Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1330471)   #26
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another forum Stephen? Do you ever work? :-)
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1330474)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
errrr shhhhh, my boss is standing next to me at the moment!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1330759)   #28
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't got mine yet, really not to good if they don't issue the 3 i requested as I have already made plans for 3 people to go. How can you tell someone that they can go........if they pay when you told them they can go for free.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1331353)   #29
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a bit of update, my friend got his (2X) this morning!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1331403)   #30
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My two arrived this morning having applied for four - I understand they were massively oversubscribed and most people will be disappointed despite the website very clearly implying success was guaranteed - it sounds like a bit of of Hoover fiasco - or more likely just another scam to build a huge database
Old 17 Jun 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1331415)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Two is better than non Jos. I believe tickets for Friday are available on the gate though?
Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1331417)   #32
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
GarrettMacD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by josvandeperre
or more likely just another scam to build a huge database

Yep, that sounds right!
Also, don't forget that if people have organised for a trip for 4 people and they only received 2 tickets, then my guess is that the other 2 will still go anyway. So, they get more gate revenue (because 2 people now have to pay), PLUS they get a huge database to mail offers to.

Finally, I don't see why there should be an over-subscription - - it's on the Friday, which is always the quietest day ???

Having said that, I got mine this morning, so I'm just glad they arrived!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1331427)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got my two this morning too!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1331447)   #34
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by josvandeperre
or more likely just another scam to build a huge database
I think scam is probably a bit of a harsh word to describe it. Of course there were reasons to build a database by offering the tickets - if The Times weren't going to gain an advantage from it why would they offer tickets?
I didn't see the form as I can't make the event, but I'm sure that the standard "Agree to receive more communication" box would be there as on most other forms.
You still got something out of it, so you can hardly claim it to be a scam in all balance.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1331458)   #35
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Ok maybe scam is a bit harsh - they initially only had 5000 tickets (later increased to 7500) but to quote the page I received :

Thank you for requesting tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2005, in association with The Sunday Times and Times Online.

Your tickets will be sent to the address you provided when registering with Times Online.

There is no uncertainty about reception there unless that page was only sent to 'winners' but then it would have said 'congatulations lucky winner' etc not 'requesting'
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1331479)   #36
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Two is better than non Jos. I believe tickets for Friday are available on the gate though?
Sorry, I believe it's still advance tickets only.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1331483)   #37
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can see what you're saying Jos but the paper I have with the tickets says:

"Dear Reader,
We are delighted to inform you that you have won two tickets...due to excessive demand we are only able to provide one pair of tickets per winner."

As I remember it, part of the website said "to win tickets" and then once you had filled in whatever you had to, it then said "tickets requested" or similar to the same effect.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1331484)   #38
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimlerman
To confirm this from the Goodwood FOS website:
"Tickets sales are made in advance only.It is not possible to buy a ticket when you arrive at the Festival, and there will be no admission without a ticket."
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1331485)   #39
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimlerman
Apologies, you are right. I've just checked the site and its advance bookings only. Still time to order on line for those who were expecting more than two tickets!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1331504)   #40
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
Well at least I am grateful to have two free tickets. Nuff said. Thanks to the original poster.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1331523)   #41
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Well at least I am grateful to have two free tickets. Nuff said. Thanks to the original poster.
Heavens yes - I absolutely agree with the above - its just that a lot of people out there are very disappointed and it seems with good reason
Old 17 Jun 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1331564)   #42
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't got mine yet, hopefully tommorow other wise I'm gonna get a bit worried. I understand if they haven't got enough but they could atleast email me to tell me that before I ask people if they want to come.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1331590)   #43
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It won't be a scam - the Sunday Times has offered freebie Friday tickets for the past couple of years. Maybe demand has gone up this year because of more knowledge?
Old 17 Jun 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1331705)   #44
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm not suggesting anyone here did but I wonder how many people applied for 4 tickets regardless of what they needed. Given they are normally £20 each and it didn't take long for the offer to be posted outside of the Times usual readership and on to several internet forums it's not that surprising if the offer was oversubscribed.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1331744)   #45
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also demand for the friday may have gone up as the saturday is getting too busy.

Wish I'd applied for free ones now...I might be able to go then.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1331755)   #46
mad racer
Rookie

England
warrington
mad racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can someone tell me were the goodwood ticket are i search all pages still not any thing that say goodwood tickett pls help
Old 17 Jun 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1331842)   #47
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mad racer, the time newspaper offer was on the website at the end of may. You cannot apply for the tickets anymore. You have missed out i'm afraid.

The only way to get them now is from the goodwood website.
Old 18 Jun 2005, 06:09 (Ref:1331989)   #48
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
www.goodwood.co.uk

click on Motorsport, then click on Festival of Speed. You can still buy tickets for friday on line I believe.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1334368)   #49
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
Due to unexpected circumstances, I am now unable to attend on the Friday (totally gutted) and would like to give the TWO free tickets away to fellow members. Please PM me with your address and the number of tickets. All I ask is 2X first class stamps to cover the postage. Cheers.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1334465)   #50
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I know someone who is looking for a ticket for all three days if anyone has any spare?