Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2004, 08:04 (Ref:956516)   #26
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Nice to see Luca upholding an old tradition.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 08:07 (Ref:956522)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry double post

Last edited by climb; 30 Apr 2004 at 08:07.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 08:07 (Ref:956523)   #28
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem of Ferrari quitting is that no other series could afford such an approach.
fancy that?
Ferrari purchasing a Lola chassis to run in OWRS, or a Dallara one at Indy500.
They're are the only 100% car constructor, and F1 is where they actually belong, without altering deeply their level of commitment in open wheel racing.Only real alternatives? Lemans or DTM, but the first is just one important race per year, the second is a national championship..nah it couldn't work.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 10:28 (Ref:956649)   #29
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
If Ferrari quit F1, me an millions of others, who are sick and tired always seeing same car and driver winning over and over again, will come back to watch F1 again.
Hmm.

So, either you're nine, or you felt the same way in the days that Williams dominated, and just the same in the days that McLaren dominated. Right?
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:05 (Ref:956769)   #30
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idle threat. Ferrari exist for F1.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:07 (Ref:956777)   #31
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first Ferrari was a F1 GP car, so by that note F1 helped create Ferrari!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:18 (Ref:956801)   #32
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
and vice versa, my friend

Last edited by climb; 30 Apr 2004 at 12:18.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 13:07 (Ref:956899)   #33
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually the first Ferrari existed long before F1. The Alfa bimotore (in 1928) was the first one.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 13:42 (Ref:956924)   #34
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first Ferrari was built after WW2, a car called the Ferrari 125...
The car first raced at an event in Piacenza in May 1947.
Before that they just used old Alfa cars...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 30 Apr 2004 at 13:44.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 13:47 (Ref:956930)   #35
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i very much doubt they would see through the threat
Old 30 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:956941)   #36
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
The first Ferrari was built after WW2, a car called the Ferrari 125...
The car first raced at an event in Piacenza in May 1947.
Before that they just used old Alfa cars...
Right ASCII, thank-you for citing my hometown
Old 30 Apr 2004, 14:24 (Ref:956965)   #37
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Ascii-dude, the first car that is considered a Ferrari, was indeed an Alfa. But you, of course, know that Alfa's sporting division was Ferrari actually. Alfa had no business in it. The first Ferrari, I mean the first car that had the prancing horse painted on it, was that Bimotore I was talking about. (mind you, it first raced on July 10, my birthday )

PS: By the way, that '47 car was not technically a Ferrari, since Alfa and Enzo agreed that Ferrari will not build cars till 1950.

PPS: Oh yes, the Bimotore also won that day.

Last edited by Red; 30 Apr 2004 at 14:25.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 17:11 (Ref:957131)   #38
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitstop
Guess you are not watching F1 just now then 429CJ?
Not after last years Indy, after they penalised Montoya wrongly.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 30 Apr 2004, 18:09 (Ref:957182)   #39
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Ascii-dude, the first car that is considered a Ferrari, was indeed an Alfa. But you, of course, know that Alfa's sporting division was Ferrari actually. Alfa had no business in it. The first Ferrari, I mean the first car that had the prancing horse painted on it, was that Bimotore I was talking about. (mind you, it first raced on July 10, my birthday )

PS: By the way, that '47 car was not technically a Ferrari, since Alfa and Enzo agreed that Ferrari will not build cars till 1950.

PPS: Oh yes, the Bimotore also won that day.

Yeah yeah yeah, you're right Red... again...
Old 1 May 2004, 01:52 (Ref:957526)   #40
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
They won't leave. commercially they would lose too much. as for the GPWC. they will never be able to agree on anything. F1 run by the manufacturers is a joke. They'd all be trying on the 'unfair advantage'and no one would be prepared to be last on the grid. (Maybe they'd allow 'select' private entrants.
This is about power and money, manipulation and control. One side trying to gain leverage. Nothing else
Old 1 May 2004, 02:03 (Ref:957529)   #41
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Meroo
Idle threat. Ferrari exist for F1.
some would say that f1 exists for ferrari...
Old 1 May 2004, 11:58 (Ref:957766)   #42
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
know that Alfa's sporting division was Ferrari actually.
So Ferrari=F1. Hence if they left, F1 may crumble.

Last edited by DriverT; 1 May 2004 at 11:59.
Old 1 May 2004, 13:52 (Ref:957848)   #43
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Sure.

But it won't happen, like it didn't happen 20 years ago. Max is flexing his muscles, manufacturers are showing their teeths, but I'm fairly confident that they'll come to their senses.

PS: I do believe that manufacturers teeths are harder than Max' muscles though..
Old 2 May 2004, 05:21 (Ref:958369)   #44
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an Oxymoron.. does Ferrari leave and Kill F1, or does F1 die because Ferrari kills it???

"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 May 2004, 12:41 (Ref:958574)   #45
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari to quit f1? I think it would be great for the sport. Now dont get me wrong, like what ferrari have achieved in engineering and design is amazing complete new standards set, my god all you have to do is take alook at there reliabilty......wow. My thinking behind this is this whole bloody thing of the team being buildt around one driver i think its just so so boring and it goes on and on and on oh...zzzzzzzz.....wake me up when its over!!. Take a few steps up the pit lane and you have mclaren look at there driver line up for next season montoya and kimi and no team orders we the fans of f1 are in for a treat watching this one work its way out yee haa!. It looks like williams will have an all new driver line up for next season and with williams being williams it will be a case of may the best driver win. Back to ferrari and next season what will we have....just the same old business as usual or here is an idea i hear that villeneuve is looking to return to f1 why dont ferrari sign him and let him go head to head with michael like how many f1 fans around this planet would love to see that happen. As i say i think ferrari quitting f1 would be good for the sport and if you are going to quit could you please quit at the end of this season cause i dont think i could take another year of michael is brilliant, michael is brilliant.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 2 May 2004, 13:45 (Ref:958603)   #46
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by pole2pole
Ferrari to quit f1? I think it would be great for the sport.
irregardless of the fact that ferrari has pretty much dominated over the past few years, the sport if anything is cyclical and they won't be atop the heap forever.....others will raise their game.....but as it being great for the sport, i don't think so....if anything it would hurt the sport of f1......ferrari is a major draw to even the casual fan......
Old 2 May 2004, 16:07 (Ref:958679)   #47
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
irregardless of the fact that ferrari has pretty much dominated over the past few years, the sport if anything is cyclical and they won't be atop the heap forever.....others will raise their game.....but as it being great for the sport, i don't think so....if anything it would hurt the sport of f1......ferrari is a major draw to even the casual fan......
You ARE joking?? Ferrari has decimated the "sport" of F1. Until they stop dominating F1, and fans stop turning away and stampeeding from the tracks and turning off watching the races, the sport is DEAD.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 May 2004, 16:14 (Ref:958683)   #48
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know alot of people love to see ferrari in fact they are a household name like walk up to most people on a street and ask them to name one team in f1 and its pretty much certain that they will say ferrari. When i say great for the sport if they quit i mean that ferrari are so good and so far ahead and have been for sometime that what i think is required is another driver in along michael to give him a run for his money.
Old 2 May 2004, 16:37 (Ref:958696)   #49
Mags
Veteran

It's not JUST Michael; it's the combination of the $$ and him and the fact that no one can touch him. Sure people say F1 - Ferrari. Good for them. 4 YEARS ago...But TV veiwership has plummeted.. attendance has died. There is an element in auto racing you need, and that is RACING. It isn't there anymore in F1. You need a Prost and Senna. In a way, when Mika left, that was IT. We all hoped when Juan came it would help, but his car just didn't do it. And no one in his right mind would join Ferrari knowing they couldn't race Michael.`Ferrari won't allow it. It's a crying shame, and I wait for the day F1 goes back to truly being the best racing around. Until then, I'll enjoy the GT class at ALMS, because I'll tell you what, THAT is where it's at right now.
Old 2 May 2004, 16:59 (Ref:958713)   #50
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not difficult to see where this thread is heading.