Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2472651)   #526
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
EI are showing the livery for the little Chinese Porsche ..... nice dragon scheme .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nceAsia_01.jpg

Wonder will it glow in the night ? ..... Could make some spectacular night pics .

Love the endurance Asia GT2 livery... very well thought through creative and I'm sure it will look good on track.... and on the other side of the creative livery spectrum...
Old 31 May 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2472655)   #527
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Think this looks too bitty-bobby... the red and white flashes on the top of the side pods look okay but would have had more impact had they rolled over to the side to add more 'red and white to the blue' as for the yellow or gold star burst laser type device on the front... no idea whats going on there... Personally I don't like it.... it just looks like theres no real thought gone into it... If they have a limited budget they could have kept it simple... Of course this is only my opinion on this livery and with anything creative its always down to personal opinion... now the BP Ultimate Trailer livery... now there is a livery I really like.........
Old 31 May 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2472684)   #528
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I remember a few years back , Sospiri did his wrist in just prior to the race ..... I think it was on a bike . I suppose they can injure them selves no matter what sport they train in .

Whats he doing now anyway ?
Runs a team called Euronova: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenzo_Sospiri
http://www.formulamaster.net/eng/Pro...novaRacing.asp

With a former Formula 1, Touring Car, Sportcar driver, Emanuele Naspetti.
Old 31 May 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2472793)   #529
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Nice livery for the Chinese Porsche but that team has really annoyed me - they've obviously gotten an entry by promising to bring a first LM team from China but they don't have a single Chinese driver and are being run by Thierry Perrier's lot (is it Perspective Racing or is most of the team made up of Chinese crew?).

Painting a dragon on the side of a car driven by a Canadian born driver with Hong-Kong connections, a Frenchman and a Bulgarian run by a French team doesn't cut it.
I agree. And I thought we might have seen Franky Cheng in that car.
Old 31 May 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2472924)   #530
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1810 View Post
as for the yellow or gold star burst laser type device on the front... no idea whats going on there...
It's Creation's logo, so it makes sense to have it. But I don't think it's a very interesting livery either.
Old 31 May 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2472929)   #531
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
It's Creation's logo, so it makes sense to have it. But I don't think it's a very interesting livery either.
I like it, I reckon it will look good in the flesh
Old 1 Jun 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2473058)   #532
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like Yann Clairay will be in the 73 Alphand Corvette with Maassen and Jousse over Guillaume Moreau.

Moreau and Luc Alphand aventures seemed to have cut their ties.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-1385.html

A bit odd IMO seeing that Jousse and Gregoire haven't competed for Luc Alphand and Moreau has done a pretty good job with Maassen in FIA GT so far.

FIAGT had Maassen and Moreau
LMS had Alphand, Goueslard and Clairay
French GT had Ayari and Hernandez

I see that Jousse finished 2nd last year in the World Series by Renault and is racing in GP2 this year so he seems like a French star of the future.
Gregoire seems to have been 'stuck' in Grand-Am since last year but hasn't even competed this season.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2473125)   #533
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah its a bit odd that Moreau has parted company with LAA this close to LM, shame though, he was doing well in the Corvette.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2473186)   #534
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jousse drives in Formula 2 but nevertheless he's a young talented driver.

Moreau is said to be looking at other drives for Le Mans, but I think that's impossible at this time, so close before the start.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2473213)   #535
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I stand corrected... I still think it looks a bit dull...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2473216)   #536
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Patrick Long been "unconfirmed" at IMSA? For weeks i saw him listed in that car, but on the new DSC list they have TBA together with Narac and Pilet. Also it seems Felbermayer Sr is out.
Are they just waiting for Long to get finally confirmed or is there something wrong? Seems odd if possibly the best Porsche works driver was the only one of the bunch to miss Le Mans.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2473221)   #537
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
EI are reporting that Bouchet will drive the JMB Fiat ..... with Rodrigues-Lebon !!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2473320)   #538
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
If Bouchut is confirmed that'll put JMB into the favourites list as well. A definite improvement over Hartshorne!

We've got about 10 good lineups in GT2 this year:
For Porsche: IMSA 76, Felbermayr, Flying Lizards
For Ferrari: AF Corse, Risi, Farnbacher, JMW, BMS and now JMB (not sure about Modena)
And the Spyker.

I also noticed that 'change' in the IMSA lineups on DSC. It's quite odd as EI posted an official release from IMSA and Christian Reid of Felbermayr 2 weeks ago clearly stating the team lineups for #70 (Felbermayrs) and #76 (Narac, Pilet and Long). DSC's lineup for 70 is completely different from the PR. Instead of Felbermayrs and Lecourt, they've got Felbermajr Jr., Reid and Cruz Martins.
Official site has the 2 teams blank.
EI: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-1165.html and http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-1227.html
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2473474)   #539
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
EI are now reporting that Moreau will drive for OAK in the mazda pescarolo . How in hell do you pronounce his first name anyway ?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-1392.html

Wow ..... there was I thinking that Terada might get that seat ..... seats are running out big time for him , unless he gets a drive in that JLOC Lambo !!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2473503)   #540
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
EI are now reporting that Moreau will drive for OAK in the mazda pescarolo . How in hell do you pronounce his first name anyway ?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-1392.html

Wow ..... there was I thinking that Terada might get that seat ..... seats are running out big time for him , unless he gets a drive in that JLOC Lambo !!!
I'd go for Gee-yom, with a hard G - but appreciate that's probably murdering it too.

As far as Terada goes, all good things perhaps come to an end? Won't be quite the same without him, but then, we haven't had a WR there for a while, and even Henri Pescarolo stopped driving.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2473507)   #541
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'd go for Gee-yom, with a hard G - but appreciate that's probably murdering it too.

As far as Terada goes, all good things perhaps come to an end? Won't be quite the same without him, but then, we haven't had a WR there for a while, and even Henri Pescarolo stopped driving.
Lets not forget that we're also without Jan Lammers!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2473512)   #542
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Not at all, you're spot on. French for William.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2473518)   #543
The Badger
Veteran

Thank you gentlemen ..... Ive put that one to rest now , cheers . Looks a lot harder with all those L's in it .

Didnt know that it was French for William though . Are OAK all filled up now ?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2473525)   #544
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
If what EI reports is true than I'd say yes because the other 2 were already confirmed, I believe.

And if Bouchut is also confirmed, that means only Kolles, Barazi, JLOC and whatever is going on with IMSA are left to confirm their lineups.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2473569)   #545
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1810 View Post
I stand corrected... I still think it looks a bit dull...
Agree

The gold-blue car of last year looked great.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2473576)   #546
The Badger
Veteran

Naa , I thought that livery was hangin !!! ..... Much prefered the auld blue rocket livery of all of them . But this latest livery doesnt look right . I reckon it will look better in the flesh , For a start , the artists impression looks like an after thought , especially that yellow thing on the nose .
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2473577)   #547
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
If what EI reports is true than I'd say yes because the other 2 were already confirmed, I believe.

And if Bouchut is also confirmed, that means only Kolles, Barazi, JLOC and whatever is going on with IMSA are left to confirm their lineups.
What happened to Meyrick ? And I thought the line up for IMSA was complete too !!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2473587)   #548
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
I think the problem with Kolles is the Meyrick, Zwolsman and Krumm car in LMS. Krumm is not confirmed as there's another driver also possible (can't remember the name!) so they haven't announced either car. Maybe they're gonna re-mix the drivers or, with luck get some 'better' guys! But this last point is wishful thinking!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2473663)   #549
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biela would be a good start ...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2473676)   #550
The Badger
Veteran

Whats the full driver line up for LAA please . There seems to be some differant things written on various forums .

Alphand-Goueslard-Gregoire and Jousse-Maassen-Clairey ..... is that correct ?

Tags
2009 le mans entries