Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Apr 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1267294)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To answer my own question, just found these times from the 2004 LMES test days:-

Audi R8 Audi Sport UK 1 39 655
Audi R8 Team Goh 1 40 437
Dome Racing for Holland 1 41 107
DBA Zytek Creation Autosportif 1 41 436
Audi R8 Audi Sport UK 1 41 468
Lister Storm Lister 1 42 169
Pescarolo Pescarolo 1 42 618
Lola MG RML 1 43 037
Nasamax MG Team Nasamax 1 46 233
Zytek Q 45 Team Jota 1 47 511 ()
Ferrari 550 Care Racing 1.49 790
Reynard Noel Del Bello 1 58 083
Ferrari 360 Modena Auto Palace 1 58 414.

A six seconds improvement for the hybrids!
Old 1 Apr 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1267302)   #27
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Pescarolo is going very well. Are there any photos anywhere?
Old 1 Apr 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1267304)   #28
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT
The Pescarolo is going very well. Are there any photos anywhere?
Check earlier in the thread, there are links to more photos.

Old 1 Apr 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1267305)   #29
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks JAG
Old 1 Apr 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1267308)   #30
JAG
Veteran

England
How big can the rear endplates be?

The Pesca's appear very large compared to the Dome.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1267312)   #31
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's 180cm wide, for both LMP675/900 and Hybrids.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1267331)   #32
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like Creation are having serious problems. The oversteer continues to haunt them with the result that the car is graining the rear tyres. They have changed the aeros to a higher downforce setup in the hope that it will cure the problem.

Henri Pescarolo on the other hand will be delighted with the cars performance and will be dreaming of victory in June.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1267397)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
these times from the 2004 LMES test days:-
Audi R8 Audi Sport UK 1 39 655
Audi R8 Team Goh 1 40 437
The Pesca is just behind the last year fastest Audi... in pure speed, I see the Pesca in the lead this year... if reliability is here, could this be THE year ?
Old 1 Apr 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1267431)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
The Pesca is just behind the last year fastest Audi... in pure speed, I see the Pesca in the lead this year... if reliability is here, could this be THE year ?
Wouldn't it just be great to see half a dozen cars, at least, quicker than the Audis.

If they can put on a good show until midnight I'd be happy.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1267443)   #35
JAG
Veteran

England
1:39.786 Works Courage (on medium compound tires according to DSC!)
Old 1 Apr 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1267495)   #36
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pascal, I think you're talking about the wings themselves rather than the endplates.

Wings for P900s and P675s are 180cm wide, with a 40cm chord. P1s and Hybrids are 200cm wide with a 30cm chord.

As for endplates, I don't know - I'd have to go look them up...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 Apr 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1267580)   #37
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any word on who is in the cockpit of either the BMS or JMB Ferraris for this test? I'm not saying that any conclusions could be drawn from that, of course...

I'm also curious whether it can be found out if the JMB car is running the '05 evolutions, and whether they will have them for the season if they don't already.

The helmet being held by the person looking in the JMB Ferrari's window on Infocourse looks a bit like Peter Kox's, but that would be the wrong black Ferrari!

Last edited by cmk; 2 Apr 2005 at 00:17.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 00:34 (Ref:1267587)   #38
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Any word on who is in the cockpit of either the BMS or JMB Ferraris for this test? I'm not saying that any conclusions could be drawn from that, of course...
Ah, idiot that I am, I have found the answer in DSC's updated entry list. The driver lineup in the JMB car is particularly lackluster. The BMS car is a little better, but it seems to be a gentleman's contest in GT1 this year for the most part.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1267636)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
1:39.786 Works Courage (on medium compound tires according to DSC!)
Bullet proof !

Let's see... first row, Pesca-Courage ; second row Zytek-Zytek... still dreaming, he ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
If they can put on a good show until midnight I'd be happy.
I think we've gonna have a race this year... I mean a real race, not an Audi cup...

Last edited by Fab; 2 Apr 2005 at 05:52.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 05:27 (Ref:1267639)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I have news saying that the GNM Saleen did only one lap and was pushed in the lorry... why ? What's happend ?
Old 2 Apr 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1267640)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
More pics on the LMES website... still no lap times though

Oh well, forget it, they display 9 pics (more thumbnails), and 3 are not available !

Last edited by Fab; 2 Apr 2005 at 05:36.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1267654)   #42
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC reports a fairly troubled time for the 24 hour testers!

Pescarolo have lapped quickest, but had a lengthy stop during which the engine was changed.

Creation have done the most laps but are clearly having handling problems. The tyres don't like the improvised high downforce setup either! A two hour stop due to a spike in the oil pressure on right handers. Plus they have had engine/paddle shift related glitches.

RML now have a replacement V8 in the Lola but are still suffering a few glitches.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1267656)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Seems that the only one that could have speed and reliability is still Audi... 'till midnight, said JAG ? I'm afraid so !
Old 2 Apr 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1267660)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Seems that the only one that could have speed and reliability is still Audi... 'till midnight, said JAG ? I'm afraid so !
Well, this is what testing is for, to iron out the problems before racing. But yes, the Audi still looks bulletproof on the issue of reliability. Once again, I expect every race this year to be won and lost in the pits!
Old 2 Apr 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1267672)   #45
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Audi reliability will take the gold at the end.

It's no surprise that the LMP900 cars are really up against a wall in terms of outright pace. The new cars and hybrids have a huge advantage. Creation are really up against it to. They've pulled out all the stop to try and overcome the restrictions, and it seems they are worse for it. But I agree, it will be a very interested Le Mans this year.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1267691)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Yes, Audi reliability will take the gold at the end.

It's no surprise that the LMP900 cars are really up against a wall in terms of outright pace. The new cars and hybrids have a huge advantage. Creation are really up against it to. They've pulled out all the stop to try and overcome the restrictions, and it seems they are worse for it. But I agree, it will be a very interested Le Mans this year.
You're right. I get the impression Creation are in complete disarray! I am really sad for them too. They have made such brave decisions and put in so much time, money and effort to transform the car into a strong reliable package for Le Mans.

Henri and Yves will both be heaving a big sigh of relief! Both cars are quick and performing as well, if not better, than expected.

I'm a little disappointed with the Factory Dome. I expected it to be the quickest hybrid but if Jan had turned up with one of his old S101's he would have been lapping quicker!

Oreca on the other hand will accept that a reliable hybrid/Zytek/DBA will beat them in the LMES races. But the goal is Le Mans and come June, their attention will be set firmly on Champion.

The surprise package at Le Mans could be Team Jota. It all depends on how much weight the factory decide to put behind them after being snubbed themselves!
Old 2 Apr 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1267707)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
All this is puting the Ace in to the Race !

Last edited by Fab; 2 Apr 2005 at 11:33.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1267791)   #48
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I'm a little disappointed with the Factory Dome. I expected it to be the quickest hybrid but if Jan had turned up with one of his old S101's he would have been lapping quicker!
I saw on one of the pictures that one of Jan's engineers was working with the team, representing Dome. They indeed had some issues but likely they will find some more speed.

Also sad news for GNM fans. I heard they left the track already. The car was broken and no spare parts were avaialble.

Last edited by vandijk; 2 Apr 2005 at 11:23.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1267804)   #49
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Also sad news for GNM fans. I heard they left the track already. The car was broken and no spare parts were avaialble.
Very very sad news indeed, Sander... That's odd to come for a long test without spare parts though... our member GNM could give some more informations about what happend... accident ? Engine failure ?
Old 2 Apr 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1267811)   #50
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Creation have done the most laps but are clearly having handling problems. The tyres don't like the improvised high downforce setup either! A two hour stop due to a spike in the oil pressure on right handers. Plus they have had engine/paddle shift related glitches.
More info on the Creation test problem on http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=807&Itemid=2 I really hope they can overcome of these small issues by Spa and especially Le Mans.