Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 5 Sep 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1702299)   #26
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefe
So will Herta ever get asked this and his data checked to see if he did this on purpose for his teammate?
And risk taking a win from Marco and giving it to a Scotsman who's probably leaving the series??? Unlikely....
Old 5 Sep 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1702431)   #27
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So then, in my opinion, if the series itself doesn't look into stuff like this and pass out some penalties accordingly if appropriate, the series itself is not too troubled by its own credibility suffering because of its own inaction. Am I the only one that troubles - imagine how it must feel to be that Scotsman. Sorry, but that really sucks.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1702630)   #28
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're going to believe Robin Miller of all people?
Rumors are rumors and nothing more than that. I completely think that the accusation that Herta spun out on purpose is false. Although Herta is the lowest on the Andretti-Green totem pole, I don't think he would agree to just ending his race so that his team can get a good finish. I think Marco would have been just fine on fuel until the end of the race.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1702645)   #29
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't necessarily believe Robin Miller, but I don't disbelieve the other racers who are wondering about the spin either.
One way to find out in my opinion - check the data. Question is will they?
In my opinion, they owe it to Marco to do just that and remove the question mark above his head about this win, as well as to the other racers showing them they will infact look into something like this.
I think Marco's a bright talent and thought so after I saw him race at Mosport last year. He should not be treated as though he needed this from his teammate - he will win lots just fine and dandy on his very own in my opinion.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1703233)   #30
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1703824)   #31
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There are team tactics at play in this series. There's also some bad blood between the Ganassi drivers and the AGR drivers. There was even talk from AGR drivers of getting even with the Ganassi boys after Michigan - where lapped Dixon helped Wheldon to the detriment of AGR drivers.

Quote from Tony Kanaan:

Quote:
"I don't think Team 7-Eleven had the car to win, but we had a car to finish third. Ganassi put (Scott) Dixon between Dan (Wheldon) and myself. They are going for a championship and we are going for race wins. We have two superspeedway races remaining and AGR has four cars for the payback.
Payback!

Now that could mean that Herta wouldn't be above doing something in the race. But it also would mean that the Ganassi drivers wouldn't be shy about throwing out accusations.
Old 7 Sep 2006, 04:17 (Ref:1703924)   #32
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
Whats the link on this quote..?