Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1468262)   #1
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least for the benetton and ligier, and if my memory still works, FIA inspected both chassis and found "no common parts", well, that´s what they said...
Old 23 Nov 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1468309)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume that the reason why Super Aguri are so keen to purchase four year old Arrows is because if they can finish in the top 10, they will be entitled to significant amounts of money for travel, TV, etc. With Toro Rosso running an updated Minardi with a detuned V10, it might be possible for a team with an up to date Honda engine to finish ahead of them and claim the money for a more comprehensive assault on 2007.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1468322)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I presume that the reason why Super Aguri are so keen to purchase four year old Arrows is because if they can finish in the top 10, they will be entitled to significant amounts of money for travel, TV, etc. With Toro Rosso running an updated Minardi with a detuned V10, it might be possible for a team with an up to date Honda engine to finish ahead of them and claim the money for a more comprehensive assault on 2007.
It depends on the equivalency, there are some concerns amongst the manufacturers that (initially anyway) restricted V10's may be more competive than V8's and that they have effectively been sold a 'pup' as far as the regs go.

Allowing detuned V10's was a way of keeping Minardi (in it's former guise) in F1 and removing the obstacle of it having to secure a V8 deal and develop a bespoke car. Now of course, Minardi has been bought by a multi billion pound organisation so the former doesn't really apply to their new circumstances.

I would imagine that should it produce a car of some sort, Aguri will look at running restricted Honda V10's, as opposed to V8's - there will be a plentifull supply without impinging on Honda's main engine programme, as an independent (non-manufacturer) team they will be entitled to run V10's, plus of course it could provide a useful ongoing benchmark for Honda to measure their V8 by.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1468381)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Am I right in thinking, though, that Super Aguri could use old BAR chassis if all the other teams agreed?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1468386)   #5
mike_slh
Rookie

Denmark
Plymouth
mike_slh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Am I right in thinking, though, that Super Aguri could use old BAR chassis if all the other teams agreed?
Thats what i was thinking,surely they could borrow the plans to the 2004 or 2005 car, it has to be better than the Arrows
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1468393)   #6
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, but unanimity might be the stumbling block.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1469322)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Joke or not, running converted 5 year old chassis would be a total waste of time, unless it would be used as buying themselves time to get hold of BAR's?

Few guys have already mentioned the Ferrari/Sauber and Benetton/Ligier links- the cars were pretty much the same apart from some different wings or stuff underneath i suspect - surely that would be the way for Super A to do it as well?

Build a car just like the BAR and then put different sidepods and winglets on it!!

After all who was it that said if you lined all the chassis up in a row painted the same colour - it would be remarkably difficult to tell them all apart?!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1469329)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer

Few guys have already mentioned the Ferrari/Sauber and Benetton/Ligier links- the cars were pretty much the same apart from some different wings or stuff underneath i suspect - surely that would be the way for Super A to do it as well?

Build a car just like the BAR and then put different sidepods and winglets on it!!
None of the parts can be interchangable.The Benetton/Ligier,Ferrari/Sauber/Toyota had no common parts.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1469333)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
None of the parts can be interchangable.The Benetton/Ligier,Ferrari/Sauber/Toyota had no common parts.
But you could use other parts for same purpose? You have to admit the Ligier and Sauber went pretty well for lookalikes!!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1469609)   #10
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
the benetton and ligier were almost identical...im sure theere were lots of common parts

anyone got any pics???
Old 25 Nov 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1469787)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo
the benetton and ligier were almost identical...im sure theere were lots of common parts

anyone got any pics???
The FIA checked and found that there were no common parts.Had there been i'm sure that either one or both cars would have been excluded from the championship.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 02:13 (Ref:1469804)   #12
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The FIA checked and found that there were no common parts.Had there been i'm sure that either one or both cars would have been excluded from the championship.
Did they move the screw holes that hold the bodywork panels on?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1469619)   #13
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
http://b.f1-facts.com/ul/a/498

http://b.f1-facts.com/ul/a/1366
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1469624)   #14
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see no similarities. One's designed in completely the different direction to the other
Old 24 Nov 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1469672)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Jordan are nominally gone could they not buy the Jordans from Midland?

I say get some Osella FA1G's myself!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1469676)   #16
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
As Jordan are nominally gone could they not buy the Jordans from Midland?
If they could, they could also buy BARs from Honda.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1469789)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
With situations like that a lot of effort would have been made to ensure that things were different enough to satisfy the regulations.

It makes me wonder, though, what if, unlikely as it may be, two teams, by chance, happened to design identical cars?
Old 26 Nov 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1470899)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see why Honda/Super Aguri have'nt gone back to Dallara. After all they built the test mule that Verstappen tested back in 00 (I think) under the auspices of the late Harvey Postelthwaite. If Dallara have even more recent drawings from the work they did for Midland then surely they should be speaking with Dallara? Or Dallara should be banging down Hondas door!
Old 26 Nov 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1470904)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dallara is under contract with Midland to do work for them, so they can't do the Aguri stuff
Old 26 Nov 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1470909)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Oh I thought they got dumped by Midland in favour of using Jordan facilities. My mistake.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1470910)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Midland are building the cars at the Jordan factory, but they still have Dallara as design consultants