though!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 04:44 (Ref:933008)   #37
just a racer
Racer

just a racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rod Smith's EL was ran in Konica by Charles Ryman I believe.
Milton's VS is the 05 Brock car know as "Beth".
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:18 (Ref:933012)   #38
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry Wyhoon had an ex DJR EL (Bowes last at DJR from memory)he bought it from Rod Salmon in 2002 and was selling it with everything else earlier this year. It wouldn't be the same one as in geralton would it? Don't know who bought it if anybody yet?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:57 (Ref:933028)   #39
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
nope no one has bought the EL and it was the last campaigned br Dick Johnson
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:18 (Ref:933270)   #40
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car in Geraldton has never raced. It was the first car DJR built after the end of the Sierras. It has the reputation of being the most expensive show car ever it was initially an ea built as an eb. It was never allowed to race as it broke nearly every rule and has only ever turned a few laps at Bathurst. It apparently had an engine plate and a few other tricks that made it more like a nascar than a supercar. Then its life as a showcar began being updated as time went by to ef and el panelwork.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:52 (Ref:933310)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The original BJR ex-Longhurst Falcon now resides in the 2nd level of OneWorldSport Parramatta NSW. If you noticed the BJR cars at EC, they had additional backing from Mr Salmon's business venture
Old 8 Apr 2004, 04:11 (Ref:934016)   #42
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What ever happened to the Moffat /Cenovis EB ?
Old 8 Apr 2004, 04:41 (Ref:934026)   #43
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Allan Heath bought it and it was rebodied, then trashed in the big Forrest's Elbow shunt in 1998.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 06:21 (Ref:934054)   #44
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
then rebuilt for a tafe project for Ross Haliiday
Old 9 Apr 2004, 02:15 (Ref:934906)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not quite Supercar, but I was wondering about the lineage of the various Jaguar XJS cars John Goss ran at Bathurst from 1980 to 1986....

People close to that team suggest that there was only one shell in use for the entire time, while more recent publications suggest the shell for 1986 was a TWR shell, and that TW took it back, flogged it off in Europe as Martin Brundle's race winner....
Old 9 Apr 2004, 10:51 (Ref:935118)   #46
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the 86 car was a TWR shell that Big Tom then reposessed, then why is the car that Gossy still has in his shed in Citibank colours?

EDIT: Martin Brundle's race winner? Which race was that?

Last edited by William Dale Jr; 9 Apr 2004 at 10:52.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 11:07 (Ref:935132)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I dont get it either, Mr Goss still has his 1986 car, which he says is the same shell run in all those races....

Thats not to say that there wasnt a level of preparation help though

And Martin Brundle used to drive for TWR Jaguar in Europe
Old 9 Apr 2004, 11:15 (Ref:935139)   #48
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are the Bathurst race winning cars today from 93 to 99? If so what condition are they in etc.??
Old 9 Apr 2004, 13:00 (Ref:935185)   #49
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 94 Johnson/Bowe EB Falcon and the 96 Lowndes/Murphy VR Commodore were written off in accidents later in their racing life. IIRC, the remains of both cars sit in their team's respective workshops for restoration to their former glory.

Did Garry Rogers sell the 2000 winner, or does he still have it?
Old 9 Apr 2004, 13:09 (Ref:935191)   #50
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GRM 2000 bathurst winner is in their workshop as a display car only.