Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2021, 23:43 (Ref:4062932)   #501
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This game is tedious uninteresting and what I am moaning about.

I prefer the game of Motorsport.

Although my moaning isn’t just confined to the Motorsport version of this crap game. My location means I am very very bored of this game.
No, I'm with you on that game being tedious. If you watch an nba game, every foul called comes with an offending player with his hands up, crying to the ref. This is the same, the team principles are whining to the refs to ensure a potential makeup call later.

What was more pathetic, was the calls to masi over the radio. Not that they made them, but the very calm, trying to be polite and diplomatic way with which they did, or asking if they recieved an email. Just silly. If you're upset, in what was still the heat of the moment, show some emotion. In a hushed tone saying "I'm a bit cross" is goofy. He should have been yelling "that m-fer could have killed our driver! That is nuts! You better do something or I'll go down to their garage and do something myself!", type of emotion. I mean, if you're gonna cry to the refs, make an entertaining show of it, haha. But that's my location checking out, probably. We Americans can be brash, I guess....
Old 23 Jul 2021, 23:56 (Ref:4062933)   #502
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me it’s more pathetic to keep banging on about it days after the event. Get over it. We’ve all assessed it by now. Penalty given. Fine. Next race.

The it’s cost us so much money moaning. Er, it’s Motorsport. We all live with that. Most racers have a budget cap of some sort.

Although it is pathetic to even entertain the teams to race control during the race. At least on telly. But then that’s what we the fans want I suppose.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4062947)   #503
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
For me it’s more pathetic to keep banging on about it days after the event. Get over it. We’ve all assessed it by now. Penalty given. Fine. Next race.

The it’s cost us so much money moaning. Er, it’s Motorsport. We all live with that. Most racers have a budget cap of some sort.

Although it is pathetic to even entertain the teams to race control during the race. At least on telly. But then that’s what we the fans want I suppose.
There is a little thing called a WDC on the line, and Hamilton's mistake has benefitted himself handsomely and cost his main rival dearly, for no real penalty.
You can't expect it to be much appreciated or easily accepted.

Toto was whining about the cost cap implications of his drivers ruining a couple of wings on a curb, however Hamilton has succeeded in writing off a complete car, engine, gearbox for RBR,
Old 24 Jul 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4062952)   #504
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Yes, I am finding Red Bull not letting go of the situation to be tedious and really not helping the situation. Now it seems they are prepared to take the matter further with the FIA. I just hope the FIA feel like most of us, there is no need to take it further
Old 24 Jul 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4062958)   #505
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Always interesting on here.
Horner being the hired hand has to protect Red Bulls corner and wants to ramp the situation up as much as possible..
Possibly getting a let off with financial cap situation?
Every situation needs to be ramped up including the hospital checkups on same level as major operation, losses of cash screwing car back together , making sure all your camp followers on TV and radio sing from your prepared hymn sheet.
It’s eff1 as it is today, All change from 70’s when Bernie and Max became power brokers. Then you introduced Ron Dennis
The present lot are perfecting the BS side of business and leading their clans into war
Sportsmanship? Doesn’t enter into it!
Old 24 Jul 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4062965)   #506
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Considering that Mr Horner is himself an ex racer, it’s sad to see him mouthing off at other competitors like he does
Old 24 Jul 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4062978)   #507
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
There is a little thing called a WDC on the line, and Hamilton's mistake has benefitted himself handsomely and cost his main rival dearly, for no real penalty.
You can't expect it to be much appreciated or easily accepted.
Not asking for it to be appreciated. Asking for people to stop behaving as a child and not considering what they are saying and the consequences of (or maybe they are considering). FWIW I’m not even talking about the most extreme views that some on Twitter have!

Quote:
Toto was whining about the cost cap implications of his drivers ruining a couple of wings on a curb, however Hamilton has succeeded in writing off a complete car, engine, gearbox for RBR,

Yes, annoying too. Although not quite the same.

Are you trying to infer I am saying this because of who rather than what? Nope.

Horner is just the most recent and annoying example. Wolfe’s moaning is annoying, but Horner is taking it to another level.

In the same way, I am not a fan of the Autosport article of x SLAMS y. They are a bit better nowadays at that, but it stopped me buying it for many a year.

It’s just not why I am into Motorsport.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4062980)   #508
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
You race Adam, so how would you feel if someone ran into you like that and put you into the wall?
Old 24 Jul 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4062981)   #509
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’d be and have been annoyed. But I wouldn’t threaten to sue, I wouldn’t infer it was intentional and I wouldn’t bleat about it on social (or even here).

Although I don’t have any fans to whip up into a frenzy about it.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4062982)   #510
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you watch this I was driving my Rover and as you can see I was taken out. Not much fun I can tell you. But I didn't run around shooting my mouth off and griping about it.

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...ce-highlights/
Old 24 Jul 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4062984)   #511
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Because you are a grown up! or at least know how to act like one
Must have been very frustrating to miss out on the race. Especially that race.

I was trying to work out how I can get this concept across? It’s a bit of showing civility, but also understanding that you are in a position of influence. It’s obviously lost in the modern world. Or maybe always lost on most people, but now they have the tech to moan publicly whenever they want.

Graham Hill was taken out by Bandini and lost the 1964 F1 championship. His approach afterwards was a million miles from this.

I'm not even asking for someone to behave with the class of Hill here, just to show a level of decorum. Especially as they can influence others.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4062985)   #512
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Graham Hill was taken out by Bandini and lost the 1964 F1 championship. His approach afterwards was a million miles from this.

I'm not even asking for someone to behave with the class of Hill here, just to show a level of decorum. Especially as they can influence others.

i think he would agree!
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4063069)   #513
S griffin
Veteran

I just think the likes of Horner and Marko should take a step back and look at all the angles. Max and Lewis are involved in a very title championship battle and a lot of people are loving the fact Lewis and Merc finally have a worthy adversary in Max and RBR. It’s something that’s been missing in recent years.

Also with the championship being fought out between two really determined drivers, an incident between the two seemed inevitable. A young charger vs an old experienced hand who both desperately want to win. Yes RBR can argue Lewis was ambitious in his move, but was it deliberate? Of course not. Really if they feel upset about it, they should maybe have a quiet chat with Merc, not mouthing off to the press constantly
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4063071)   #514
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This may have been said before but: "Racing incident, penalty served, move on."
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4063074)   #515
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This may have been said before but: "Racing incident, penalty served, move on."

Old 25 Jul 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4063122)   #516
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with PM!
It was L.H’s last chance and he went for it, M.V. didn't move. Bang.
Forgetting blame MV silly for not taking evasive action and screwed up the chance of a win or at worst second.
LH mistake in Azerbaijan now MV at Silverstone
Racing incident
Old 25 Jul 2021, 23:25 (Ref:4063140)   #517
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I agree with PM!
It was L.H’s last chance and he went for it, M.V. didn't move. Bang.
Forgetting blame MV silly for not taking evasive action and screwed up the chance of a win or at worst second.
LH mistake in Azerbaijan now MV at Silverstone
Racing incident
I don't believe that there was any line that Max could have taken through the corner to avoid contact looking at the path that Lewis took through the corner.

Peter's accident above looked like an accident caused by too many cars trying to go into too little space and he was the innocent / uninvolved party that got caught up in the mess.

This one I am not so sure.

I think it is fair enough that RBR are allowed to hold Hamilton to account.
An apology from Hamilton, would probably have helped, as would a penalty that punished Hamilton for making a "mistake" that had huge consequences in a 180 mph corner. Neither was on offer.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 01:09 (Ref:4063147)   #518
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't believe that there was any line that Max could have taken through the corner to avoid contact looking at the path that Lewis took through the corner.

Peter's accident above looked like an accident caused by too many cars trying to go into too little space and he was the innocent / uninvolved party that got caught up in the mess.

An apology from Hamilton, would probably have helped, as would a penalty that punished Hamilton for making a "mistake" that had huge consequences in a 180 mph corner. Neither was on offer.

Realistically, had Max turned in maybe half a metre later, he would probably have missed the contact - but he didn't. We are now over a week later, still arguing over what two of the best racers did in a split second.

Do you really think that anything we keyboard warriors, whether racers or not, have to say, matters one iota?

When we go out on a race track, we accept that we are competing - that means we want to be better then our competitor - and in motorsport that means finishing in front. Putting yourself in a position where you may not finish is a bad move.......
Old 26 Jul 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4063148)   #519
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Realistically, had Max turned in maybe half a metre later, he would probably have missed the contact - but he didn't. We are now over a week later, still arguing over what two of the best racers did in a split second.

Do you really think that anything we keyboard warriors, whether racers or not, have to say, matters one iota?

When we go out on a race track, we accept that we are competing - that means we want to be better then our competitor - and in motorsport that means finishing in front. Putting yourself in a position where you may not finish is a bad move.......
He was already way wide of the apex. Could he have turned in a half meter later and still kept it on track? And lewis was headed out wide with his line, which was both inside and wide of the apex. How far out would he have ended up exiting the corner, and if max kept it on the track and not the runoff, could he have avoided lewis?
Old 26 Jul 2021, 05:57 (Ref:4063156)   #520
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Old 26 Jul 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4063163)   #521
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
. Posted but ughhh cant be bothered with dragging this out any more so deleted.....lets move on.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4063206)   #522
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Neither was necessary. IMO.

The 'holding to account' idea, i.e. beyond the decision of the stewards would be a seriously dangerous precedent for F1.

But yes, it really is time to move on.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4063223)   #523
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But yes, it really is time to move on.
Please God yes. Thankfully a GP this coming weekend so we will have something new to argue about.

Richard
Old 26 Jul 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4063232)   #524
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say, as far as these sorts of debates go, this one was pretty mild? Definitely have seen much worse.

For sure lots of posts and went around and around a few times but on the whole pretty civil i thought.

Old 26 Jul 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4063234)   #525
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I have to say, as far as these sorts of debates go, this one was pretty mild? Definitely have seen much worse.

For sure lots of posts and went around and around a few times but on the whole pretty civil i thought.

Think id have to agree.....we all differ on opinions but compared to Pistonheads and social media, this was on the chicken korma side.....