Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1106521)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths Peter.

Are you refering to the Radio Five Live Xtra coverage. They had quite a bit of pit-car radio on the coverage. Not Michael as ralf fan says, but plenty. For radio it might even have been a little too much as the commentators had to talk over it to tell us the times!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1106564)   #27
Snapple
Rookie

Snapple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It’s the first time I'll experience the car to pit chatter when watching the action, quite looking forward to the race with all the banter (that’s if they broadcast during racing?) between the drivers and pit wall guys.

I found two short samples on F1gamers,

Uploaded by jpm2
http://www.ktp.at/chri/jpm2/jv%20pit%20radio.mp3
http://www.ktp.at/chri/jpm2/button%20teamradio.mp3
Old 25 Sep 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1106599)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
hehehe.....this pit stuff is great isn't it?

I particularly liked the Zonta pit feed, when James Allen was spouting drivel in full flow, and then the radio came on and shut him up instantly! Great stuff!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1106615)   #29
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love to hear anything from ferrai. Or am i being silly.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1106617)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your being silly
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1106624)   #31
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ofcourse Todt doesnt give orders anymore and Brawn is normally too busy eating bananas.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1106644)   #32
Snapple
Rookie

Snapple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
hehehe.....this pit stuff is great isn't it?

I particularly liked the Zonta pit feed, when James Allen was spouting drivel in full flow, and then the radio came on and shut him up instantly! Great stuff!
I noticed that too ,

then he goes and waffles on about Horlicks, that tasty malted drink that makes you sleep better.

Last edited by Snapple; 25 Sep 2004 at 16:10.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:14 (Ref:1106647)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The director used the feature quite poorly in qualifying. How many times did we need to hear 'save fuel'? Hopefully we'll get more useful and controversial material in the race.

However, as the ITV commentary pointed out, if it becoems a regular feature the teams will be mroe careful of waht they say - expect lots of mysterious code-words to be invented.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1106650)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There isn't that much to talk about in Q. On the quick laps they won't be talking and there is not much to say afterwards.

If it works like previously the teams still give there permission for it to be used and have an over-ride feature. Hence no Michael after he spun (?????).
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1106653)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When was it that Montoya swore over the radio and it got broadcast?
Old 25 Sep 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1106706)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It happened on several occassions, but two that spring to mind are Spa 2002 when Kimi spoilt a Q lap and Malaysia 2002 when he got his penalty for coming together with Michael.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1106724)   #37
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I made the following paragraph comment in another thread:

A note regards the whole being able to hear the pits thing. It might be entertaining, to a point, to hear it; but, in the long-term, I think it is a self-defeating prospect. The teams will just either not use it as much, encode what they are saying - by various means or both. That then means the team are going to be less effective at communication during the race. I can see how some might see this as a positive, and I appreciate those arguments, but I just don't agree. It runs against what feels right to me.

I will leave it that this momment, as my flat mate has just informed me that dinner is ready.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1106796)   #38
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Digital coverage from 2002 was ok, even hearing the drivers doing radio checks on a Friday; " Turn 1........Turn2........3.....4"

And in Barcelona 2001, MS saying " we have been bloody lucky " after passing Hakkinen's dead McLaren.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1106798)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I expected more of the engineers to ask the drivers how the car felt.......that would be interesting to listen to as i don't think you always get a full picture of how the driver feels in the car and slow laps can often go unexplained.

As it was, jenson was the only one and he seemed to go brain dead and not bother explaining it.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1106810)   #40
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every time I used to hear drivers' feedback on the car's balance I used to think I could say more than them on it! I realise they could be being secretive and so on, but it's usually just something like " understeer.....just general understeer really..." !
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1106813)   #41
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to hear the team's talking to the drivers.
I hope it's not a one of.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1106908)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The feedback on the radio on the way in is clearly just a snapshot - they have much longer and accurate debrief discussions.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1106910)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

True KB, but i doubt they spend hours discussing switching the fuel-rich-mixture to "1"!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1106927)   #44
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy

As it was, jenson was the only one and he seemed to go brain dead and not bother explaining it.
He did give the impression that he was running a heavy fuel load.... when he said "the balance was ok considering the fuel load", paraphrased.