Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2001, 22:02 (Ref:93016)   #26
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

I seem to recall Eero once asking you why you don't pick on a driver who has no future...yes Moffat, why is that?

I believe I nominated Fishysmella.

Liz likes Button Spice.

Alesi is deserving of a few pot shots...

Fretzen???

Blondie??

AMoffat???
Old 16 May 2001, 10:59 (Ref:93145)   #27
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

I seem to recall Eero once asking you why you don't pick on a driver who has no future...yes Moffat, why is that?

(I can name many drivers who have never won a race and I would not mind one little bit if you pick on them )

Why don't I pick on a driver of limitted future? But Steph my dear, I do already.

You can name drivers who have never won a race. Yes, and up to five weeks ago Ralf was the prime candidate.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:04 (Ref:93148)   #28
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

I believe I nominated Fishysmella.

Liz likes Button Spice.

Alesi is deserving of a few pot shots...

Fretzen???

Blondie??

AMoffat???
Yes Yes I'm awake stop yelling dammit.

Fishysmella, the weakest link in the GP grid. How can I dislike the guy, there's nothing to aim for is there.

With Ralf you have people believing he is the messiah, when really he's just a naughty little boy.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:56 (Ref:93169)   #29
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well now that I finally have your attention, Muff, its not that we don't appreciate your persistent muck-raking, slander and general all-rund surlieness directed toward Ralf, but I anxiously await a broadening of your repitoire.
Old 16 May 2001, 12:05 (Ref:93174)   #30
Airhead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Well now that I finally have your attention, Muff, its not that we don't appreciate your persistently brilliant, insightful and general helpful comments directed toward Ralf, but I anxiously await a broadening of your repitoire.
Umm, seeing as you have put it that way....

I'll start attacking Ralf on a holistic level, on his ability as a human being rather than just a driver. There's endless material here.
Old 16 May 2001, 20:08 (Ref:93337)   #31
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Moff, I'm with Eero - I think you should pick on Fisichella. He's pretty second-rate.

I shall have an extra-large humble pie ready for you for when Ralf wins the championship.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 May 2001, 21:25 (Ref:93371)   #32
Airhead
Veteran

Honey I'd be skeletal by then. You'd have to but it through a blender and spoon feed me
Old 17 May 2001, 01:30 (Ref:93436)   #33
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat

Umm, seeing as you have put it that way....

I'll start worshipping Ralf as he has ascended to a Holy level. His abilities transcend the abilities of a mere human being or any other driver. There's endless potential here.
Moffat, what an odd turn you have taken...
Old 17 May 2001, 03:30 (Ref:93471)   #34
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Moffat, just a quick word... I personally have grown quite fond of Ralfie, but I would probably listen somewhat more sympatheticly to your erm, tirade... if you didnt happen to be a DC fan! Now, if you can come up with a few critiques of Ralf that don't apply just as well (or even better) to DC... well then, but I doubt you can.
Old 17 May 2001, 04:42 (Ref:93481)   #35
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

Hold on just a minute there. Fisichella in a Williams would outperform Ralf (he did in a Jordan in '97). In a McLaren he would take poles and win races. In a Ferrari he would be a STRONG no. 2.

You're judging the driver by his team. You'll see, if and when Renault gets the Benetton honking.

Last edited by Roy2; 17 May 2001 at 04:44.
Old 17 May 2001, 11:40 (Ref:93542)   #36
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Roy. Fisichella had Ralf beaten when they were team-mates at Jordan, in fact, he has outperformed all his team-mates in his F1 career. Don't devalue him just because he's in a cr*p car!
Old 17 May 2001, 14:27 (Ref:93577)   #37
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true - look at Fisi this season, completely outperforming the Boy Wonder. He just gets his head down and does the job, if a little inconsistently.
Old 17 May 2001, 16:29 (Ref:93638)   #38
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we recommend Moffy to pick on Button Spice
Old 17 May 2001, 17:15 (Ref:93653)   #39
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah!!! Remember how Fisichella also used to beat the stuffing out of Wurz! Yeah! He really showed him who's boss! As far as the Ralfie-Fisi matchup goes, that was years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, Ralfie is one of the most improved and matured drivers (relative to his early stuff)
Old 17 May 2001, 17:39 (Ref:93662)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anybody else wants to go the Fisy's party ?

But somebody must tell Flavio that this guy rocks, before he loses the greatest driver he ever had in his team !
Old 17 May 2001, 17:41 (Ref:93663)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Fisichella had Ralf beaten when they were team-mates at Jordan
I'd say the rate at which Ralf has matured and improved as a driver has been much quicker than Fisichella (not that I'm biased or anything ), which is why Ralf is the one in the good car and the one who was first to win a race. If Fisichella was so fantastic, wouldn't he be driving for a better team (let's face it, Benetton haven't really done much since TGF left, have they?)?

But Moff can feel free to pick on Button Spice as well.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 May 2001, 18:07 (Ref:93680)   #42
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
...there was barely 30 seconds of Prost and Benetton footage...
Great show... You can see them every time they get passed !!!... or wait 2 minutes more and you'll see both Prosts reaching the finish line...