Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1942325)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
During the Sunday press conference at EC (the one that got TC into trouble), TC tried valiantly to explain how OS events helped with attracting sponsors to the championship.

Apparently the only reason Vodafone joined 888 was because of the overseas events and tv deals. Seems pretty odd considering the strength of vodafones motorsport and non motorsport deals both internationally and domestically across the world, especially Europe.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 20 Jun 2007 at 08:49.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1942422)   #27
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
Just saw this article, very relevant to this discussion.
http://www.cupscene.com/061907nascar1.htm
IMO would be good to see the V8's and NASCAR form the one event, Bahrain has way to much $$$.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1942459)   #28
dean11
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide
dean11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

watch for singapore to be added to the calender for next year....no more china.
Bahrain is still on but will be run with a different track configuration.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1942592)   #29
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
IMO V8's are great once outside Aus/NZ but i think anymore than that will be crappy, when we have good capable circuits here in Aus/NZ and it would deprive us Aus/NZ fans of seeing the racing, but as stated before Cocho dosn't give a flying about us the ones who vote with our feet all he cares about is the ones that vote with their remotes.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 01:48 (Ref:1943024)   #30
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an F1 DVD from a few years ago which includes an interview with Peter Windsor. He said that major motorsport has 2 audiences, TV and trackside. One is of supreme importance and the other is there to make the pictures look better.
That is the way of the world now a days.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 03:35 (Ref:1943043)   #31
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean11
watch for singapore to be added to the calender for next year....no more china.
Bahrain is still on but will be run with a different track configuration.
The Grand Prix layout? That would be much cooler. And Singapore? On the streets, or this new Changi track yet to be built? They wouldn't close streets in Singapore for a V8 event would they?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 05:04 (Ref:1943061)   #32
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
I have an F1 DVD from a few years ago which includes an interview with Peter Windsor. He said that major motorsport has 2 audiences, TV and trackside. One is of supreme importance and the other is there to make the pictures look better.
That is the way of the world now a days.
Pete is right, and the ones that are to make the picture look good are making the surpreme importance audience grow as well.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 06:12 (Ref:1943087)   #33
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BIC officials have said no to the GP layout but said there will be a new layout that is apparently longer than last year and very very exciting. I guess time will tell
Old 21 Jun 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1943194)   #34
BJAY
Racer

Australia
Canberra, Australia
BJAY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
The Grand Prix layout? That would be much cooler. And Singapore? On the streets, or this new Changi track yet to be built? They wouldn't close streets in Singapore for a V8 event would they?
F1 will stage a GP on the streets of Singapore from next year, their first night race. Maybe the V8's could jump onto that.

This is what the track will look like:
http://blogf1.co.uk/images/Circuits/...ore%20City.jpg
Old 22 Jun 2007, 00:19 (Ref:1943812)   #35
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAY
F1 will stage a GP on the streets of Singapore from next year, their first night race. Maybe the V8's could jump onto that.

Good thinking. That track looks great!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1943832)   #36
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
BIC officials have said no to the GP layout but said there will be a new layout that is apparently longer than last year and very very exciting. I guess time will tell
they would say that, they arn't going to say it's dull, but as you said time will tell.

Quote:

looks good wouldn't mind seeing the V8's race there.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 02:14 (Ref:1943851)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
they would say that, they arn't going to say it's dull, but as you said time will tell.
Absolutley, both Whittaker and Cochrane did seem like they were really trying to sell the idea, almost pleading with the the guys in the media room that the new track was the creation of god.

So yeah I wouldnt be expecting much. Actually the whole tone of the topic was one, "please can you right some stories that make the event look good, come on, come on.........."

Obviously still concerned about the hit the image of the event took after 06.

Quote:
Didnt the dribbler say that running on the f1 bill was not an option for him.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 04:02 (Ref:1943881)   #38
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Absolutley, both Whittaker and Cochrane did seem like they were really trying to sell the idea, almost pleading with the the guys in the media room that the new track was the creation of god.

So yeah I wouldnt be expecting much. Actually the whole tone of the topic was one, "please can you right some stories that make the event look good, come on, come on.........."

Obviously still concerned about the hit the image of the event took after 06

well if they have to do that BS why even bother about it, do something that the media will write great stuff about and you won't have to do anything but go along with it, but i supose it is impossible to do such a thing with this category hasn't done it in a long time probably not ever.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 09:51 (Ref:1944067)   #39
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If said class of racing has the top 10-15 vehicles 1-2 secs apart, then does'nt said class require cicuits to can bring the best in motor racing ?

Hmmmm

Race where you want, but not a procesion of cars.