Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4090507)   #476
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Hopefully 2022 is an even season with Alpine, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, and maybe others being equally matched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
This definitely for me. I'm looking to see Sainz, Leclerc, Gasly, Norris et al rising to the occasion from next season. We can all hope eh?
Agree - it would be great if we had that.

I doubt though that it will be any more than 2-3 truly competitive teams at the front, with the odd high point result from others, if history is any guide but that is a vast improvement over the one-sided Mercedes playing field that has only partially been levelled this year.

Make no mistake, Mercedes is a very good team and all of them have worked very hard to be at the pinnacle and stay there but they WERE given an inadvertent free kick by the governing body with the engine freeze at the start of the hybrid era, that put them a long way out in front of the others and certainly built them a virtually unassailable foundation.

We've seen dominant periods from this team or that before now but it really is time for this one to end.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 23:29 (Ref:4090512)   #477
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
We've seen dominant periods from this team or that before now but it really is time for this one to end.
I would have agreed until #masigate. Now I’m hoping for Hamilton to win 20 races with Russell second and Russell to win 3 races with Hamilton second.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 23:50 (Ref:4090514)   #478
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
History shows that it is normal for one team to be much better than others in the first year of any new formula.
It’s anyone’s guess who that will be but it’s usually a single original design concept that wins the battle then others catch up.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4090520)   #479
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
History shows that it is normal for one team to be much better than others in the first year of any new formula.
It’s anyone’s guess who that will be but it’s usually a single original design concept that wins the battle then others catch up.
Merc do however come with a stonking engine and gearbox which is likely to make up for a lot of short comings or provide complete dominance - again.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 01:50 (Ref:4090526)   #480
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I would have agreed until #masigate. Now I’m hoping for Hamilton to win 20 races with Russell second and Russell to win 3 races with Hamilton second.
Nice to see you visit us Toto.
But seriously I wonder why anyone would want 23 one team domination races.It would do nothing to change any wrong you perceive from the past.Max would still be 2021 World Champion.All it would do is give us a year of boring Grand Prix where you know the winner before P1 starts and cause massive commercial damage to the sport.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 02:02 (Ref:4090528)   #481
M Jones
Rookie

M Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As stated above, most likely one team will dominate as they will find something that makes them significantly faster before the others can catch up. Hopefully its Merc as they will have 2 drivers who can be fast and will make it interesting. There was a big difference in speed between sergio and max during most of the season, so hopefully not them.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4090567)   #482
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Jones View Post
As stated above, most likely one team will dominate as they will find something that makes them significantly faster before the others can catch up. Hopefully its Merc as they will have 2 drivers who can be fast and will make it interesting. There was a big difference in speed between sergio and max during most of the season, so hopefully not them.
Would that make it interesting though if Lewis and George run away and hide in races? An interesting battle between teammates perhaps, but what we really need is to have Ferrari, McLaren and perhaps one other team right on the money from the outset. That would make it interesting.....
Old 20 Dec 2021, 00:21 (Ref:4090619)   #483
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Hoping if it's a one team Brawn like jump in 2022 it's someone like Alpine or McLaren.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 00:28 (Ref:4090621)   #484
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Hoping if it's a one team Brawn like jump in 2022 it's someone like Alpine or McLaren.
Lets let Brawn do it again... well Mercedes as it is known these days
Old 20 Dec 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4090650)   #485
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lets let Brawn do it again... well Mercedes as it is known these days
Well Ross is now a free agent, so he could always come back and do it himself!
Old 23 Dec 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4091114)   #486
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just in time for Christmas, the W13 is fired up...

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/st...36575331889152

Old 25 Dec 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4091297)   #487
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice! Not news per say but are they out of the gate earlier then usual?

On the back of news that Ferrari will unveil their car before winter testing. Again not unusual, but the announcement to unveil is itself early?

Not surprising as the 2022s were pushed back a year so teams have had more time to develop but still encouraging to see the teams pushing hard already! Speaks to what could be a very intense season ahead!
Old 25 Dec 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4091305)   #488
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Nice! Not news per say but are they out of the gate earlier then usual?
The last five iterations were first fired up in February (or 29th Jan for one of them).
Old 26 Dec 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4091367)   #489
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The last five iterations were first fired up in February (or 29th Jan for one of them).
I would bet every iteration has been fired up on the Mercedes Benz HPE supercomputer a fair few times before one ounce of swarf was generated..

There are probably a fair few engineers in customer teams sweating on the size/packaging/workability/performance to become known to truly finalise the installation into their package too..
Old 27 Dec 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4091440)   #490
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's pretty clear that more people are into nationalism than formula one
Old 27 Dec 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4091442)   #491
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
???
Old 27 Dec 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4091461)   #492
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s today’s random hot take.

Old 27 Dec 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4091464)   #493
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Does that mean I should be cheering for the German team with an Austrian CEO/Principal and two English drivers?

Or the Austrian team with Japanese engines, an English Principal & Designer and Dutch/Mexican drivers?

Or the English team named after a New Zealander and which has an American CEO, German Principal & Engines and Aussie/English drivers?

...etc.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4091473)   #494
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Does that mean I should be cheering for the German team with an Austrian CEO/Principal and two English drivers?

Or the Austrian team with Japanese engines, an English Principal & Designer and Dutch/Mexican drivers?

Or the English team named after a New Zealander and which has an American CEO, German Principal & Engines and Aussie/English drivers?

...etc.

What a convoluted web Formula 1 weaves.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4091496)   #495
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

...etc.
I’m sure he meant drivers.
There was a hyped up nationalism this year in F1 that seemed very pronounced.It permeated the crowds,a lot of the Sky commentators and even Internet forums.More than I’ve ever noticed before although it has always been there.It seemed to be a subtext in everything from Max v Lewis to someone choosing Ricciardo as driver of the race no matter how dire his performance was.
The only team this really applies to is Ferrari.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 23:24 (Ref:4091509)   #496
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder why it was important that this point was made today in this thread?
Old 28 Dec 2021, 03:51 (Ref:4091517)   #497
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I wonder why it was important that this point was made today in this thread?
Christmas Cheer?
On the bright side it had us all thinking. Maybe.
Old 28 Dec 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4091538)   #498
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Overthinking, more like.....
Old 29 Dec 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4091707)   #499
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe the multiple posts wishing a mercedes runaway.... with two British drivers, with posts sprinkled around hoping for big things from lando as well... just confirms the meme: "location checks out".
Old 29 Dec 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4091713)   #500
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans