Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Jun 2005, 03:38 (Ref:1322880)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
You said I might be restricted, did you mean in where I can go?
Once your off the coach, surely your free to go where you like? As for where we meet up, no special tickets needed, it's a public area. Head behind the pit straight, stand in the middle of the ITV gantry/Fosters bar/Bridge Shop triangle and we'll be there somewhere.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1322881)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just thought, you won't know what we look like!

Just look for the good looking buggar....................................................

.......................................I'll be standing beside him
Old 8 Jun 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1322980)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Knowlesy, your Brundle avatar, did he actually say that on air?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1322985)   #29
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Just thought, you won't know what we look like!

Just look for the good looking buggar....................................................

lol, ok. I'll have a look, if the GP2 quali is on right after quali I probably won't be there tough, gonna watch Ryan
Old 8 Jun 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1323236)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kidzer, once you're off the coach you are free to roam wherever. You are restricted, naturally, in terms of time. You still get a nice amount though, so not to worry. You just can't hang about for ages afterwards as you are hustled off to your hotel or whatever. Don't worry, as I said I was on the tour last year and had a great time!

Monster: Brundle did say that live on air. Canadian GP 2004, in reply to some inane James Allen question about braking forces. The way he said it was the key: sounded fed up.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1323238)   #31
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
are you calling knowlesy good looking?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1323242)   #32
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think it was a slip of the tongue
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1323247)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, V doesn't know what I look like either....

Who is the mysterious good looking person?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1323248)   #34
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could always walk back to the hotel...apart from the fact that it's a while away, I think.

Am I able to get into the GP2 Paddock dya think? I would expect it to be quite restricted

p.s. it must be me you lot all have to look out for
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1323249)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well you could if it isn't too far away, that'd be great!

My hotel was a bloody hour away, which was irritating! And our coach driver didn't know the way to the track initially, we got lost in a never ending countryside. Only just got to the circuit in time for qualifying (no, we didn't get to see Friday either!).

I'd imagine your tour will be somewhat better than mine kidzer!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1323255)   #36
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
We're heading down on friday so we'll miss it aswell, unfortunatley we're likley heading down past dundee and across to glasgow and by my rudimentary calculations its the same day as the G8 leaders arrive at prestwick airport, which chould give us a huge delay, not to worry..quite looking forward to my first GP
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1323262)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, I remember the excitement I felt and the gutting feeling when it was over. It's the atmosphere that astounds you, they really should bottle it up and sell it.

Regarding Friday, probably won't be missing much anyways. Just a bunch of Renaults sitting in the garage and a few Minardis circulating!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1323265)   #38
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Well, it should be easy to recognise me, i'll likley be wearing a cap with either the Jenzer Motorsport or Norco logo on it, or DPR if I get one
Old 8 Jun 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1323321)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Yep, I remember the excitement I felt and the gutting feeling when it was over. It's the atmosphere that astounds you, they really should bottle it up and sell it.
Agreed. This will by the third year in succession my mate Mick has gone to the GP with me (my 8th year on the trot ) and we spend most of the year looking forward to it, only for it to be gone in 3 days, but it's worth it.

As for the asmosphere, another lad who works with us, Matt has never been before, and isn't interested in motorsports at all - he's a fisherman but we've sold it to him on the atmosphere, the camping and the drinking And i've guarenteed him that he'll be impressed by the noise the cars make.

For me, there is nothing like hearing that first car of the weekeend, no matter what car it is.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1323371)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

First car I heard last year was a certain Michael Schumachers in first qualifying. A really special moment. I remember also being astounded at the fact all the colours on the cars are so vibrant and garish compared to on TV. And Schueys crash hat is pink seeing it in the flesh!

Anyways, my preparations have hit a massive snag. Basically the person going to Silverstone with me, and my means of transport, has been emphatically denied leave from his bosses today. The tone of fury and upset in his voice suggests this problem won't be resolved. Which is a massive problem.

I have someone else on standby for the ticket but with so little preparation time, there aren't no guarantees.........still, I will get there if I have to walk. If I end up going on my own, which I wouldn't actually be that bothered about if i was meeting up with people from time to time, I don't fancy putting the tent up on my own! Might be difficult!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 04:24 (Ref:1323660)   #41
Mr V
Veteran

England
Knowls, we have just bought a 3 bedroom tent, with 3 of us staying in it, however, if i chat the lads up, maybe you can sleep in our "bong" room
Old 9 Jun 2005, 06:44 (Ref:1323688)   #42
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Whereabouts are you travelling from Knowlsey?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1324024)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Whitehaven, up in NW Cumbria.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1324026)   #44
Mr V
Veteran

England
Start walking now Knowls, you'll make it in time
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1324036)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hehehe.....well, I think I'll be OK, I'm working on something and it looks as if it will come off.

I'll eat my hat if I'm not there.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1329019)   #46
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woohoo woke up this morning to the postman beating down my door to hand me my gp tickets now im getting excited......3 days of no women or babys screaming just pure testosterone and quality racing bring it on......
Old 15 Jun 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1329407)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, I'm definitely going now, after a brief scare!

Can't bloody wait!

Just need the tickets now!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1329446)   #48
Mr V
Veteran

England
Welcome to the forum Mong, 3 days of no babies screaming? I'll find that out next year when i have 3 days of peace at Silverstone in 2006
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1329543)   #49
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You got your tickets already Mong? I haven't got mine yet! I hope they will be coming soon!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1329683)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
So is everyone up for a and a chin wag on the saturday then?