Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 13 Aug 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1680962)   #26
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I do agree that his pit stop and when the yellow came out was a significant break for Marco...

But he was in the hunt all day long, deejay....
Well he was running in the top 10, but there were at least 5 cars who were clearly faster all day. I don't think he was ever going to win on merit, and even when given a golden opportunity didn't take it. So...
Old 6 Sep 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1703503)   #27
ZXRobert
Rookie

ZXRobert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, everyone. Longtime lurker that's rediscovered the site. Forgot how knowledgeable the posters are and how informative this site can be.

I've held Danica in high esteem and, like most, hope she does well; I do think she's unduly scrutinized more than other drivers, and unfairly held to a higher standard. I think there's a natural tendency to correlate media coverage with success, so there's kind of a chicken/egg thing going on with that. She hasn't exactly "helped" her cause, with contributing to the (over)exposure of herself. Not that it's a bad thing, but it has its price. Not knowing all of the details of course, turning your back on the team that jumpstarted your career looks rather tacky, as well. IMO.

I want to mention something regarding the Indy500; it's been a few years, and I've forgotten the exact details, but I believe the caution that took her out of 16th(?) and put her in a position to make a move, was in fact due to an accident that was caused be Danica herself. She got squirrely on the straightaway, or coming out of a corner, and brushed someone into a spin, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that particular caution was a major boon for her. I found it odd that it was never mentioned thereafter.

Anyhow, best of luck to her.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1705169)   #28
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
jethro10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXRobert

I want to mention something regarding the Indy500; it's been a few years, and I've forgotten the exact details, but I believe the caution that took her out of 16th(?) and put her in a position to make a move, was in fact due to an accident that was caused be Danica herself. She got squirrely on the straightaway, or coming out of a corner, and brushed someone into a spin, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that particular caution was a major boon for her. I found it odd that it was never mentioned thereafter.

Anyhow, best of luck to her.
Yes, indeed your right. Remember it well.
J
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1710299)   #29
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica's new ride has now been officially unveiled - SpeedTV.com has the story.

Looks pretty cool, but then again, I have a thing for primarily black paint schemes

Also worth noting in the article is that AGR confirms they indeed will return with four drivers next year.