Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1349618)   #26
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went every year and i loved it, wish it would make a return.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 07:31 (Ref:1350134)   #27
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not run it alongside Summernats? Canberra for a week or so would become the motorsport mecca of Australia.

I think weather has something to do with it. I don't like the cold along with many other people. It just puts a huge dampner on the whole event, especially when your paying extra for a seat to sit in and slowly freeze.

Wider track, warmer weather, more spectator viewing areas and an added reason to leave home and travel down to Canberra (besides Questacon and fireworks).
Old 8 Jul 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1350172)   #28
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Canberra???

Jeepers, run an event in a city full of folks who've never seen the real world, along with a binch of greenies who demand that every tree be given it's own personal attendant and safety barrier (making the track approximately half a car width wide)??

No thanks and I'm sure the teams were quite happy to see the end of that one too, given the ridiculous amount of repairs required after a weekend there?

As for China? Not a lot to get excited about there either...a procession...big sweeping corners and, despite being wide enough to fit 10 cars, they all still manage to single file it for most of the weekend.

My choice would be go back to Winton...it seems tight but there's always a lot of overtaking there.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1350699)   #29
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canberra was a top event every year.........100,000 plus speactators over each weekend craps on the likes of Oran or the Creek, but our race got canned.

Agree with FJ, time or year and stupid political reasons ruined the event, but what's to say that TC wouldnt have taken it off us anyway in the future.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 02:52 (Ref:1350749)   #30
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a street circuit. TC loved it. All good publiciity.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 06:10 (Ref:1350796)   #31
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trolling for a bite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
Canberra???

Jeepers, run an event in a city full of folks who've never seen the real world, along with a binch of greenies who demand that every tree be given it's own personal attendant and safety barrier (making the track approximately half a car width wide)??

No thanks and I'm sure the teams were quite happy to see the end of that one too, given the ridiculous amount of repairs required after a weekend there?

As for China? Not a lot to get excited about there either...a procession...big sweeping corners and, despite being wide enough to fit 10 cars, they all still manage to single file it for most of the weekend.

My choice would be go back to Winton...it seems tight but there's always a lot of overtaking there.
I see you are a fisherman deeks6

Generalising is usuall pretty dangerous mate....most of the people in Cranberry come from somewhere else!! In my case, after 25 years living in Sydney.

This may come as a surprise to you...but there are NIMBYS in Sydney as well...

Winton???...they are building a track in QLD?? Fantastic!!

I thought you mean't the equally as cold, as Canberra in winter, Winton VIC
Old 9 Jul 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1351095)   #32
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Why not run it alongside Summernats? Canberra for a week or so would become the motorsport mecca of Australia.
Great idea - Run it with the Summernats, so you get instant interested crowd! Maybe have it as the Non-championship tryout before the first official round, instead of the Grand Prix - would probably need to find some backstreets somewhere industrial (Fyshwick maybe? The XXX 300!), rather than using the streets around parliament, but I'm sure you could make a wider track somewhere around there!

And face it, actual championship rounds in Australia are going to be pretty hard to get as they send more races OS....
Old 9 Jul 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1351101)   #33
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1

And face it, actual championship rounds in Australia are going to be pretty hard to get as they send more races OS....
The Chinese put up their hard earned, how many others will - once, then twice?

Hats off to Coch0 for China, but i'm still not convinced.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1351230)   #34
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most race meetings to be attended by V8Supercars is 14, whether they be championship rounds or non-championship races.