Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 18 Sep 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1410240)   #26
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh wait, nevermind!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1410241)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
True - he should have a look at doing Le Mans and if he wins it, I think that would make him the only person in history to win the Indy 500, the Formula One world championship and Le Mans.
Apart from Graham Hill.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1410295)   #28
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
flashF1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I've just seen on another forum a repost of an article f1today.nl quoting Dr Thiessen:

The above is a translation of an article in Dutch, so I don't know how accurate it really is. However, it seems to confirm what I've written above - that BMW will look at JV in the next three races and then make a decision. Therefore, it's in JV's court - does he want to wait until the end of the season (by which time the other competitive seats will already have been taken) to work out whether BMW will take him or not, or does he want to start looking at other options for next season?

The link to the original article: http://www.f1today.nl/index.php?loca...nieu wsid=4396

It's not clear to me what Mario is saying, however I do concur with Mario that switching to a new team has not helped the cause. But then again both Fisi and Monty have also struggled to. An objective observer would see as the year has progressed Jacques perfromance has improved and is on par with Massa. I would say Massa and Nick are pretty evenly matched drivers.

I think Mario is in a tough position, he has gotten his star driver in Nick who is being rewarded handsomely both in terms of money and duration of his contract.

Next years V8's and fewer driver aids flatter Jacques because of past experience with like. How would Mario's decesion look if Jacques beats him and my money is on Jacques!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1410335)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Jacques beats Nick then Mario will be happy because his car will be higher up the grid than if he wasn't!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1410340)   #30
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashF1
Next years V8's and fewer driver aids flatter Jacques because of past experience with like. How would Mario's decesion look if Jacques beats him and my money is on Jacques!
Yeah right...like he was going to "destroy" Button, then Alonso, then Massa, now Heidfield. Jacques ain't capable of destroying any teammate these days. If he keeps his job Nick will blow him away next year...then again there will always be an excuse or reason for each occasion, won't there?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1410363)   #31
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Yeah right...like he was going to "destroy" Button, then Alonso, then Massa, now Heidfield. Jacques ain't capable of destroying any teammate these days. If he keeps his job Nick will blow him away next year...then again there will always be an excuse or reason for each occasion, won't there?

Destroy, sorry I am an objective observer. Jacques being 1/10 off the pace of Alonso this years WDC in Brasil last year, is further evidence that Jacques belongs in F1.

I think you are new to F1 by the way you speak. I rate Jenson and 4 races don't a season make.

It's funny eh? Webbo who has made Nick look good this year turned down Dr. Mario's offer to join BMW. Go figure?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1410407)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I think you are new to F1 by the way you speak.
I don't think he is. Anyway let us keep it to the topic before we degenerate into attacking the poster and not the post. Thanks everyone.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1410420)   #33
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing thats going to save JV next year is an appeal to the contract recognition board after BMW sack him.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1410422)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Schultz, we don't know anything like that at the moment. Apart from reading things into the odd press release not even about JV, we know nothing other than JV has a two year contract with Sauber.

It may or may not happen, but I wouldn't state things with so much certainty!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1410426)   #35
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'll go with Joe Rossi on this one - I doubt JV will be anywhere near Nick after NH has had a few laps in the car.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1410445)   #36
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
I'll go with Joe Rossi on this one - I doubt JV will be anywhere near Nick after NH has had a few laps in the car.
Speaking as an F1 "newbie" with only 11 years following the sport and politics (thanks Adam!), lets not forget Nick was at Sauber for a few years, and most of the same people I assume are still there. This should help him "hit the ground running" with the team, regardless of the new owners, V8's, etc.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1410454)   #37
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
***post this refers to deleted ***

I stand by my asseration and my point. Dispute my facts. I agree lets not have this thread degrade because of ones biased opinion. Cheers!
Sorry, I didn't understand most of that, but to re-iterate my "biased" opinion;

I am not anti-JV as a driver, but every year Jv's "fans" and often Jv himself make proclamations about how he is going to destroy this years teammate and how the big teams will soon be knocking on his door again. this invariably never happens, and we have to endure a season of excuses and reasons why this didn't happen, only to begin the whole process again the following year.

By the way, who said Webber turned down a BMW drive? where is the link or proof of this statement? I haven't heard about this from here or any other web site.

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Sep 2005 at 13:19.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1410461)   #38
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Sorry, I didn't understand most of that, but to re-iterate my "biased" opinion;

I am not anti-JV as a driver, but every year Jv's "fans" and often Jv himself make proclamations about how he is going to destroy this years teammate and how the big teams will soon be knocking on his door again. this invariably never happens, and we have to endure a season of excuses and reasons why this didn't happen, only to begin the whole process again the following year.

By the way, who said Webber turned down a BMW drive? where is the link or proof of this statement? I haven't heard about this from here or any other web site.
Sorry, where did Jacques say he would destroy Massa. No, what he said was that he could learn from Massa. In kind Massa said Jacques is not the ****** people make him out to be.

See Webbo interview, a google search will lead you there.

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Sep 2005 at 13:24. Reason: Autocensor dodge! Again (albeit a few minutes before PM)! I presume this isn't a direct quote!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1410489)   #39
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok Im looking for the google link???? I can't find it care to help us all out?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1410495)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Even BMW admit that Williams will be ahead of them next year.Why would Webbo want to go there?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1410517)   #41
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
ok Im looking for the google link???? I can't find it care to help us all out?
no worries! enjoy!

http://rapidshare.de/files/5233289/R..._9_05.mp3.html
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1410539)   #42
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
AdamAshmore it's a direct quote and I will provide quotes in the future.

''Everyone said to me 'Jacques, he talks too much, he's a *******','' the 24-year-old Brazilian driver quipped.

''But I don't think so. Step by step, I saw he's a nice guy.''
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1410567)   #43
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
True - he should have a look at doing Le Mans and if he wins it, I think that would make him the only person in history to win the Indy 500, the Formula One world championship and Le Mans. A pretty handy trio to put on your CV, wouldn't you think?
As Adam pointed out, Graham Hill did that. (and win Monaco 5 times, too)

Jacques would probably be the first driver to win the F1 title, the IndyCar title, the Indy 500 and Le Mans, if he won les 24 heures.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1410579)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
AdamAshmore it's a direct quote and I will provide quotes in the future.

''Everyone said to me 'Jacques, he talks too much, he's a *******','' the 24-year-old Brazilian driver quipped.

''But I don't think so. Step by step, I saw he's a nice guy.''
Source and/or link please. For copyright purposes.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1410587)   #45
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
Sauber archives ... cheers
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1410600)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Any particular one? On the website? Or is it a blowing the dust off an old paper in the journals at some library in Switzerland
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1410613)   #47
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
www.sauber.ch, cheers again!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1410625)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Of course the archives on that site (which I link too) are rather big.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1410627)   #49
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
your, point is what?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1410629)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I can't find it and I want to read the article!

and it would help us nail down any copyright issues, by aiding anyone to find the quote and reward the effort of those who put the interview together. And other boring things like that