Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2004, 18:03 (Ref:984194)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah... Patrese tested the 96 WIlliams when he was 40 something... doesnt mean he is going to return!!!

i think Mika generally has lost motivation in f1 and i cant see him coming back...
Old 26 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:984210)   #27
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I know this is radical, but I'm going to beleive Mika when he says he doesn't want to come back.

I here Damon has no interest in making a comeback - he is surely the next to be linked.
What about Nigel Mansell? Did he ever actually formally retire?
Old 26 May 2004, 19:32 (Ref:984277)   #28
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I AM investigating it; I have a vested interest, remember?

Edit: This is really surreal you know. I think all my "00th" (100, 200, 300 etc...) posts have been about Mika

Last edited by Suzy; 26 May 2004 at 19:34.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:09 (Ref:984327)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as have the other 792
Old 26 May 2004, 20:14 (Ref:984337)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Nah... Patrese tested the 96 WIlliams when he was 40 something... doesnt mean he is going to return!!!

i think Mika generally has lost motivation in f1 and i cant see him coming back...
And Patrese was still fast too! His time in bad conditions would have put him on the 3rd row for the British Gp earlier that year.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:17 (Ref:984347)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DriverT
What about Nigel Mansell? Did he ever actually formally retire?
No he didn't. I hear he is on the C-list and may test if they can make a seat big enough to fit him.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:25 (Ref:984359)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
I think Mika has a strong possibility of returning. Why? Most drivers move on to business activities, other interests, challenges, etc. and they are usually fairly content without F1. Mika though is not one of the brightest bulbs around and I think he'll be back racing in some capacity because that's all he knows.

I didn't know Mika still had a contract with Mclaren. I know he had a ambassador job with Mercedes but thats all.

I hope he finally figured out how to hook the phone up in his Monaco apartment
Old 26 May 2004, 20:29 (Ref:984365)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Lauda made a comeback after a similar length of time out.......you never know. But unlikely is my guess, as I say.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:37 (Ref:984372)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will wait for Suzy's investigation... I know she'll have something for us !
Old 26 May 2004, 21:13 (Ref:984412)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by mountainstar
No he didn't. I hear he is on the C-list and may test if they can make a seat big enough to fit him.
@rse or ego?
Old 27 May 2004, 02:10 (Ref:984610)   #36
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
(with only Hugo for company)
What happened to Erja? did I miss something?
Old 27 May 2004, 06:29 (Ref:984715)   #37
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mountainstar
Quick, someone tell Ron Dennis! Oops...
Old 27 May 2004, 08:12 (Ref:984793)   #38
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

As expected, Suzy's been on the case.

According to one of Mika's friends (yes, I do know who but I won't name him), "If Williams had a fishing team, I suppose he might consider joining that, but I don't think we need to worry too much about him in Formula 1 again."
Old 27 May 2004, 09:57 (Ref:984893)   #39
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

And the 10-minute edit rule means I have to double-post to say that Keke is now stirring things up a bit by saying "I've heard that Mika is planning a comeback to F1."

Of course he could just be referring to the fact that he's heard all the rumours.
Old 27 May 2004, 10:34 (Ref:984929)   #40
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck , I tested for Williams last week.But when I asked where the groceries go, they showed me the door...

Old 27 May 2004, 12:37 (Ref:985047)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mika also did the Mille Miglia retrospective recently too. He came 229th (or something) in a Merc. Great stuff, sounds like he is having fun.
Old 27 May 2004, 12:42 (Ref:985054)   #42
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

He's doing what he wants to do at the moment which is compete in some races where the pressure is not on him to win. He's done the Arctic rally twice and did the Mille Miglia with Erja - very little publicity surrounding either. And he's got some guest appearances with Mika Salo coming up soon in Finland.

Anyway, I reckon Mika's enjoying every minute of these rumours; what better way to promote your appearance in the Finnish Porsche Supercup this weekend?
Old 27 May 2004, 14:42 (Ref:985173)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.

Mika's reasons for retiring for F1 - not wanting to take the risk any more - are just as valid now as they were then.

He's enjoying himself, he got out alive, he won't be back.
Old 27 May 2004, 14:52 (Ref:985189)   #44
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika is not going to drive for Williams. Period. If he decides to make a comeback, he'll be partnering Michael Schumacher at Ferrari.
Old 27 May 2004, 15:16 (Ref:985218)   #45
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

f1-live.com reports... the article is taken from THE SUN and the story is taken from a "sources close to Mika"....

What else do you want to prove that this IS NOT true!!!!
Old 27 May 2004, 15:27 (Ref:985226)   #46
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That "the sources close to Mika" quoted reports from ITV?

Last edited by Red; 27 May 2004 at 15:28.
Old 27 May 2004, 19:50 (Ref:985407)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As many have said, Mika seems to be having great fun in retirement. Why spoil it all by coming back to F1?
Old 28 May 2004, 14:22 (Ref:986320)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Even ITV teletext ran the Sun quotes? so somebody soemwhere wants him to come back?

Quotes are that he has asked for a test drive?

These things always have some element of truth about them even if they ultimately lead to nothing!
Old 30 May 2004, 06:05 (Ref:987782)   #49
Zep
Rookie

Zep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you wanna know how Häkkinen and Salo are doing in Ahvenisto at the moment, this site:
http://www.racingimages.cc/
may provide some english info.

In Ahvenisto Häkkinen has denied the rumours in every interview.