Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1535463)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
OK, to answer a couple of the questions raised, I spoke to Tristan today. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Why have you got a 3 litre cut off point for the Sports and GT race?
Tristan: It's just a figure we came up with and we've had no real interest for anything bigger.
Me: I'm interested.
Tristan: Well maybe if a few more people are interested we can up the limit in the future, I take it you have a bigger car.
Me: Yes a 4.2 litre Dtype Jaguar.
Tristan: Oh, that's a pity, haven't you got anything else you could enter?
Me: Er, no, who has shown an interest then, what are the grids like?
Tristan: Mainly Caterhams and the like.
Me: In that case I am not untested anyway.
Tristan: If you know anyone who is interested can you let them know.
Me: OK I will. How are you running this meeting at these prices and the clubs charge double that?
Tristan: Because we own the track.
Me: No business would allow a sub division to run at a loss, so how are you being allowed to do it?
Tristan: Er, well, it's because it's our first meeting and we want to attract entries.
Me: So JP is subsidising it then.
Tristan: Er, Yes.
Me: OK thanks for the info.
He did also say at one point that the MSA will be watching as well to see how they get on.

Tim
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1535470)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Given its their first meeting the MSA were bound to be watching, as they would with any 'new' racing club. So, its down to you to drum up some interest from the over 3 litre brigade then Falsy
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1535472)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
So, its down to you to drum up some interest from the over 3 litre brigade then Falsy
Anybody interested?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1535473)   #29
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who said MSVR would run at a loss? Maybe on this meeting, yes - but the reason why it was created was to run big ticket stuff such as A1GP, DTM and the like which I expect will bring in the cash.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1535478)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Who said MSVR would run at a loss? Maybe on this meeting, yes - but the reason why it was created was to run big ticket stuff such as A1GP, DTM and the like which I expect will bring in the cash.
OK, You've taken it out of context, maybe I should have written "Meeting" rather than "sub division". Sorry
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1535491)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think they just want to get full grids for their first race meeting, hence the deals on entry fees etc. It makes good publicity and drivers get the benefits of lower costs, even if its only for this one.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1535684)   #32
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if I'm reading it wrongly but I can't find anything in the Sports and Gt regs about a 3000cc limit....
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1535690)   #33
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite correct Dan. There you go Tim, and indeed Al - I am sure you would be able to enter in the Sports and GT race.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1535697)   #34
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Yep, I misread it. It may be worth it just for the track time under race conditions.
Are you up for it Al?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1535700)   #35
Ian Sowman
Veteran

More worrying is that you had that conversation with Tristan and he didn't spot that you had misread it!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1535703)   #36
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I was just thinking the same Ian.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1535723)   #37
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So was I - thought i was going mad!!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1535732)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just to clarify things, the saloons are capped at 3000cc, which is where I misread it and this is probably what Al was looking to enter.
The Sports and GT does have a class for over 2500cc which what I will enter. Al you could come into the same race with your car, be in the same class as me and beat me easily.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1535755)   #39
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn - what time do you do Brands Indy in, Al & FM? - I really need to rest my broken shoulder but it sounds too good to miss...
Old 3 Mar 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1535762)   #40
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hmmm, looks like I might be excersising my broom and sweeping gravel
Old 4 Mar 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1536020)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
Damn - what time do you do Brands Indy in, Al & FM? - I really need to rest my broken shoulder but it sounds too good to miss...
I do it in 56/57sec on a good day in the Dtype so you won't have to worry as you will be lapping me after a few laps
Old 4 Mar 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1536048)   #42
Ian Sowman
Veteran

The Grads lap record is in the 58s though...
Old 4 Mar 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1536079)   #43
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Hmmm, looks like I might be excersising my broom and sweeping gravel
Not a bad idea Stephen.
But I can tell you one thing: don't start pushing Al's Camaro, far too heavy. My back still hurts from last year.

Only joking Al, honest! Hope you enter.

Good to meet some others as well there. If the snow stays away for my trip, that is.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1536100)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I may be up for it, just got to stick an extinguisher system in the car this weekend and take the passenger seat out and she should be ready to rumble could do with a harder Kumho on the front though. Oh this car is lighter Eddy you will be pleased to hear. How long are MSA taking to turn licences around at the moment as I have a medical booked in on the 13th March and it may be a bit tight. Also I don't have a clue what the car will do around Brands as I never clocked it when I was there the other week (trackday, and I was only there for the crack).
Old 4 Mar 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1536105)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Al, allow 2 weeks or more for the MSA to do your licence unless you fast track it. I would think you would lap around the same time as me judging from following you round the other week.
Ian, I didn't realise Graeme is in Grads, I thought it was Super Grads.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1536107)   #46
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Even Supergrads are only in the 55s and Megas in the 54s. So if you are say 3s per lap slower than the Megas, you will probably only be lapped once by my reckoning.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1536110)   #47
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Ian, it sounds better all the time
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1536113)   #48
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Obviously if someone entered a Superlight you'd be blown into the weeds
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1536122)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I would think you would lap around the same time as me judging from following you round the other week.
Ah but I had two fat people in the car, one I can do something about, my mate (kick him out) the second one (me) I am stuck with and 12 year old Falken rock hard road tyres on the front, full lock understeer all the way around Clearways I kid you not!

I will phone the Quacks and see I can bring my medical forward if I can then I am up for it as I was going to do the Sunbac at Silverstone in Classic Thunder but I don't like the fact the Post Historic round is on at Snett the following weekend so this may well suit me. What sort of stuff comes out in the sports and GT's not that I am at all worried about being hammered thats not the point of the excercise.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1536135)   #50
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The Grads lap record is in the 58s though...
But I can do 57.0 on 1B tyres with an aeroscreen

Need to check the closing date...