Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Apr 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3524051)   #501
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Piquet finished 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 1st in the last four races, so his win is hardly a flash in the pan. He looks like a genuine championship contender now.

Roll on Monaco...
Old 5 Apr 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3524052)   #502
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Another good race as well thought the cars actually looked quite quick around this track as well.
They looked particularly quick when they're thrown into corners like T3 and T4. It seems you do have to hustle these cars a bit which is good.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3524075)   #503
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I hate to be 'tin-hat guy' but....
the scott speed result didn't exactly ring true either. but hey, i'm sure it all makes sense to someone who knows the tech inside out. which is probably about three blokes in the design department

still getting the hang of following these races properly, and it seems to a point the first half is academic because the car changes seem to have more of an effect than normal pitstops do.

it'll be good to see them at monaco. it's all been a bit more about establishing markets so far and catching some winter rays. time to get damp and miserable
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3524095)   #504
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
They're listening to us, maaaaaan.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3524104)   #505
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NextEV is NOT a new sponsor. They've sponsored them from the start. The livery change was because NextEV has decided to be the constructor behind China Racing for next season.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3525429)   #506
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Formula E is proving very popular, with 180 cities vying to host races.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118419
Old 9 Apr 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3525457)   #507
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Interesting news, although 180 cities sounds like a lot. It makes you wonder what constitutes "interest".

I hope that FE concentrates on establishing a number of well supported events and doesn't simply go for the highest bidders. Judging by the crowds in Miami and Long Beach there could easily be a third US round, maybe even more, but somehow I feel a couple more races in China and the Middle East are more likely...
Old 10 Apr 2015, 03:30 (Ref:3525621)   #508
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Interesting news, although 180 cities sounds like a lot. It makes you wonder what constitutes "interest".

I hope that FE concentrates on establishing a number of well supported events and doesn't simply go for the highest bidders. Judging by the crowds in Miami and Long Beach there could easily be a third US round, maybe even more, but somehow I feel a couple more races in China and the Middle East are more likely...
Agag said the only tracks that management really wanted to return to were Monaco and Long Beach (both because of their history). Bern is a city he said he would like to go to, likely in season 3.

Further, I doubt China or Arabia would host many rounds. Chinese road networks are a disaster to navigate, and blocking off roads in a major city causes a calamity, not to mention how obvious the Beijing Olympic Park Circuit made it that their aren't many good spots to lay one out of a reasonable FE length.

FE promotes "the clean future" of racing, and going to the oil-rich Arab countries doesn't help that image too much.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3530752)   #509
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jani Backman according to AKK Motorsport has eye the possibility of organizing FIA formula E race in Finland, it's not just the coffee table discussion. Helsinki sports director Anssi Rauramo believes in the project and try to help in every way forward
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3531284)   #510
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are there any figures in the article? How much of a fee would FE require?
Old 5 May 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3534286)   #511
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FE in Monaco this weekend! I think this race will be
a hoot and holler. Lets make it 7 races, 7 different
winners. Point standings are tight at the top.
Old 8 May 2015, 20:22 (Ref:3535630)   #512
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to watching this because it's Monaco.
Old 8 May 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3535673)   #513
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumors about Citroen joining with Virgin, now that would be interesting. Are we seeing the start of factory involvement of just hot air?
Old 9 May 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3535750)   #514
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Qualifying coming up in about 15 mins, times from free practice look close. I haven't seen the new layout in action yet but it should be quite good for these cars.
Old 9 May 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3535819)   #515
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its almost time for Monaco Electrified.
My points of interest will be turn 1 and
the hairpin.
Old 9 May 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3535823)   #516
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Bad luck for Senna.

China Racing newly renamed NEXTEV TCR Formula E team for this race ahead of next season.
Old 9 May 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3535840)   #517
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, apart from the big shunt at the start that wasn't quite the racing we've come to expect. The first repeat winner, and the first lights-to-flag victor in Formula E sums it up.

Piquet might regret saying "he [Di Grassi] has always been behind me" after being stuck behind him all race long
Old 9 May 2015, 15:35 (Ref:3535853)   #518
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the best race, probably tied with the first race for lack of action. And as we have a reference of sense of speed at Monaco they looked very very slow
Old 9 May 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3535858)   #519
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
And as we have a reference of sense of speed at Monaco they looked very very slow
Yes they did. The high, wide camera angles are the same as the ones they use for the Grand Prix and I don't think that helped.
Old 9 May 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3535884)   #520
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think as well despite the cars obvious slowness that they should use the full GP circuit next time. The configuration they used was so limited for overtaking compared to the GP circuit which sounds ridiculous when you think of the F1 races there.

But it would open up overtaking into the first corner, mirabeau, the tight hairpin that follows it and into the chicane after the tunnel all of which weren't there in the shorter circuit they used today.
Old 9 May 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3535890)   #521
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
After all that I missed it, hopefully it will be on ITV player, anyway I see Buemi not only got pole but won as well.
Old 9 May 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3535893)   #522
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably be a 4 minuite lap if they used the full circuit
Old 10 May 2015, 02:35 (Ref:3536015)   #523
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Rumors about Citroen joining with Virgin, now that would be interesting. Are we seeing the start of factory involvement of just hot air?
That could mean JM López back in a formula car.
Old 10 May 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3536029)   #524
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As next year will be quicker, do you think they might be less paranoid about comparisons of speed with other categories and use full street courses that other circuits use? That 1st lap shunt was inevitable because of how narrow that track is after St Devote
Old 10 May 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3536115)   #525
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First they do need a car that could cope the entire race.