Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Dec 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1802454)   #501
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Still early days.

If Audi duck out of the first real competition they've faced since the launch on the R8, shame on them!
If Audi didn't go to Le Mans that would be ducking out, this is not.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1802503)   #502
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
If Audi didn't go to Le Mans that would be ducking out, this is not.
Oh yes it is! (Well, it is Pantomime season )

There's absolutely no excuse for a European manufactorer in the second season of running a car, not to enter it in the LMS.

If Peugeot can manage it in the first year, surely Audi can in the second. And let's face-it the mass LMP1 exodus in the ALMS means that 2007 is going to be an even bigger Cakewalk than it was in 2006.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1802511)   #503
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool

There's absolutely no excuse for a European manufactorer in the second season of running a car, not to enter it in the LMS.

If Peugeot can manage it in the first year, surely Audi can in the second. And let's face-it the mass LMP1 exodus in the ALMS means that 2007 is going to be an even bigger Cakewalk than it was in 2006.
But they are in a Global Market.

Ducking out = Leaving!

Audi was not in the LMS in 06. And have clearly stated why they are hesitant of entering in 07. Why is Peugeot not racing at Sebring even though they will be there during that time frame?!! Audi races in the ALMS because of ROI. And money is very much on the minds at VW A.G. at this time. Its the tail wagging the dog in this case. If they were so hot to contest with Audi they would!!!

L.P.

ps.
Quote:
If Audi didn't go to Le Mans that would be ducking out, this is not
Old 31 Dec 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1802517)   #504
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Audi was not competing in the LMS as the spectors market was not to what Audis customers are? No need to race, if potential customes wont buy Audi street cars.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1802547)   #505
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
But they are in a Global Market.

Ducking out = Leaving!

Audi was not in the LMS in 06. And have clearly stated why they are hesitant of entering in 07. Why is Peugeot not racing at Sebring even though they will be there during that time frame?!! Audi races in the ALMS because of ROI. And money is very much on the minds at VW A.G. at this time. Its the tail wagging the dog in this case. If they were so hot to contest with Audi they would!!!

L.P.

ps..

If Peugeot isn't taking part to 2007 ALMS it's simply because they don't sell any road cars in North America(at least for now)...not because they don't dare confront with Audi !!!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1802560)   #506
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
If Peugeot isn't taking part to 2007 ALMS it's simply because they don't sell any road cars in North America(at least for now)...not because they don't dare confront with Audi !!!
But they are not even going to race at Sebring!!! And they are going to be at Sebring to test in the same time frame as the race!!!!! Can one say "Poulet".

L.P.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1802565)   #507
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I thought Audi was not competing in the LMS as the spectors market was not to what Audis customers are? No need to race, if potential customes wont buy Audi street cars.
ROI, Return On Investment. No sell cars, No spendy race(advertising budget) money!

L.P.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1802569)   #508
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
I found an interesting entrylist for next year LMES !!!

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...pper&Itemid=49
At this moment we have included ALL teams that have stated they want to be in.

So expect some teams to drop off that list and some others to join...
Nevertheless...it looks quite alright at the moment.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 01:24 (Ref:1802578)   #509
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes as we all know it Peugeot will test at Sebring right after the race, like the next day. BUT, they will not compete in the race eventough they will be there before, during and after the race. Surely if they wanted to race the R10 before Le Mans they could at Sebring. Now, would I want Audi to compete in LMS, sure. But Audi already sells about 50% of its cars in Europe with diesels so everyone knows of TDIs there and especially with their win last year. And Audi would certainly save some money and put it to good use to make the R10 an even better race car than before.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 01:26 (Ref:1802580)   #510
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There is one very good one actually, the LMS is crap
Old 1 Jan 2007, 02:31 (Ref:1802607)   #511
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes as we all know it Peugeot will test at Sebring right after the race, like the next day. BUT, they will not compete in the race eventough they will be there before, during and after the race.

I think the optimal word is scheduled. As in they are scheduled to be at Sebring. We don't even know if they are on their own schedule, let alone making it to Sebring. I've heard rumblings, and I'm not talking about the kind a bear's stomach would make when it should be in hibernation...
Old 1 Jan 2007, 02:48 (Ref:1802614)   #512
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I must say Audi sure are going to get a bucket load of new customers racing against themselves in ALMS LMP1 next season.

Maybe their money is better spent stopping Peugeot from eating into their precious 50% European Diesel market rather than tossing a 50 cent coin to see whether it's Car Number 1 or Car Number 2's turn to win this week.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 04:17 (Ref:1802622)   #513
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Well I must say Audi sure are going to get a bucket load of new customers racing against themselves in ALMS LMP1 next season.

Maybe their money is better spent stopping Peugeot from eating into their precious 50% European Diesel market rather than tossing a 50 cent coin to see whether it's Car Number 1 or Car Number 2's turn to win this week.
Maybe someone should teach Audi the errors of their ways, and become their V.P. of sales and advertising.

I would love to see Audi and Puegeot go head to head. And we probably will IMO,and in the LMS. But to think that they are required to is a little on the obtuse side.

L.P.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1802707)   #514
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
How many races have you actually been to?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1802733)   #515
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
........and a very Happy New Year to you too!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1802779)   #516
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Audi already spend a huge amount of money in Europe racing in the DTM against Merc, who are in the same upper market place as Audi. Maybe it cannot justify a second expensive race series when its main rival would be a lesser brand.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1802783)   #517
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh come on, now be objective for a minute. Audi Sport has a given budget and it races in some other high profile series. Now tell me what should they drop to find money for the "glorious" LMS?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1802793)   #518
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
All those other high profile series got to that level because factory teams gave it their full support (ALMS, DTM). Le Mans Series lacks that support by the factory teams at this moment.

The moment Peugeot will race against Audi you will see more people coming to the track. Peugeot and Audi entering LMS will mean better promotion, Better promotions means more people knowing about the race and more people knowing about the race meansis more spectators.

Biggest problem now is that the races are hardly promoted. If you drive by a track that has the race you will hardly notice it. Hopefully Peugeot will improve that. And now let's hope MotorsTV will cover it all live again and other terrestrial tv channels will also cover it a bit more.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1802817)   #519
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes as we all know it Peugeot will test at Sebring right after the race, like the next day. BUT, they will not compete in the race eventough they will be there before, during and after the race. Surely if they wanted to race the R10 before Le Mans they could at Sebring. Now, would I want Audi to compete in LMS, sure. But Audi already sells about 50% of its cars in Europe with diesels so everyone knows of TDIs there and especially with their win last year. And Audi would certainly save some money and put it to good use to make the R10 an even better race car than before.
So Peugeot wont race Sebring? WTF? come all that way just to watch and time the Audis, Porsches and other cars, then test on Sunday too see if they can run the same times?

What a pile of unsure and scard little peugeot poop. All Talk NO ACTION.

Just race the darn car and take your lumps or stand on the victory stand. More can be learned under race conditions then thousands of test days and all the data you can gather.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:22 (Ref:1802874)   #520
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Audi already spend a huge amount of money in Europe racing in the DTM against Merc, who are in the same upper market place as Audi. Maybe it cannot justify a second expensive race series when its main rival would be a lesser brand.

Agree
Peugeot isn't in the same category talking about road cars sales...

Prices and engine choices are too different
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1802877)   #521
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

--

Oh come on, now be objective for a minute. Audi Sport has a given budget and it races in some other high profile series. Now tell me what should they drop to find money for the "glorious" LMS?
Sorry to rant here, but daft posts like yours really do annoy the hell outta me.

Tell me one thing, have you ever been to an LMS race? Because I struggle otherwise to realise why you think so little of the Le Mans Series.

Regular grids of near-to 50 cars, very high tech sportscars, very good drivers, great action all the way through in all classes, something that mixes GT's and LMP's regularly in Europe, and the cars look and sound about a million times better than any other form of motorsport. The only thing missing is a manufacturer (which is coming anyway in the form of Peugeot, and possibly Audi), and some decent event promotion (which is likely to come from said manufacturers). Why do you have to instantly slate the series without giving reason first? Just makes you look like a childish "spammer" to me.

We're all entitled to our views on this forum, but if your going to slate something you need a real excuse to do so. Naturally here we're going to defend what we like, but there must be a good reason why so many of us here took an interest in the LMS in the first place!

Last edited by TheNewBob; 1 Jan 2007 at 15:30.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1802881)   #522
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said TNB, I was catching up on the new posts and about to ask a similar question, come on Go-For-Pole, explain yourself please
Old 1 Jan 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1802917)   #523
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it not better to leave the audi verses peoguet show down to le mans? thats the point after all. Yes it would be great for them to race at sebring against each other, same for lms. which is one of the best series to watch imo. after le mans i see it as a possiblity that we get an r10 in europe or a peoguet in alms maybe?

what about a customer r10 is that a possibility still for europe?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1802929)   #524
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I remember Audi said that there would not be any customer R10s for now and perhaps ever. (Sorry for the lack of a source)
Old 1 Jan 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1803035)   #525
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
Well said TNB, I was catching up on the new posts and about to ask a similar question, come on Go-For-Pole, explain yourself please
Don't take this as an excuse (or wrongly) but the LMS coverage that I get leaves alot to be desired. That is a product of poor broadcasting though not the quality of the participants etc.. I really hope you folks get a better representation of the ALMS than I do of LMS. This year I might see if I can get it streaming live somewhere.

L.P.