Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1296446)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although being in the position to win the Australian Grand Prix owed a bit to a healthy slice of good luck!
Old 9 May 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1296478)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
GF and JT on the front row at Monaco,KR and FA won't get a look in....Or TGF.
Old 9 May 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1296488)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Although being in the position to win the Australian Grand Prix owed a bit to a healthy slice of good luck!
There was indeed the lottery of qualifying in changing conditions, sure - but knowing now what we could not have known then you'd have to agree that the Renault would be the favourite car for the first couple of races. I think it would be grossly unfair to say that Fisi lucked into that win - he drove faultlessly and thoroughly deserved it, even if he was in the best car. Kimi was in the best car this time - was he lucky? Of course not.
Old 9 May 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1296515)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Alonso'e been pretty handy in Monaco last couple years as well though!

Fizi is just facing the best teammate he's ever had that's all! I reckon he'll win aother this year and there are plenty of venue candidates for where it'll happen...if Regie can keep pace up with Mclaren and probably Ferrari, (when it isn't as hot on the track!!) then i reckon Spa will be a good bet for him!
Old 9 May 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1296524)   #30
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312T4
In my opinion and considering all the parts in this puzzle...it is not so impossible.
Webber is under Flavio management.
Flavio doesn't like Fisico but had to take him for this season under big pressure of Renault; but doesn't like him.
Remember what Flavio has done last year with the winning Monaco GP driver...?
This is why I see this a chance that can actually happen.
Not now, but during this season yes.
You seem determined to keep forcing your half baked conspiracy theories about Fisi on us...why are you so pre-occupied with this subject?
Old 9 May 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1296528)   #31
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
He's concerned about it because Fisi has had a problem beyond his own control in 4 straight races. I don't agree its a conspiracy, but I think Renault is not paying enough attention to his car.
Old 9 May 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1296576)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
I think it would be grossly unfair to say that Fisi lucked into that win - he drove faultlessly and thoroughly deserved it, even if he was in the best car.

Absolutely.

He made a perfect job of getting the best possible performance as the circumstances arose.

Thoroughly deserved.
Old 9 May 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1296605)   #33
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
You seem determined to keep forcing your half baked conspiracy theories about Fisi on us...why are you so pre-occupied with this subject?
As always and as everyone I write and express my opinions and accept others ones.
I don't want to see conspiracy at any cost, but even if it is very early to say taht, my feeling is that the team don't pay as much attention in fisico's car as in Alonso's one.
Also we have seen Mclaren flying away from everyone in Imola and Barcellona: Kimi was far faster than Renault as well and I guess it is possible for Flavio to concentrate already the best on Fernando for the driver's championship instead to split the points between the 2 letting other's driver to close the big gap that Alonso has gained in this 5 races.
So I found quite strange the big loss of time that Fisico suffered in the pits after the nose was changed.
He lost many seconds for no reason and was only thanks to his skill that he managed to finished 5th.
Old 9 May 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1296616)   #34
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Jenson going to Williams..... Does anyone feel it may be a simple straight swap for either Mark or Nick ?
Old 9 May 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1296632)   #35
312T4
Racer

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
With Jenson going to Williams..... Does anyone feel it may be a simple straight swap for either Mark or Nick ?
Why not?
Could well be possible!
But in this case I think Nick would stay as is confirming what was expected from him.
Old 9 May 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1296640)   #36
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure why this is cropping up in the Fisi thread - but anyway - I don't think Nick (or Mark for that matter) are going to manage anything to alter the view of Button being a thoroughly desirable commodity for any team. Button is more or less as quick as anyone, has tremendous race-pace and is famously smooth and consistent with it.
Old 9 May 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1296681)   #37
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting point about Magny-Cours - essentially Flavio slammed Jarno for making a mistake and losing 2 points, but at Monza he said nothing about Alonso throwing away 8 points. At all times Flavio is considering how to make his boys (Alonso and Webber) look as good as possible (although Fernando is making that easy this year). Still, he did cheer when GCF passed Webber of all people, so he may have been putting on a front.
Old 10 May 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1297885)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisi
Unfortunately the problems have been concentrated on my car, but that's just bad luck. It's not anyone's fault, it's just bad luck.
Autosport are running a piece on Fisi and his bad luck that contains the above quote. http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=44099&s=5
Old 10 May 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1297899)   #39
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Has anyone heard anything further on what happened to him at Imola?
Old 11 May 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1297937)   #40
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
with Nick maybe; won't see Mark in a Renault as long as Alonso is there.

Makes no sense to have two drivers managed by the same guy under one banner. Lose-lose situation
Old 11 May 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1298084)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Has anyone heard anything further on what happened to him at Imola?
No, everyone is printing conspiracy theories rather than actually finding out what went wrong with Fisi's front wing.

*hopes someone proves me wrong*
Old 11 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1298220)   #42
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Two front wing problems in 5 races. And Renault is being tight lipped about it. Its really quite bizarre.
Old 11 May 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1298348)   #43
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
More on this on the Renault home page:

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/drivers/...ws=tcm:3-35798
Old 11 May 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1298423)   #44
312T4
Racer

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Two front wing problems in 5 races. And Renault is being tight lipped about it. Its really quite bizarre.
Yes, they are not giving any info about it.
To those who insist about forced conspiracy theories:
it is not a metter to find conspiracy at any cost; it is just in front everybody's eyes that if there is a problem it is all for fisico and most of all the team does not even explain what has happened.
Old 11 May 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1298426)   #45
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
To be fair, 312T4, Renault has publically apologized to Fisi.
Old 11 May 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1298433)   #46
312T4
Racer

Italy
yes they have done Inigo, but the points are lost and it is not fair enough against a driver that in my opinion is a gentleman and fast.
Then he could be not as fast as Alonso, but he must be put in the situation to do his job properly.
Old 31 May 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1316067)   #47
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/e...ws=tcm:3-36666

Again, the team is apologizing to Fisico. Its really is a shame that he is having all of the bad luck.
Old 31 May 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1316108)   #48
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wans't sure why the car stalled originally, especially as Giancarlo has a bad record of making mistakes when preparing to start a race, but the team seem quite emphatic about it beign their fault. Without the problem he could've proabbly taken 4th, maybe 3rd, so it's cst him several poitnts again.
Old 31 May 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1316154)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Renault are certainly going some way to losing the constructors title. The way the points are, if they continue as they are, Alonso will walk the championship and Renault themselves will be fourth or fifth in the constructors. Well, it wouldn't surprise me!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1316670)   #50
312T4
Racer

Italy
I still believe on the tread I have started and in the posts I have sent after Barhain GP: Fisico is not put in the conditions to do his job at his best possibilities.
Renault could loose the consturctors, but this seems a secondary problem to Flavio and his spanish boy.
Closed Thread