Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jan 2010, 03:29 (Ref:2609844)   #501
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Cant wait to see say a Aston or Ferrari engine Norma, Lola, Zytek etc, more so a Porsche flat 6 powered Lola Coupe. Kinda like a modern day 908, oooo oooo.
Or a BMW, Lambo, Chevy, Ford....
Old 8 Jan 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2609935)   #502
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Some sketches of the new Norma are in the EI article linked below, along with some previous Normas - including the maligned 2003 machine. Article's in French, but Google Translation should give you the gist of it without too much bother.

Link
Am I the only person who can see just one image, there, or have I missed something really obvious...?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2609947)   #503
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Am I the only person who can see just one image, there, or have I missed something really obvious...?
When I open it up there are five images.

Two sketches of the 2010 car at top.
1 photo of factory interior
1 photo of previous Le Mans Normas (2000? and 2003 cars on floor, 1990 bodwork on wall)
1 photo of a 2009 VdeV car on track

This is just by following the link I posted above.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2609957)   #504
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Good news and bad news.

Jules Boullion has signed with Rebellion for 2010, which is another great addition to their driver lineup and reinforces the professionalism of the operation.

Bad news is this seems to be another nail in the likelihood of seeing some form of Pescarolo Sport entry this season, which for me would be very sad indeed.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2609964)   #505
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Good news and bad news.

Jules Boullion has signed with Rebellion for 2010, which is another great addition to their driver lineup and reinforces the professionalism of the operation.

Bad news is this seems to be another nail in the likelihood of seeing some form of Pescarolo Sport entry this season, which for me would be very sad indeed.
The Pescarolo situation is very sad to see. I think we'd all like to see him leading his own team at the highest level. But, times have changed and on balance, I see this as good news (actually, make that fantastic news). This produces something close to a 'Dream Team' in the lead Rebellion car. Bellicchi/Bouillon - what a prospect!
Old 8 Jan 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2609973)   #506
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Sadly, i think this is the last nail...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2609979)   #507
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hughes de Chaunac confirmed at RMC radio last sunday that Lapierre and Panis are definitely drivers of the ORECA 908 in LMS
Old 8 Jan 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2610008)   #508
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Signatures livery on the Aston looks very cool indeed .

http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_D...ntaisie_10.jpg
Old 8 Jan 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2610019)   #509
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Signatures livery on the Aston looks very cool indeed .

http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_D...ntaisie_10.jpg
You mean on the LOLA?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2610027)   #510
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good news and bad news.

Im presuming Jules is Jean-Christophe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
You mean on the LOLA?
Please dont start
Old 8 Jan 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2610042)   #511
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Im presuming Jules is Jean-Christophe??
Jean-Christophe indeed - was lazy and used the truncation of his name - which does appear to be reasonably widely accepted.

Facebook Entry
Wikipedia Entry
Old 8 Jan 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2610084)   #512
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Jean is John, Jules is Julius -> no contraction. That's an odd surname.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2610110)   #513
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Jean is John, Jules is Julius -> no contraction. That's an odd surname.
Your explanation makes perfect sense - I was simply going with what I've often heard Jean-Christophe referred to as, going right back to the 1990s. All in all though, this probably goes some way towards redefining what a storm in a teacup consists of.

Surname's an enormously long story not worth boring people with. Catch me at Le Mans with a beer and you can have chapter and verse...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2610125)   #514
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The Pescarolo situation is very sad to see. I think we'd all like to see him leading his own team at the highest level. But, times have changed and on balance, I see this as good news (actually, make that fantastic news). This produces something close to a 'Dream Team' in the lead Rebellion car. Bellicchi/Bouillon - what a prospect!
Think you're absolutely right about how time passes and we just need to accept what's gone and relish what's arrived. A few years back I'd have been distraught at the bleak outlook for Pescarolo, now I can just be thankful to have witnessed some of the brilliance they brought to sportscar racing in the last decade.

Rebellion are indeed looking like an incredibly solid two car effort which, depending on tactical nous, the way the cards fall, and the level to which ORECA can make the 908 work, could be a decent contender for the title. Hats off to them - especially as they're such a nice bunch of people.

Thinking about this does raise an interesting one though.

Let's assume Audi do enter at Ricard and finish 1-2. You've then got the possibility of 3 Peugeots at Spa, assume they'll win, and probably get second too, if not third. You then have Audi back at Silverstone, and looking likely for the win. Does this locking out of some of the front end start to do some interesting things for the title race overall?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2610204)   #515
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When I open it up there are five images.

Two sketches of the 2010 car at top.
1 photo of factory interior
1 photo of previous Le Mans Normas (2000? and 2003 cars on floor, 1990 bodwork on wall)
1 photo of a 2009 VdeV car on track

This is just by following the link I posted above.
I see just one sketch of the new car, viewed from the front. Sure we're clicking on the same links? I'm puzzled!
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2610214)   #516
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There are 5 pics on the page.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3235.html
Old 8 Jan 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2610246)   #517
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 images = 3 pics and 2 renderings.

L.P.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2610377)   #518
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I keep trying, and refreshing, but I still only get the one image!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2610384)   #519
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , just one image for me too ?!?!?!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2610386)   #520
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the sorry love child of a Courage and the Lavaggi.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2610390)   #521
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Think you're absolutely right about how time passes and we just need to accept what's gone and relish what's arrived. A few years back I'd have been distraught at the bleak outlook for Pescarolo, now I can just be thankful to have witnessed some of the brilliance they brought to sportscar racing in the last decade.
Who knows, the phoenix may yet rise from the ashes!

Old 9 Jan 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2610431)   #522
The Badger
Veteran

I was thinking it looks like a Courage LC75 or at least a C60 clone . Wouldnt be surprised with James's comment above either . Didnt they run a LC75 last year too , and rumour was again for a LC75 again this year too .
Old 9 Jan 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2610499)   #523
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
I was thinking it looks like a Courage LC75 or at least a C60 clone . Wouldnt be surprised with James's comment above either . Didnt they run a LC75 last year too , and rumour was again for a LC75 again this year too .
And they will run both Courage and Norma this year!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2610616)   #524
The Badger
Veteran

Somehow I doubt that , unless its already been confirmed as such ?
Old 9 Jan 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2610639)   #525
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Somehow I doubt that , unless its already been confirmed as such ?
At least Julien Shelll did here

Let us come now at the season 2010…
"(...)We will engage two cars in the Le Mans Series, its an important engagement. Especially, because we will début a new car in the Series, a French car, the Norma LMP2(...)"

Will you have two Norma?
"No, we will run the new Norma and we will align Courage LC75 as well. Philippe Thirion remains with us and he prefers to set out again with Courage. Moreover, it would have been difficult to have two Norma ready for the beginning of the season."