Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 19 Jul 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1040639)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Nazareth can be saved.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1040675)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
The commentators said it was standing room only, but they didn't give a number. Whoever was there though, got a great show!

When I called for tickets to Nazareth, the girl had a tough time finding me any decent seats,(although she finally did) and told me there was more interest this year, than she could ever remember. Figures, its the last year there!
Nazareth should be one of the unique events in the season...

It is a one-mile tri-oval that has very little banking....horsepower is not as permium as handling.....and it usually is a very good race....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1040732)   #28
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I believe Paul Page said 50,000 could be seated in the grandstand. No offense though, he seemed to have extreme difficulty with the English language in general so I am a bit leery of quoting him as his quote may be a misquote - if you get my drift.

The grandstands were pretty full though as the camera actually panned over the entire grandstand several times. Usually during an IRL or OWRS race there are tight shots whenever the lack of a crowd may be evident.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1040739)   #29
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW....

If any of you live in teh Great Lakes area, the Michigan 400 has good prices....I got a mailer Saturday that said $40 tickets are available for it...

Also, at the Milwaukee Mile, the upper rows in the 1st turn seats (excellent seats for that venue) are $25....

Those are great prices for an IRL race....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1040749)   #30
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Nazareth seats went for $50.00 each. If I had ordered them before April 1, they would have been $35.00.

Hey John, I'm getting the feeling your not a Paul Page fan, eh? I wasn't either at first, but he kind of grows on you if you keep watching!

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Jul 2004, 22:54 (Ref:1040828)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very anxious to see how the race at the famed Milwaukee Mile goes. This is a great venue and one of the truly classic one-mile tracks. Nazereth is another. I hope this one can be saved as well. Any open wheel championship needs to have Milwakee, Nazereth and Phoenix on the calender.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 22:59 (Ref:1040834)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed.