Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Oct 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2768094)   #476
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
As someone else suggested, put flashbacks to maximum and as soon as you get a puncture, hit pause and enter the instant replay, go to before the puncture, and press F12 for flashback and continue on puncture free.

Just another part of the games immersion to real life.
i'd already used them after being penalised for stuff i couldn't avoid, like sitting in a traffic jam at the Lowes hairpin on the 1st lap...

One thing i do love is the fact that if you are full throttle on the limiter in the pitlane right up to the point you turn in to your team, you will run your poor jackman over. Never witnessed that in a game before, even "proper" sims like GT4 and rfactor. I like that

Monaco has some issues tho. AI don't respect the pitlane exit and pull out right in front of you. They also hit the barrier on the way out, but at least they don't cause damage doing it.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2768123)   #477
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
AI don't respect the pitlane exit and pull out right in front of you.
You can do that to them as well They just haven't made it compulsory in F12010 to adhere to pit lines.

I did notice an interesting thing though in Monaco. If you DO stay within the lines, you can cut turn one as you would expect to be able to. If you don't, and pull back onto the track, then cutting turn one will get you a penalty.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2768263)   #478
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a very strange bug at my career race at Monaco, just put my Lotus on pole in the pouring rain and went to the race, the garage monitor said there was 0% of rain, but I could see it raining outside, when I went to the grid there was still rain, wich disapeared instantly just before the start(from very wet to completely dry in a blink of an eye)
Old 3 Oct 2010, 06:15 (Ref:2768546)   #479
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
Try again but on Ledgend and no TC
That's what it was on...
Old 3 Oct 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2768607)   #480
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still like this game a lot but I am disappointed in having to turn off the fuel simulation in 20% length races. It came to a head in Hungary where in practice and qualifying I was comfortably in the top ten in my Lotus. (professional difficulty) In the race I struggled to keep up with almost anyone and ended up finishing last! After reading comments on here about fuel simulation I decided to switch it off and raced in spa. I won pretty easily because now my acceleration and braking are equal.

It's a real shame as I like managing a car with full tanks but if I want to stay competitive (and I don't have the time or patience to do full length races) it will be staying off.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2768654)   #481
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its not just that, its how the game tries to manage AI compared to your performance. I do well in one race, next race my targets are 6 places further up and i can't even keep up with the Hispania cars. My results therefore suck, i go to the next race without changing a thing and suddenly i'm on pole. I spin on the 1st lap, end up dead last and still make it to 1st and end up just about to LAP a Williams as i finish a 40% race. Its really poor at judging you against its AI and over/under compensates wildly.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2768956)   #482
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know a few have mentioned this, a win in China then wayyyyyyyy of the pace in Spain, WTF is that about??

I know Catalunya very well from FM3 and struggle to get in the top 20!!!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2768993)   #483
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
You can have flags set to "RELAXED" or "REALISTIC" mate, think its at the bottom of the difficulty settings screen, before you leave the motorhome to go to the next session
Go to 'Grand Prix' and edit the options there.

Selby
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2769030)   #484
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
I know a few have mentioned this, a win in China then wayyyyyyyy of the pace in Spain, WTF is that about??

I know Catalunya very well from FM3 and struggle to get in the top 20!!!
Yup I've had that too.

I'm in a Mclaren in career mode now though and it seems to be much easier! It seems to be much easier to drive quickly than the Lotus.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 12:02 (Ref:2769048)   #485
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh I struggled in a bad, bad way round Catalunya in the Lotus. Had a horrible time.

Selby
Old 4 Oct 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2769118)   #486
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Yeh I struggled in a bad, bad way round Catalunya in the Lotus. Had a horrible time.

Selby
Same. The first race I turned down from 100% I loathed it so much.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2769232)   #487
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone actually done well at Cayalunya, i mean without making it p**s easy??

I sure haven't
Old 5 Oct 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2769590)   #488
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby

I kept spinning in the last chicane
Old 5 Oct 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2769629)   #489
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Last chicane was ok for me - 1st gear, feather throttle and flat through the last.

Selby
Old 5 Oct 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2769631)   #490
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow. Turned fuel off and I can actually keep up with the lead pack.

Wish it wasn't bugged though, prefer driving a car that evolves with it's fuel weight.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2769683)   #491
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
How do you mean, Knowlesy? Could you just explain a bit more? I havn't been following much of the bug talk.

Selby
Old 5 Oct 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2769702)   #492
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well if you have fuel usage on, you obviously start races with a heavy car but it seems the AI doesn't. I don't know if this is the case on races longer than the 20% I do though.

I believe Codies denied this bug existed, but then again they tell is that the cars are being timed properly in the races which is clearly bull****.

Anyhow, have moved onto season two and now with Williams. Much nicer car to drive than the Lotus and I now lead the championship after three podiums from three races so far.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2769709)   #493
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I believe Codies denied this bug existed, but then again they tell is that the cars are being timed properly in the races which is clearly bull****.
My MAin frustration is the slipstreaming affect. Its none existent. China prime example, 2nd longest straight in f1 and ive spun on lap 1 out of 5th at the second corner. Caught the pack going into the left hander before the never ending right hander that leads onto the back straight. I get right up chandock gearbox (slowest car in f1) im in a williams, I couldn't be more in the slipstream and at the earliest part of the straight and he begins to drive away from me relentlesly down the straight!!!!!

When i was in a lotus i was a sitting duck to mid-field cars down long straights so why is this different when roles reversed! I cant even slipstream my own team mate

Rant over
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2769863)   #494
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad I found out about the fuel one. Got sacked by Lotus after season 1 so took a job with Virgin, found out about the fuel and all of a suden hitting targets and scoring points.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2770014)   #495
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Dan is your fuel usage on or off? i found it made a massive difference to that, especially at China. I like the realistic way loads of the stands are empty on race day too...

Just completed my 1st 2 races online and found them dull and easy. I wasn't even trying that hard and blitzed these guys. Only reason i didn't win both was on the last lap of Abu "ewww i hate that track" Dhabi my option tyres suddenly went from fine to sod all grip and i spun on one of the myriad of pointless horrible chicanes. I did hit my 220mph target in the HRT tho
Old 6 Oct 2010, 08:01 (Ref:2770135)   #496
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I had a bit of fun using the alternative parts of track in Time Trials on some circuits. For instance, using all the old parts of Barcelona can be fun, including the Dunlop (?) Chicane.

Also on Korea at the 3rd hairpin, you can really reduce the angle and take the alternative exit. It's a bit of a more fun lap.

Selby
Old 6 Oct 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2770199)   #497
Crispy12
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crispy12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The final two corners around Barcelona are great if you do the 'old' layout. For some reason I actually quite like the fiddly chicane as I always seem to catch up with other cars through there but the two fast corners are far, far more fun.

I've also got to say I've grown respect for more of the circuits now having played them on the game. Sepang is great fun, challenging but not too hard, China is actually not bad though getting the braking for the hairpin right is tricky and I actually really enjoy Valencia. Monaco is a nightmare though, I need a lot more practice round there.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2770252)   #498
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I mentioned this somewhere in another thread, I just have a bit of a theory.

We're quite quick to dismiss new tracks because we havn't built a relationship with them. Hear me out. By relationship I mean viewing it on TV and viewing races, but also playing them in computer games. Now back in the day, we had an F1 game out yearly, without fail. We could then sample, first hand, what these tracks were about. Now we get the opportunity to sample some of the new tracks, and my opinion has changed on some. Extended Bahrain is good fun when you get in to a flow. Abu Dhabi has some good qualities about it. And the new Korean track is slightly hairpin overkill, but overall fun!

I also have another theory which kind of goes hand-in-hand: We need these Tilkedromes in a sense, because these classic tracks we love (generalising here) often contain the 'best kind of corner' in a sweeping, quick, dangerous curve. These dangerous curves used to be a challenge to drivers because of limited downforce and tyres that are a joke in comparison to todays glue-like rubber. In a modern day F1 car, corners like Eau Rouge and the 130R are now just easy, flat out, almost forgettable corners (if they were produced today, say). So in order to squeeze out some skill from the driver, we need to replicate what they did back then - Make the driver have to dab the breaks and choose a correct line. This would make sense as to why we now have more 'medium' speed corners in which say, a Red bull can nearly take flat out, in comparison to a load of fast curves that all the cars will be able to take flat without lifting. That's not a challenge, whereas having to dab some breaks and feather throttle is.

I hope that makes sense?

Selby
Old 6 Oct 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2770299)   #499
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I hate driving all the Tilke tracks bar Valencia. Turkey is OK. Other than that... I mean Korea is the worst of the lot IMO. Unbelievably dull.

Just had an odd one at Monaco. Took pole with a lap from nowhere really and maintained the lead at the race start. I exited Tabac and had a quick look behind... Empty road? WTF?

All the cars had bottlenecked behind me at the swimming pool chicane. Once it had all cleared up there were only 9 other cars left and I had a lead of 3/4 of a lap.

Both HRT's and Toro Rosso's finished in the points.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2770391)   #500
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
Dan is your fuel usage on or off? i found it made a massive difference to that, especially at China. I like the realistic way loads of the stands are empty on race day too...
Yeah i have the fuel on, is this the issue? Its just i dont seem to be able to do it at any point of a race.