Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:42 (Ref:1561899)   #26
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Keener
Dunno but I will try and find out.
I'll have my people look into it as well
Old 27 Mar 2006, 06:33 (Ref:1561957)   #27
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll have my people talk to your people, and then they can draft up a deal which your people can put to you and mine can put to me and and and wait! I have no people! I only have goats! And they can't write!

Mind you, the did eat some of Keener's velour upholstery (sorry about that) and also stole some articles of bright pink clothing that seemed to not belong to Keener at all....
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:14 (Ref:1561986)   #28
shelleybgood
Rookie

shelleybgood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
A question for you Keener.
If the No. 15 is all sold up...who is it to???
I believe Duane Spurdle was the lucky bidder, but of COURSE this is speculation and I COULD be wrong...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1562022)   #29
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Have made a couple of phone calls about this one Shelly.
One source made the same noises similar to your speculation, the other didn’t know.
They could be wrong too.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1562026)   #30
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Have just noticed Andy Booth online...
Here to give us some answers are you Andy???
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1562223)   #31
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GEEEEZE...YUK.... after a couple of days of THIS oh sweet sweet talkin Posters, my stomachs starting to churn like it does when we are in to lap 7 of a 20 lap Toyota Single File oh, sorry, Racing series race. !!! All very nice but the natives are falling asleep. What this Thread needs is a bit of BIFF... ya know, like what we had before it got snatched away by them spoilsport thingerators. Like what we get when we watch a NZV8 race. Now. for those NOT paying attention on the last thread.... Pukekohe will see, at the last NZ V8 race, a baffling but staggeringly beautiful three way tie for the Championship, a sort of reverse Henshaw deal where the top contenders throw themselves INTO the race...After race positions, protests and count-backs, the result finds the Scintillating Johnny Mac, The Powerful and Cavalier Andy B and the Fearless and lovable Foggy, ALL finish on equel points. Most wins to Johnny M so he gets the biggest Cup but the triple Crowning of the coveted Championship leaders is tempered only by the Second placing of none other than the reformed team Kayne n Able to doit. Third of course in the V8's to none other than 911 himself. not sure how tha................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzOH. Bugga, must have dozed offffffzzzzzzzzzz with all the nice mannered people on tonight. DAMN twas but a Dream....sigh. Yakida
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1562661)   #32
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"What this Thread needs is a bit of BIFF"

errr like the last two that were closed? lol
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1562679)   #33
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
TRue....True... but.... How come the vast majority of us can parry and spar without getting personally offensive (THESE DAYS) and yet still get pinged. by some bloke in Wolverflippin HAMPTON for dogs sake. What would HE know about anything (over here)??. Unfounded rumour gets exposed in good time and thats to the discredit of the poster and if unfounded, is there for all to see. So, who gives them insinkerators the right to veto a thread when there was no foul language and no personal abuse. merely plenty of rumour and congecture. you know, like what happens in real life all the time. Pretty soon, you aint even going to be able to say ************ on here without it getting *******************************************lol
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1562791)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c
TRue....True... but.... How come the vast majority of us can parry and spar without getting personally offensive (THESE DAYS) and yet still get pinged. by some bloke in Wolverflippin HAMPTON for dogs sake. What would HE know about anything (over here)??. Unfounded rumour gets exposed in good time and thats to the discredit of the poster and if unfounded, is there for all to see. So, who gives them insinkerators the right to veto a thread when there was no foul language and no personal abuse. merely plenty of rumour and congecture. you know, like what happens in real life all the time. Pretty soon, you aint even going to be able to say ************ on here without it getting *******************************************lol
LOL back - enjoyed that post. Not only am I fairly familiar with Auckland (and will be back next year) but I've actually marshalled for Aussie V8s, and follow both the Australian and NZ series on TV over here. I've also been to Pukekohe as a marshal, so there!

Regardless of that, rumour has to be substantiated, particularly when much of it is potentially actionable.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1562850)   #35
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Woolley] I've also been to Pukekohe as a marshal

QUOTE]

There are very few people in New Zealand that will admit to that in public.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1562856)   #36
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I wouldn't want to go there as a tourist, would I?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1562899)   #37
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Southerners, eh? You gotta love 'em...
Old 28 Mar 2006, 01:19 (Ref:1562900)   #38
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
LOL back - enjoyed that post. Not only am I fairly familiar with Auckland (and will be back next year)

Darn... Just too late Wooley. The V8 Superdoopercars and our brilliant lads in our Serieses will be takin'the sloooowtrain to Hamzzzziltzon if they have their way and you will miss another opportunity to get to that Mighty place that is called Pukekohe Raceway.

Wooley also wrote

Regardless of that, rumour has to be substantiated, particularly when much of it is potentially actionable.
I hear ya and I guess the anonamility ?? is that the word?? lol, (the fact that we dont know who's Posting,) makes it a tad dangerous to allow actionable material.

Psssst: Wooley seems a great screen name for somebody in Wolverhampton in the WINTER.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 01:49 (Ref:1562919)   #39
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on the TKR issue and without being slanderous, just seeking opinions, what do they have to offer in the local series? My take on it is if they are not particularly competitive locally ( which they haven't been this year ) That the local campaign will not assist in gaining support for the Aussie campaign. If they were to run two cars at or near the pointy end ( alah 2003/2004 ) and drivers were then guaranteed Aussie enduro drives I feel the support would greatly increase and the marketing possibilities and attraction of corporate $ should be greatly enhanced.Problem being without adequate $ to ensure a front runnning local team it makes it harder to attract support. If you were in their shoes how do you attract the few top local engineers/engine guys/drivers and money men without an iron clad guarantee of Aussie exposure. I would love a return to the old days of a competitive black peril which I think would be great for the local series. Which brings me to the next point and one that is troubling.The front of the pack is primarily now same old same old year in and out and it appears to me that their is no one outside the top ten with a hope in hell of winning a championship ( and I refer to Kiwis only here).Plenty of new people have come in however forward progress has been pretty ordinary. Kayne Scott and Shane Drake are the two locals who came in and were competitive with obviously one of them gone and the other having an extensive racing pedigree. Where are our new champs going to come from?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 02:46 (Ref:1562938)   #40
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
same old same old?

1 J McIntyre 973
2 K Scott 961
3 A Fogg 946
4 A Booth 803
5 M Pedersen 735
6 P Pedersen 720
7 P Manuell 658
8 L Youldon 604
9 C McLean 598
10 D Perkins 539
11 C Proctor 494
12 S O'Brien 471
13 A Anderson 408
14 K Williams 350
15 H Mackenzie 341
16 N Ross 329
17 D Lambert 324
18 S Richards 312
19 A Fawcet 255
20 G Rollinson 254

fogg and scott are only in there third season (correct me if i'm wrong). williams, brook and proctor also have shown that they are competitive.. as have the aussie boys. perkins isn't that far away from being a genuine championship contender. and once inky, richards and collins get used to running around in a NZV8 there's no reason why they can't be up near the front of the field.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:15 (Ref:1562948)   #41
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Do you think that list will look much different this time next year?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:21 (Ref:1562953)   #42
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
yes i do.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:39 (Ref:1562963)   #43
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Only for its departures - lets face it, the Toyota Racing Series is a much better career option if you want a drive overseas
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:50 (Ref:1562972)   #44
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Quote:
promax yes i do.
Wanna share your future after 6 round top 10
Old 28 Mar 2006, 05:03 (Ref:1562994)   #45
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Promax, to say Foggy and Scott are only in their 3rd season is somewhat misleading don't you think.
Both are multiple champions in other classes, and a long way from being novices.
Anyway...it's interesting to look at the top ten to see who actually own and drive the cars they are competing in.
Only 2 from what I can work out.
Keener I agree, (S&!t, your right Bazzzz, this forum's becoming gay) the top ten, excluding our Aussie mates, would look very similar this time next year.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1563019)   #46
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that you see a lot of Rookies in the top 10 of any championship.

I wonder whether it's simply because we don't have the longevity in terms of 'semi-professional' teams, so nobody needs to be looking at youngsters at the moment. Why take a risk on the unknown when we've got a number of pretty handy drivers with milage under the belt available.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1563036)   #47
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the order isn't the same 911? scott and fogg weren't fighting for the championship at the end of last year? remember the caltex team wasn't as competitive as they are this year and all you guys were knocking them.

there are at least 9 drivers currently in the top 20 that have three or less seasons in the class... so i'm not sure what more you guys want? should we pick random people of the street with no racing experience and put them in a NZV8 to please you guys?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 06:43 (Ref:1563039)   #48
100 MPH
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
100 MPH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli
Not that you see a lot of Rookies in the top 10 of any championship.

I wonder whether it's simply because we don't have the longevity in terms of 'semi-professional' teams, so nobody needs to be looking at youngsters at the moment. Why take a risk on the unknown when we've got a number of pretty handy drivers with milage under the belt available.
Guys, I may have missed something, but surely all those rookies (arguably including the all black 'junior development squad') have a great option with the First Windows & Doors NZV8s Development Series?? It's less expensive, has some great racing, and is there for drivers to upskill and prove themselves - then build into the next level and compete in Tier One. The Parker ENZED NZV8s is billed as NZ's foremost circuit racing championship, so surely that's where NZ's most experienced drivers should compete? IMHO, I think there's a few competing in tier one who should seriously consider switching to tier two next year.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 06:58 (Ref:1563053)   #49
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the comments about development series - that is the place to learn not at the first level championship

there are sure a number in Parker ENZED field who would benefit from a season in development class (if their egos allow) and I suggest it would be more satisfying for some of them
Old 28 Mar 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1563088)   #50
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie
I agree with the comments about development series - that is the place to learn not at the first level championship

there are sure a number in Parker ENZED field who would benefit from a season in development class (if their egos allow) and I suggest it would be more satisfying for some of them
Very true, but most of the first level are self funded in some sort of contra deal.

Too me, there is no hope of siging someone from tier 2 to tier 1, all NZ is doing is following the aussie way, how many times has the tier 2 field been merged with another class to provide something of a race? Too many classes for NZ to afford, trucks have lost there shine, porsche very good, toyota thing snooze.

They were on to a good thing with the NZv8s I say bring in the brutes, cheap entry level and exciting enough to draw crowds, what say you people?
Closed Thread