Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2004, 15:33 (Ref:981444)   #26
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because when MS is not in it someone else can win. Really, if he hadn't crashed, he would've probably gone to win the next 12...
Old 24 May 2004, 15:36 (Ref:981449)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
11 maybe, he wouldn't have won Monaco
Old 24 May 2004, 15:36 (Ref:981452)   #28
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he crashed, but that's not really a solid proof that he's not going to win the next 12..
Old 24 May 2004, 15:40 (Ref:981456)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Your proberbly right, maybe Jordi should have said, if he hadn't crashed, he would've probably gone to win the next 13...
Old 24 May 2004, 18:49 (Ref:981694)   #30
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 needs MS. I think alot of people seem to think that Michael can never be beaten like ok i can understand where they are coming from after the first 5 races this season which where completely red washed by ferrari and also the added advantage of michael having a team mate working for him. But he can be beaten and i want to see it
Old 24 May 2004, 19:09 (Ref:981720)   #31
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V

F1 has lost it's appeal since the dominance of Ferrari in 2000, thats not Michaels fault, it's up to the other teams to get onto a par with Ferrari.
I dont quite agree with this. McLaren totally dominated 1988 and 1989 yet both were probably the best seasons of the 80s. As I said earlier, winning is not everything, its how you win that matters. Ferrari management lost sight of the big picture and although they are winning, its not really exciting the fans anymore.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:05 (Ref:981837)   #32
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ok . a question for the F1 doesn;t need Schu .. does F1 need a reincarneted Senna ??.. just imagine .. Senna . in a Ferrari .. what would you say .. no F1 doesn't need Senna .. .what?? Senna crashed .. now thats why I watch F1 .. to quote some guys . ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 May 2004, 21:08 (Ref:981842)   #33
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(without reading the rest of this thread)

RTL need Schuamcher.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:10 (Ref:981846)   #34
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forgot ., you may replace Senna with whatever past multi WDC hero you may have ..

Last edited by Dani Filth; 24 May 2004 at 21:11.

Ciao Marco
Old 24 May 2004, 23:32 (Ref:981996)   #35
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every series, every sport, and every generation needs a star, and right now, Michael is it.

I for one, am glad to be around to witness his accomplishments.

Danica Patrick
Old 25 May 2004, 02:07 (Ref:982088)   #36
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AGAIN we see the BS of the teammate "work for him"...? Evidence? in which race of 2004 had Rubens "worked" for MS's win?
Old 25 May 2004, 02:09 (Ref:982091)   #37
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes GPracer and Dani, i agree with you...how much F1 needs MS or not is the same as how much F1 need the other greats of the past..

Sure, without MS, F1 won't die. Just like F1 didn't die with Stewart retiring, or the death of Senna/Gilles etc. But 10 years down the road, the glamour and history of F1 would be poorer without these super-drivers and the quality they contributed to F1.
Old 25 May 2004, 02:20 (Ref:982096)   #38
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Well, F1 did not need Schumacher. However, now, F1 does need a couple more of him.
Now that would be great, 20 MS clones in a race. Mouthwatering.
Old 25 May 2004, 03:03 (Ref:982122)   #39
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No F1 doesn't need Michael, but thank God he is there!
Old 25 May 2004, 03:47 (Ref:982136)   #40
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 doesn't need shuey
In fact there are extemely good areguments for banning him just to imrove f1 in general.Of course this should never happen,lol
What's needed is for someone to properly and legitimately challenge him before he retires
Old 25 May 2004, 05:32 (Ref:982168)   #41
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not an MS fan but I think that question is just similar to this "Does F1 needs Ferrari?"....I said this because I think Montoya in a Ferrari could have done good as well.....it makes a little difference.

Last edited by 300kph; 25 May 2004 at 05:33.
Old 25 May 2004, 06:09 (Ref:982188)   #42
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes F1 does most surely need TGF. Look how mad he was when you see him bang somethin in the back of the garage - for christ sake he has won 5 out of 6 races and thats the most frustrated I've seen him for AGES. He is obsessed with numbers now, all he wants is to get them out of everyones reach foever....well, obsessed with numbers he may be, but he MUST be beaten before he retires. And, I have a gut feelin, he will finally call it a day this year after taking another title (doesn't really sound like an achievement like it was 4-5 years ago for a driver now does it....), and thus, NO ONE Will ever beat him to a championship, leaving Mika Hakkinen the only driver ever to beat him in a straight fight, in 1998. Which must make Mika pretty special indeed, TGF himself never stopped saying over the years how he always regarded Mika as his best challenger..

TGF must race in 2005, so that one of these young guns can nail him, I am hoping it will be Kimi.
Old 25 May 2004, 14:22 (Ref:982580)   #43
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, F1 does not need him and in fact has not needed him for the past three years.

F1 needs competition. For one reason or another, there is no competition in F1 in any race which he drives. I'm tired of seeing him jump, I'm tired of hearing the same two boring anthems, I'm tired of hearing him try to pretend that what we just saw was 'exciting' and pretending he worked hard in the race ... I enjoyed the Monaco race because he was never a factor in it, and it was wonderful to see two new faces happily atop the podium.

P.S. I was not impressed with Rubens' lame attempt in the press conference to (1) justify his dismal showing and (2) cover his teammate's narrow German
Old 25 May 2004, 14:51 (Ref:982611)   #44
Mr V
Veteran

England
But Liz, everything you post about him is purely because of your dislike for the man, not based on his driving abilities.
Old 25 May 2004, 14:51 (Ref:982614)   #45
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
... I enjoyed the Monaco race because he was never a factor in it
I guess you must have been looking the other way in Schumi-denial when he was putting in that sequence of quali-pace laps before his first stop.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:01 (Ref:982630)   #46
freud
Veteran

Quote:
But Liz, everything you post about him is purely because of your dislike for the man, not based on his driving abilities.
What?? driving abilities... against whom?? Against a JPM/Ralf/DC/Kimi/Trulli/Button sitting in inferior cars?? Can you imagine a JPM or a KIMI or a Button or let alone a #%%$ B-clas driver like Ralf/DC driving alongwith MS in exactly the same machinery with same support?? Can you imagine what TGF would do then?? Thats a pity as you cant even imagine him drive with a competitive teammate. He's so scared he wouldnt even think about doing it.

In motorsport you can only do what your car allows you to. And his real competition i.e. his teammate is a contractual lapdog, a servant. Why's Barrichello doing this because had it not been him than someone else.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:08 (Ref:982636)   #47
Mr V
Veteran

England
Freud, whilst i agree with you that it would be awesome to see a JPM or a Jenson, Kimi, Fernando etc drive alongside Michael (it's never happened before and won't in the future - no disrept to his team-mates), you can't take away Michaels ability, which is what i was talking about.

F1 doesn't need Michael, it doesn't need Juan Pablo, Ayrton, Alain, Nigel, Nelson, Gilles Jacques, Damon, Graham etc etc, F1 is bigger than any one man, but Liz's reasons for why F1 doesn't need Michael is down to pure dislike for the guy, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:18 (Ref:982646)   #48
Gt_R
Veteran

Sigh..some guys can go on deceiving themselves and question MS's abilities..it won't take away the fact he's great nor take away the awe from people who witness it.

Yeah..MS's scared, MS would pee in his pants, probably dive under the nearest bed he find... MS had managed to smoke his way through a decade of F1, took 6 championship and 75 wins without the Intelligence Police noticing... whatever, fellas..as long as it makes your lives better.

LOL I'm sure he's really worried now...how his immediate rivals are so far away...behind him.

I'm not one who loves to gloat at other's misfortunes, nor flaunt results...but hey..somebody's gotta stick that finger up and wave it

Last edited by Gt_R; 25 May 2004 at 15:21.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:27 (Ref:982660)   #49
freud
Veteran

Quote:

F1 doesn't need Michael, it doesn't need Juan Pablo, Ayrton, Alain, Nigel, Nelson, Gilles Jacques, Damon, Graham etc etc, F1 is bigger than any one man, but Liz's reasons for why F1 doesn't need Michael is down to pure dislike for the guy, nothing more, nothing less.
Does anyone really like him??

I bet some do... But, in the big picture, its not about likability. Its about the sport itself, its about motor-racing, competition and humility. Is about being a well-deserved champion and a great 'racer'. When we look at the history of f1 we see drivers dying on track striving so hard for one elusive win. To win in f1 should be a priveledge and an honor. Recently it seem to have become a game of poker being played by a gang of thugs.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:982663)   #50
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who cares if no one likes him, that won't stop him anyway