Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Oct 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2567726)   #501
Just-Right
Rookie

Just-Right should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see this car next year. Still is one of the better looking cars. With a good engine package, Dome can surely beat some other petrols (or diesels).
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2568561)   #502
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with Just-Right. The car was spectacular at Le Mans in 2008 (my personal favourite), and I too would love to see a 2010 race programme put in place. No need for Toyota power, I'd be more than happy with Judd power again, especially since 2010 would appear to be the last year for the big capacity P1 engines.

X-Markets Deutsche Bank sponsored Rollcentre Dome S102 Judd anyone?
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2568567)   #503
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
One of the best looking coupe's too , alone with the EE .
Old 27 Jan 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2620310)   #504
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEY !!!! According to today's Autohebdo magazine DOME would have sent candidature for an invitation for the 2010 24h of Le Mans !!!!!!

Fantastic news if it's true AND if ACO accepts the team !!!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2620377)   #505
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
HEY !!!! According to today's Autohebdo magazine DOME would have sent candidature for an invitation for the 2010 24h of Le Mans !!!!!!

Fantastic news if it's true AND if ACO accepts the team !!!
Wow, that's great! Did the article say if the entry was a DOME entry like a couple of years ago, or is it a different team with a DOME chassis?
Old 27 Jan 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2620391)   #506
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Wow, that's great! Did the article say if the entry was a DOME entry like a couple of years ago, or is it a different team with a DOME chassis?

Apparently in the name of DOME
Old 27 Jan 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2620411)   #507
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I wonder who is funding it?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 07:05 (Ref:2620795)   #508
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I wonder who is funding it?
Toyota again?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2620819)   #509
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Toyota again?
I hope so - ironic if it is coming out just one day after Toyota have denied all knowledge of a Le Mans programme!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2620824)   #510
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I hope so - ironic if it is coming out just one day after Toyota have denied all knowledge of a Le Mans programme!
Would be a bit typical of these "big time" secrets .
But i always believed that the Dome s102 was a Toyota paid project, so they could keep in touch with Le Mans, and not have to same flaws like with the Gt-One (and what Peugeot had).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2620830)   #511
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Would be a bit typical of these "big time" secrets .
But i always believed that the Dome s102 was a Toyota paid project, so they could keep in touch with Le Mans, and not have to same flaws like with the Gt-One (and what Peugeot had).
Yes Toyota are known for that - I believe that the original '90's GT1 prototype was a means to build the team ready for their F1 entry.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2620841)   #512
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Yes Toyota are known for that - I believe that the original '90's GT1 prototype was a means to build the team ready for their F1 entry.
Exactly, but that route has been proven bad a few times..
Peugeot used it too in the early 90's (905->F1 V10).
And now with Toyota never receiving anything for their HUGE commitment.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2620879)   #513
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Toyota will want to keep their involvment quiet what with announcing 700 job loses in the UK this morning!!
Old 29 Jan 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2621370)   #514
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^^ Not to mention halting sales on 50% of the vehicles they sell in the US and recalling hundreds of thousands more, without a fix for the recall.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2621542)   #515
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
And I'm sure Toyota has NO involvement in DOME participation to LM
Old 29 Jan 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2621737)   #516
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the rumoured engine choice please ?

Be nice to see an Acura engine in the back of it .
Old 29 Jan 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2621802)   #517
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Whats the rumoured engine choice please ?
Be nice to see an Acura engine in the back of it .
Would the Acura be powerfull enough for Le Mans?.
I think it'll be a AIM/Judd, maybe AMR?.
A surprise announcement of a adapted Toyota engine would be nice
Old 29 Jan 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2621806)   #518
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Would the Acura be powerfull enough for Le Mans?.
I think it'll be a AIM/Judd, maybe AMR?.
A surprise announcement of a adapted Toyota engine would be nice
Along those lines, Lotus has made mention of LMP1 aspirations, and their current road cars have Toyota based engines, so I wonder if some type of synergy could exist in their programs?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2621808)   #519
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Along those lines, Lotus has made mention of LMP1 aspirations, and their current road cars have Toyota based engines, so I wonder if some type of synergy could exist in their programs?
Would be a good "cover" for Toyota to get a better toe in the water.
Perhaps a Cosworth/Toyota V8 engine?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2621906)   #520
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Next year they could probably just stick the GT500 engine into a P1...no point in developing something new
Old 29 Jan 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2621909)   #521
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Next year they could probably just stick the GT500 engine into a P1...no point in developing something new
Is it reliable enough?.
Im thinking the F1 V8 would be better.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2621915)   #522
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it reliable enough?.
Im thinking the F1 V8 would be better.
SGT has endurance races and the engines have to last 4 rounds.

As reliable as current F1 engines are, I don't see one surviving in a prototype at Le Mans.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2621927)   #523
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:

As reliable as current F1 engines are, I don't see one surviving in a prototype at Le Mans.
But could be modified for Le Mans.
If a Le Mans engine can be used in a F1, then it should do the other way around.

But anyway if Toyota get the huge problems they are in now fixed, i think it's most likely for them to develop a new Hybrid V8 (maybe together with Cosworth to cut costs), developed out of the info from SGT and F1.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2621979)   #524
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not even an LMS round...
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2623260)   #525
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Not even an LMS round...
I do, they have to run at least 2 race weekends in F1.

3 free practices totalling 4 hours, 30 minutes qualifying, 2 hour race.

I think it is safe to say the best teams run their engines atleast 5 hours a race. That is definately longer than an LMS race. It would be interesting to see a F1 engine in a 2011 prototype.