Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Mar 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1563751)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have had a look at the full times and there breakdown on MST and its looks as if the BMW and Gav Smith where quickest through the speed gun. Which is very interesting.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1564095)   #27
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
I actually quite like the new Vauxhall livery as it's a refreshing change from years of red and white, and the green isn't in your face at all.
I think after looking at a few pics, it's growing on me! And Fiona's car looks better out on the track than at Autosport, I reckon it's nicer than VX.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1564115)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite a good entry overall. Nice to see an Alfa and a BMW on the grid, but a shame Arena and HPI are missing. If those 2 TBAs come off we've got a really strong field.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1564116)   #29
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Quite a good entry overall. Nice to see an Alfa and a BMW on the grid, but a shame Arena and HPI are missing. If those 2 TBAs come off we've got a really strong field.
TD have already confirmed Howell will be doing the first 4 rounds so that's 18 cars already confirmed for the first round! If the WSR comes off it will be a bonus and I reckon we will see 20 cars before the season is out!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1565173)   #30
Dicky Mint
Rookie

Dicky Mint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arriving Later in season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide

We will be joining later in the season with the 307, probably Donington, we are still waiting for some parts to arrive so I have not been out in it yet. We have done a significant amount to the car but I still want to make sure we can do a respectable job with it. I don't think you will all be aware but I have never tested a BTCC car. I have only ever driven them on the race weekends, which makes it very hard to do yourself justice. This I need to change and will be doing so this year. When we arrive at Donington I will have had enough time in the car to satisfy myself I know what it is going to do and I have set it up to how I like it.

I / we are taking this a serious as possible, I have spent all my BTCC time in a car that was not suitable for the job and this has done my reputation no favours at all. I know the Pug is no Integra but I also have not got enough budget to buy one so we have to make do.

We plan to make this a learning year for myself and the team and we are confident we can run further up the grid this year, Lets face it we can't be any worse than my last team. We will have the benefit of still being able to test and will therefore go to Brands after the race weekend to see where our times stack up. We expect to be OK, if we are not then we will look to change the car, however we have several respected BTCC engineers telling us that should not be the case.

Once we are out come and see us and I will show around what we have done and just how bl**dy hard it is to do well at this level!!

Hope I can prove a few of you doubters wrong, If I don't I will be the first to criticise myself and I may take up knitting. In fact someone bring some needles and wool to Donny just in case!!

Rich Marsh
Old 30 Mar 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1565327)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Muller's gone but I'm glad Thompson is back and Plato is still doing the rounds. Also Giovanardi will be good. What happened to Eaves and Gareth Howell?
Old 30 Mar 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1565330)   #32
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Muller's gone but I'm glad Thompson is back and Plato is still doing the rounds. Also Giovanardi will be good. What happened to Eaves and Gareth Howell?
Focus luke, focus! http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...16#post1564116

Eaves has no drive this year, Halfords now sponsor TD not him.

And Luke Hines in British GT before you ask.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1565342)   #33
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Hazza I'm drozzy, parce ferme will explain things...
Old 30 Mar 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1565396)   #34
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking on BTCC Pages forums, and straight from the horses mouth, Gareth Howell said the journalists jumped the gun a bit and the deal for him to race in the first few meetings is not done yet, but is being worked on.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1565408)   #35
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
big respect to Richard for coming on here to update us, it is evident that he is funding the drive himself. Can see where he is coming from regarding John Batchelor/B&Q/whatever other name as that Civic was bad and did nothing for a driver. have to say going with Julian Griffin, frying pans and fires come to mind, I know budget comes into it but surely another well established succesful squad could have run the car

still all the best
Old 30 Mar 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1565485)   #36
Dicky Mint
Rookie

Dicky Mint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland
big respect to Richard for coming on here to update us, it is evident that he is funding the drive himself. Can see where he is coming from regarding John Batchelor/B&Q/whatever other name as that Civic was bad and did nothing for a driver. have to say going with Julian Griffin, frying pans and fires come to mind, I know budget comes into it but surely another well established succesful squad could have run the car

still all the best
I understand your thinking, and you are right it is initially a budget based decision. However with my experience I feel it is still right to persue this approach (WSR car would be wasted on me this year even though I accept I would learn an enormous amount off those guys). I am actually part of the team with plans to grow it around me.

There are two types of teams out there, those who can run a car (of which there are varying capabilities here) and those who can run and develop a car (WSR, 888, TD etc). We are setting our stall out to initially be able to run a car well. We will probably switch to S2000 for next year although that is still not clear as we aint targeting outright wins lets be honest.

Once we have aquired suffucient assets to run a car well and can start planning in September what we are doing next year then we can start to grow our team. Trying to follow someone like Mike Jordan would not be a bad bench mark and ultimately trying to stay around as long as TD is our goal. Incremental steps year on year is what we are striving for.

I would love to phone up WSR and get in one of their cars, the learning curve for me would be unreal and the experience second to none, however I aint got the money so I can't do it.

Building the team is also motivational to me and Julian, that in some way is equally as rewarding.

Like I said previously, come and see us and we will show you some of the things we are talking about. When you see how hard the teams work to sometimes achieve nothing you will respect the smaller teams more I assure you. What Mark Proctor did last year on his budget was nothing short of a miracle and it looks like he is on a similar sort of business plan to ourselves. I hope we can still beat him though!!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1565495)   #37
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Thanks for the clarification Richard. Hope to see you out there ASAP and good luck for 2006.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1566314)   #38
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone spotted the picture on the home page of btccpages??

I count 18 drivers!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1566341)   #39
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS
Has anyone spotted the picture on the home page of btccpages??

I count 18 drivers!
That's not the same photo as on the official site. Notice Gareth Howell has snuck into the middle row (far left)! He has already said his participation is not confirmed though. And all 3 SEAT drivers are in that photo.

But Kaye will take the total up to 17 for the first round... Hopefully plus 3rd TD and 3rd WSR cars too.