Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1020252)   #26
graham blackwell
Rookie

graham blackwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm running 1.5 degree -ve camber, and around 3.5 degree caster on the front, with 1.5 degrees -camber on the rear axle. I was already running radial road tyres, and she handles like a dream, so as I'm sticking with radial race tyres I should think that they'd give me pretty much the same characteristics.

The Fiesta weighs approx 730Kg with the new wheels/tyres fitted, and the distribution is 63:37 split front:rear with 50:50 left right.

AVONS were another £150 and I really couldn't quite stretch to that price. These should do the trick.

Fitted to these

Which saves 18Kg's over the Yokohama A032Rs and the Compomotives I was running at Aintree on Saturday (cos it rained and rained and rained, nearly all day too)

Finished 1st in class and 37th overall out of 129 starters though, so wasn't a complete washout 8)
Old 29 Jun 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1020485)   #27
listernoble
Racer

United Kingdom
Norfolk UK
listernoble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, and I hope they work out OK at Shelsley,which is a challenging and interesting hill.
Any time lost before the Esses cannot be made up afterwards,so you need to go through Kennel and Crossing smooth and fast.
Good luck,and I hope you do well!
Lister
Old 29 Jun 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1020694)   #28
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky
Crossplys for historics
Amen to that.

When I was racing in FIA Historic GT we had to run Dunlop L or M section CR65's. I loved them either in the dry or wet. They just suited the cars and looked right on the cars too. The club series I also raced in started off with these tyres and everyone was quite happy for a lot of years, but a certain section of drivers wanted to run modern grippy radials and would constantly try to push through new tyre regs each year. We were racing historic cars, if you want to run slick or semi slick tyres go race something modern. Eventually they forced through a second tyre, the Avon ZZ. Slightly off topic, sorry, but I whole heartedly believe that historics should run the tyres as they did in period, as long as they are available that is. A small rant, but at the time it really annoyed me, still does I 'spose.