Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 May 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1611712)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I got a sneaking feeling that tracy Krohn will be heading back to the Alms with a couple of RS Spyders ..... something I read but cant remember where . It wasnt mentioned specifically about a RS Spyder , but a hint about Alms was mentioned .

Maybe together with Petersen ?
Old 16 May 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1611732)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plenty of rich Porsche enthusiats in Japan!
Old 16 May 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1611816)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I got a sneaking feeling that tracy Krohn will be heading back to the Alms with a couple of RS Spyders ..... something I read but cant remember where . It wasnt mentioned specifically about a RS Spyder , but a hint about Alms was mentioned .

Maybe together with Petersen ?
http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=1977
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 May 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1612417)   #29
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome backk in the LMP675 / LMP 900 times. There is no real differnece in buying costs and running costs between both classes any more. The only differnece is that a LMP2 normaly will not win in general in Le Mans and you havent to race against Audi
Old 17 May 2006, 10:42 (Ref:1612435)   #30
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Welcome backk in the LMP675 / LMP 900 times. There is no real differnece in buying costs and running costs between both classes any more. The only differnece is that a LMP2 normaly will not win in general in Le Mans and you havent to race against Audi
I don’t understand the connection between your posting and customer RS Spyder´s…….
Old 17 May 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1612447)   #31
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
I don’t understand the connection between your posting and customer RS Spyder´s…….
I guess it comes down to whether you think you could get and run a competitve LMP1 for RS Spyder money. The key bit here is competitive - I'd guess you'd have to spend that bit more to compete with Audi/Peugeot etc whereas an RS Spyder should get you to the front of LMP2.

The big difference between now and 900/675 days is that there isn't supposed to be any equivalency between the classes - nothing I've seen so far convinces me that a well sorted LMP1 still won't be comfortably quicker than a similarly put together LMP2 will be.
Old 17 May 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1612539)   #32
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no doubt that the Porsche is a pricy bit of kit compared to a Radical for instance - however as others have pointed out it should command a higher retail price should you wish to sell it, combined with the extra support at races by porsche and the likely upgrades they will make available for it. Also selling your car to sponsors is much easier with a porsche than with any other car.......

However, i am not convinced that it is a better car than the Radical as the porker still seems to have woeful reliability which a year into the programme should have been sorted. Plus i assume that it was designed with the ALMS races in mind which are of a shorter duration that the LMS (not that it has fininished many of them either)....to sum up the porsche is probably the class of the lmp2 field BUTi see no reason that privateer lola/radical/courage chassis cannot compete with a privateer porsche IMO porsche and acura should not be allowed to race virtually manufacturer entries into lmp2 - leave that to lmp1.

My understanding is also that lmp1 / 2 are fairly close in terms of power to weight ratio (the R8 did set fastest lap at Houston and was generally faster last year), however at certain tracks (tight twisty ones mainly) the greater mass of an lmp1 will count against it and a n/a lmp2 should be competitive as they are generally more nimble cars. The problem so far this year is that most of the lmp1 field are new cars and are experiencing major problems and are not showing there true potential...
Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1627801)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Noël Del Bello is on the list for buying a Porsche LMP2 for next season. Source: www.racingworld.be

Last edited by FIRE; 5 Jun 2006 at 18:33.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1657626)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Als Teamchef ohne Team tauchte Rob Schirle am Nürburgring auf. Nach der Trennung vom Team Modena ist Cirtek von den Entry-Lists verschwunden.
Offener äußerte er sich über seine Planung 2007: "Wir wollen mit einem Prototyp in der Le Mans Series fahren. Einem LMP2 aus Deutschland"
Source: www.projectlemans.de

So Cirtek wants to run a Porsche Spyder next season.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1657707)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So do I?

That would be great, although I prefer some new teams. Perhaps someone will take over Cirtek's cars?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1658359)   #36
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There should be at least one new team running RS Spyders, Manthey Racing.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1658368)   #37
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
So do I?

That would be great, although I prefer some new teams. Perhaps someone will take over Cirtek's cars?
Which Cirtek cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
There should be at least one new team running RS Spyders, Manthey Racing.
Did Olaf know this too?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1658389)   #38
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my money i feel would be inching towards horag or autorlando running an RS spyder next year in the ALMS or the LMS maybe even alex job racing or petersen white lightning but great news to see del bello noel having a car i loved their little courage C65 mecachrome from 2005 it looked wonderful and its great news
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1658487)   #39
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz.lmp1
Did Olaf know this too?
When potential Spyder customers crop up, Manthey's always mentioned.

Not many obvious candidates out there.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1658600)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive heard Cirtek being mentioned with respect to the Spyder RS , along with Konrad , Petersen , Flying Lizards and Manthey and Del Bello . Any of them true ?

I personally reckon on a partnership between Petersen and Krohn . Just a feeling is all .

Last edited by The Badger; 17 Jul 2006 at 21:11.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 06:17 (Ref:1658823)   #41
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that in the next season we´ll would see Manthey Racing in FIA-GT -maybe at Le Mans like in 1999- and the Deutsche Langstreckenmeisterschaft on the Nürburgring.