Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

View Poll Results: The best club
BRSCC 0 0%
BARC 23 100.00%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1708908)   #26
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gimme slicks any day. As for getting rid of them, there is a tyre dump a Lydden which they use to rebuild tyre walls. As for the club issue, I cant really say, as in all my 15 years racing, I have only dealt with the BARC
Old 12 Sep 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1708924)   #27
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
No F3/GT at MSV circuits next year, though!
No JP and SR have had a disagreement.

I have had experience with both clubs and I have to say I'd pick BARC anyday.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1709097)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poll results are hilarious. Currently 100% in favour of one of the above clubs

I'd pick BARC over BRSCC having seen how both run their meetings, but I'd say 750MC beat them both.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1709132)   #29
barry johnson
Rookie

barry johnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What everybody has overlooked is the plight of the club racer who wants to do lots of events on his local circuit. When I started in 1970 a club organising a meeting at Brands would have a comprehensive list of invited clubs thus saving the competitor a fortune in membership fees. Next year on my return I shall be out in the Swinging Sixties organised by the Classic Sports Car Club to whose meetings are invited the BARC , BRSCC and another 11 clubs, making 13 in all where club members do not have to join the CSCC. Does this work the other way round ? fraid not, my car would be eligable to race in the CTCC historics but have been informed that to do any rounds with them I would have to join the BARC which if I am correct is £180. If you join the CSCC its about half that and if you join early you get a years subscription to T & RC magazine ( which I take anyway ) so my total spend as a competitor is about £35, you have to agree that value for money. So why cant the big clubs sort themselves out to do the same or is it a case of their more interested in their income than the welfare of club racing competitors, having seen the diminishing grids this year whoever said that one might vanish could be quite right.A reply from the major clubs would be interesting but not expected.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1709349)   #30
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the BRSCC's defence (!) they do actually invite other clubs cars to their meetings for certain series. One example being the LMA Euro Saloons.

Also the CSCC only run a very restricted set of regs and series. This presumably means they don't have anything like the number of admin staff as the BARC and BRSCC, and a lot of cars couldn't take up the very kind offer anyway.

Membership the BARC is 'only' about £95 by the way.

Other than the above, yeah you are right. Being big SHOULD be more efficient and hence cheaper but the smaller clubs seem to destroy the big one on 'value'. And no, some pretty full colour magazine every couple of months ISN'T worth the extra money! I'd also rather pay full price for TRC.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:16 (Ref:1709357)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
£85 I think unless they have stuck it up another tenner.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1709621)   #32
barry johnson
Rookie

Just checked BARC membership £90 CTCC membership £85 all to do one or two races, as I said their invited to CSCC meetings how about reciprocation, Im sure they would rather have my two entry fees in the bank than not.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1709626)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Talk to the CTRCC if you only want to do a couple of rounds or so, I am sure they will give you a good reduction, they did me last year. Oh and you don't get free hog roasts and beer from the BARC membership that you do with CTRCC plus other goodies through the season.

hey those CSCC mettings are expensive to enter though ar'nt they?

Last edited by Al Weyman; 13 Sep 2006 at 15:31.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1709661)   #34
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless I'm mistaken, Al, you have to be a member of the BARC to race with the CTCRC. So you're paying the £90 just to have the opportunity to pay your £85 for membership / registration / hog-roast donation.

I quite fancied doing a pre-93 round this year (although that won't happen now for a couple of reasons not related to money or clubs) but was a little put off by the £85 registration fee on top of the BARC membership I already have. I notice that the club offers a second-driver membership of £25 (tho I can only recall one two-driver CTCRC race in the last couple of years), perhaps they mean this to be a club fee for "one-off" racers?

I like the approach that DTRC has - no entry fee and you can come out and play as long as you're a member of some club somewhere. I understand that with more and more racers picking and choosing events clubs want to keep their drivers loyal, but there's a danger that registration fees will become a barrier to those who only want to race occasionally and get the most from the hard-earned. If you only intend to compete a handful of times a year than the size of that registration fee or club membership becomes ever more important.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1709667)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Trust me this time of year the CTRCC would have sorted you out for £25, speak to John W (he may have other news you don't know about which addresses some of this). That would take you to the end of the year, the BARC (which you still have to belong to for DTRC) is for a membership from the day you take it out till the same day the following year.

I know what you mean however but when I was running ModProds we charged about £30 or £40 and all that money was taken up organising things and newsletters etc no one had their finger in the pie trust me and if there was any left over we would by something for the club like the EazyUp Marqee much as the CTRCC club does now. I will add to this later in the week when the CTRCC do something else for the members but it is not for me to annouce it.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 13 Sep 2006 at 16:49.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1709785)   #36
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
I'm sure that something could have been sorted, but I realised quite a while ago the car wouldn't be ready for Snetterton (and I'm being proved right, unfortunately) so I didn't do any more than look at the website.

IIRC you can race in the DTRC for no registration fee, and as a member of any club, not just the BARC. It makes it easy for people to try before they buy, as it were - doing a single race before committing to a season (what I was hoping to do at the end of this year with pre-93).
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1709797)   #37
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teej and Barry
If you ever want to try a round of Pre-93 or indeed any of the CTCRC Championships, just call the club or PM me.

BTW the £85 annual registration enables you to join in any of the six CTCRC championships (assuming that your car complies).

Just to confirm , the CTCRC is a club run by the members for the members. No fingers in pies here.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1709798)   #38
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
That would take you to the end of the year, the BARC (which you still have to belong to for DTRC)
You do not have to pay a registration fee or belong to BARC. You just need to be a member of a MSA car club. Some people who race in the DTRC are members, but others belong to borough 19 and i am a member of SEMSEC
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1709816)   #39
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
Teej and Barry
If you ever want to try a round of Pre-93 or indeed any of the CTCRC Championships, just call the club or PM me.
Will do. I've just re-read my previous post and it sounds like I might be saying that I won't be doing a pre-93 round this year because of problems with a club or a registration fee - that's not the case, I simply don't have a car ready right now.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 14 Sep 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1709989)   #40
barry johnson
Rookie

Alan the CSCC entry fee for Snetterton is £245 thats for 20 min practise and 40 min race I dont think thats bad for 1hr on track, perhaps you could quote other club entry fees and times.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1710043)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its fine Barry unless like me you are (a) not fit enough to fight with 500 plus bhp for 40 minutes or (b) don't have a big enough fuel tank at around 4mpg so as both (a) & (b) apply to me 20 minute races are the max I want to do in fact I like the DTRC 2 sprints format with rolling starts (often) even better.

Oh CTRCC have just announced each member will receive a beautiful embroidered polo shirt worth £12 plus completly free of charge which I can say now they have announced it so they definitely use the funds for the members benifit.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1710491)   #42
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DT&R at Lydden last Saturday was £130 for 15 minutes practice, an 8 minute race (11 laps) and a 12 minute race (16 or 17 laps). No registration fee, but you must belong to an MSA recognised club. At the end of the year, there is a rebate (to offset the more expensive rounds) depending on the number you do. This is similar to what BARC HQ offer, as a loyalty bonus.
Incidentally Lydden had quite a few spectators on the 9th, thanks to pre meeting publicity.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1710724)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You are doing a great job Rod, keep it up!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1712011)   #44
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Al, nice to know the hard work is appreciated.