Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2838433)   #476
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
From a Playstation game to Le Mans in 3 years. Lucas Ordoñez, 2008 GT Academy winner, will drive for Signatech in the ILMC this season.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2838436)   #477
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
last race is zhuhai again?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2838438)   #478
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak View Post
last race is zhuhai again?
As-of-yet undisclosed location, it will be in China but we don't yet know at what track.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2838449)   #479
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well that is quite the leap up the ladder in a short time. I wish him well.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2838468)   #480
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ive just turned green !!!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2838470)   #481
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Nissan, Playstation, GT5 link-up could have real potential in terms of publicity.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2838471)   #482
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn i have a 360...
Old 1 Mar 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2838475)   #483
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The Nissan, Playstation, GT5 link-up could have real potential in terms of publicity.
The only publicity the GT Acadamy is getting at the moment is for cheating.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2838655)   #484
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Maybe I´m being stupid but what kind of car is that on the photos?

More shots here: http://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-w...rs-of-le-mans/

That dosen't look anything like the Oreca 03 that was tested at Ricard a few weeks ago... has Nissan made some changes to the bodywork, is this some kind of mockup or what?

I´m confused...

Edit: Nevermind, I´m stupid...that seems to be Signatures old Oreca 01... I guess their 03 isn't ready yet.

Last edited by Acid09; 1 Mar 2011 at 20:23.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2838656)   #485
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im sure Nissan have had their aero boys on it ..... like rebellion is working on new aero with Lola . It all gets a little more serious once the factories get involved .

Nice looking beast . But it aint got no fin ?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2838721)   #486
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Nice looking beast . But it aint got no fin ?
I remember hearing an explanation, buy I don't recall the details. Something to do with modifying an existing tub, or maybe cost of all new design or something. But Lola did it for an open top P2 so...... maybe somebody else can jog my memory.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2838723)   #487
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Oreca dropped the fin, last I saw the nose looked very similar to the 01.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2838724)   #488
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think Oreca dropped the fin, last I saw the nose looked very similar to the 01.
Are there any newer photos than those in this article? If so, I´ve never seen them..

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6172.html

Like I said, I´m pretty sure the car in the promo shots is their old 01, it looks nothing like the 03.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2838734)   #489
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
It could even be their old Courage-Oreca LC70 (ex-Oreca car) that they raced in 09, here for instance.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2838844)   #490
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
yes, the fin is absent, but I couldn't remember the reason they were allowed to drop it. Any idea?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 03:02 (Ref:2838850)   #491
The Badger
Veteran

Only reason would be grandfathered ..... but its a new chassis I thought ?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 03:04 (Ref:2838851)   #492
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes it could. Hopefully the car ends up as DLC for GT5 or in ten years time in GT6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
damn i have a 360...
Laughs-then realises im in the same boat. Really gotta get off my butt and get a ps3 just for GT5.

Its quite a step up for Ordonez and I hope he does well, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to the LMP. Im guessing they've already tested him in an LMP to see how he would go.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 03:11 (Ref:2838853)   #493
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Only reason would be grandfathered ..... but its a new chassis I thought ?
Just dug up an old article on PlanetLemans and David Floury commented on differences between Oreca 01 and 03:

Quote:
"Apart from the aero design and the monocoque everything else is different."
So indeed old chassis.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2838939)   #494
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Its quite a step up for Ordonez and I hope he does well, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to the LMP. Im guessing they've already tested him in an LMP to see how he would go.
Think he's already got a little LMP2 seat time- he did the Silverstone LMS race last year with the KSM Lola-Judd. Anyone know how his laptimes compared with the teams regular drivers there?
Old 3 Mar 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2839452)   #495
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Think he's already got a little LMP2 seat time- he did the Silverstone LMS race last year with the KSM Lola-Judd. Anyone know how his laptimes compared with the teams regular drivers there?
Really? I had no idea. I'd also be interested in how he compares.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2841958)   #496
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
As far as I'm aware, the first pic of Luxury Racing's Ferrari 458 Italia.

http://www.endurance-info.com/2011_ILMC/F458_Luxury.jpg

Radio Le Mans should take a leaf out of the Frenchies' book and just call Frederic Makowiecki "Mako".
Old 8 Mar 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2841970)   #497
The Badger
Veteran

Mako sounds Irish !!!
Old 8 Mar 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2842175)   #498
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
As far as I'm aware, the first pic of Luxury Racing's Ferrari 458 Italia.

http://www.endurance-info.com/2011_ILMC/F458_Luxury.jpg
Nothing special livery-wise, but liking the look of it already!

I just re-checked Radio Le Mans's provisional broadcast schedule for Sebring, and none of the practice sessions are listed (quali being the first one on the list). Should I get worried, or are they just fooling around again.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2842183)   #499
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I just re-checked Radio Le Mans's provisional broadcast schedule for Sebring, and none of the practice sessions are listed (quali being the first one on the list). Should I get worried, or are they just fooling around again.
AFAIK there's no ALMS radio this year at all. However Hindy is part of the ALMS video stream commentary team, and the audio of that stream will be aired on RLM.

Check the RLM forums for details.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2842210)   #500
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
AFAIK there's no ALMS radio this year at all. However Hindy is part of the ALMS video stream commentary team, and the audio of that stream will be aired on RLM.
Yes, but as Sebring is part of the ILMC - which they are supposedly fully covering - I would've expected coverage for all of the sessions (as in the past). Oh well, just LT it is then. I guess..