Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Sep 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2767337)   #526
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Not sure what Hindy has to do with Wheeler TV (likely nothing). What I brought up is concern over the tv package changing to this docu-drama BS as a "cost effective" replacement for the current 7 Live Races and 2 "Highlight Package" races.

ALMS does in word "poorly" on network TV, just behind Indy Car on network TV. However it does better than Indy Car on Cable (Speed vs Versus). Hindy uncovered some discussions that had taken place a few years ago that the Versus was courting the ALMS to be the core of its new push into motorsports. ALMS felt it would be stepping down from its current Wheeler/Speed/Network TV combo its been running since the start.

I thought Wheeler was in trouble once Intersport entered the picture and while we've all have criticism of Wheeler's overall camera coverage and of course that really strange view of zoom cameras reducing the speed and danger present in racing (I don't think anybody cares frankly, what on a odd post on LTC).

Anyway, what you should be emailing Atherton over is not a further reduction of the TV deal.

WTF!! This has nothing to do with Wheeler and did not imply that it did in no way shape or form. Do not usurp my post! It was posted strictly for what it said!

As concerns RSL/RLM, Hindy and crew...

Firstly, it needs to be in a proper manner!

jbentley@panozgroup.com Attn: Scott Atherton

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2767373)   #527
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are we REALLY concerned over what they do?????

Worn out tub(s), used engines, a DNF record that would make RML blush (going back to 2008)

This is 100% budget operation if you call spending 1 Million a season a budget operation
Last I checked this was the ALMS 2011 thread, so bringing up a team's 2011 plans does seem to be the concern.

So, yes, we are.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2767516)   #528
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Last I checked this was the ALMS 2011 thread, so bringing up a team's 2011 plans does seem to be the concern.

So, yes, we are.
You mean that false hope trumped up by Speed TV booth?

Only to see it dashed with typical low budget team gremlins?

You can pay attention, I won't. -
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2767537)   #529
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hugues de Chaunac saying that he expects 5 or 6 more LMPC/FLM in the ALMS next year. This coming out of the meeting Hugues (ORECA) had with the LMPC owners and potential owners this morning. (RLM interview at night practice)

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2767539)   #530
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
ACS saying they plan to run the whole year in 2011 with the Ford GT and possibly 2 cars later in the year. The primary crew was mentioned as the current line-up of Davis, Said and Townsend Bell.

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2767581)   #531
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish a team or two would run a Viper or two.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2767582)   #532
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
I wish a team or two would run a Viper or two.
I think you will find that they are no longer homologated!

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:04 (Ref:2767587)   #533
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
ACS saying they plan to run the whole year in 2011 with the Ford GT and possibly 2 cars later in the year. The primary crew was mentioned as the current line-up of Davis, Said and Townsend Bell.

L.P.
Good to hear of it, especially Said.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2767598)   #534
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
You mean that false hope trumped up by Speed TV booth?

Only to see it dashed with typical low budget team gremlins?

You can pay attention, I won't. -
I'm sorry, did I miss that this thread was only for potential race winners?

Because it isn't.

I suggest you stop trying to look for something to argue, because your baiting isn't worth it.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2767786)   #535
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hugues de Chaunac saying that he expects 5 or 6 more LMPC/FLM in the ALMS next year. This coming out of the meeting Hugues (ORECA) had with the LMPC owners and potential owners this morning. (RLM interview at night practice)

L.P.
Good to hear.

LMPC has put on a good show this year and more cars can only improve that.

I've read some comments about such a spec class devaluing the ALMS, I couldn't disagree more, not when this class is bringing new teams/drivers into the series and setting them up for the logical step-up into P1/P2.

Last edited by JAG; 1 Oct 2010 at 15:06.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2767798)   #536
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you will find that they are no longer homologated!

L.P.
But we´ll have a new Viper soon, we could dream on it, it´s free
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2767813)   #537
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Riley Technologies LMP2 for next year
http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|15307

West Racing/Yokohama to run a pair of GT class Lamborghini's
http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|15306
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2767814)   #538
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
A 2 car Lambo team announced for 2011 GT.

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2767816)   #539
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Aside from the mandatory big honkin' fin, that Riley actually looks really good. Also, good to hear about the planned Lambo effort, great-sounding cars are never in large enough supplies.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2767820)   #540
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Seems no expansion of GTC next year. Will be 2010 & 2011 Porsche GT3 Cup cars still capped at 10 entries.

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2767829)   #541
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
SOS address seemed to lack any news of P1 to me, and since they said P1 and P2 will be different, I'd like to know who will be running P1 other than Autocon, Drayson and Intersport. The Lambo is great, unfortunately I doubt they will be competitive. Ive just gotten used to feeling sympathy for new GT teams if they're not the big four. Sad to see GTC will only be Porsche's again.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2767843)   #542
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ALMS' (and Le Mans itself) GTE division is too big a deal for manufactuers producing those sorts of cars to stay on the outside for too long.

BMW will be ****ing in the wind trying to set-up a US DTM series and Audi will be seen as taking the easy option racing the R8 in Grand-Am.

As much as manufactuers like to think they can manipulate consumers to follow any particular series/car, the people who follow this form of the sport and aspire to buy such products know their stuff.

GTC is doing a perfectly fine job bringing smaller budget teams into the series and boosting grids, if Audi want a piece of the ALMS action they know what to do.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2767845)   #543
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
SOS address seemed to lack any news of P1 to me, and since they said P1 and P2 will be different, I'd like to know who will be running P1 other than Autocon, Drayson and Intersport. The Lambo is great, unfortunately I doubt they will be competitive. Ive just gotten used to feeling sympathy for new GT teams if they're not the big four. Sad to see GTC will only be Porsche's again.
It is not the place of the Series to announce team plans, unless it is the announcement of a new team that wishes to utilize the ALMS in its presentation!

I would of liked to see GTC expanded also, but I can understand why it may not have been. It is much easier to keep it equalized with just the Porsches and it may have been to much was being asked in concessions from other marques to run in the class, if any were interested!? Also factor in that it is still a transition period in the GT class structuring within the ACO and the still sagging economy!

As to the Lambos, nobody enters into the maelstrom that is GT in the ALMS and expects to win out of the box! It takes time to be at the sharp end of that field!!!

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2767846)   #544
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Considering any factory AMR involvement would have likely been dependent on Audi's participation, and the possibility of a full-time return has since been rendered null/void, P1 looks ripe for the picking.

Highcroft is still yet to confirm their plans and, until we're made aware of Weissach's intentions for the Spyder, seems fairly difficult to declare who's participating (and in what capacity).

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 1 Oct 2010 at 18:00.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2767851)   #545
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Let's welcome to the mic no other than ALMS CEO Scott Atherton:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Atherton
o- Presenting sponsor Tequila Patrón was six times higher in brand preference than that of the next most preferred spirit.
o- Sixty (60) percent of ALMS fans responded they had switched brand preference to Patrón as a result of its association with the ALMS.
Does anyone believe that???

Quote:
The ALMS chief executive lauded new on-track content in the form of Jaguar’s initial campaign
No comment.

Enough with Murphist humor, now the proper news:

Quote:
the Series will be consistent with ACO regulations in 2011 including separate LMP1 and LMP2 classes. He praised the ACO for its decision to have LMP1 race cars compete with smaller displacement engines to emphasize fuel efficiency and emission reduction while also grandfathering current P1 cars so they may be eligible next season. He welcomed the introduction of the new cost-capped LMP2 car and cost-controlled engine programs that would provide even further distinction between cars in P1 and P2 class.

The Challenge classes remain in 2011 with IMSA seeking improvements on operating costs, while GTC class will be limited to only 2010 and 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars with that field capped at 10.

He indicated that the Series will announce a new television package soon, while reiterating the strides made in 2010. They include live Web streaming of the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio rounds
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2767853)   #546
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I'm sorry, did I miss that this thread was only for potential race winners?

Because it isn't.

I suggest you stop trying to look for something to argue, because your baiting isn't worth it.
I don't look for things to argue you have your opinion and I have mine.

I just want to see a throughly professional series and Intersport is not a professional team, its a father-son operation without the pedigree or driving talent Dyson Racing has enjoyed with James Weaver, who's impact is felt with Chris Dyson.

I have a feeling you would cheer for them if they showed up with a Raido Flyer and that's okay.

I just don't care, this is a free and open forum I can say what I want as long as its on a personal attack and this ain't -
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2767855)   #547
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Well, I'm not 21 so I can't vouch for anything on the Patron front, but I've switched exclusively to Yancey's Fancy cheeses due to their association with ALMS! Love the Strawberry Chardonnay and Habanero Jalapeno cheeses!
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2767859)   #548
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Let's welcome to the mic no other than ALMS CEO Scott Atherton:

As a matter of FACT I am in that 60%, so YES!!!

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2767863)   #549
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
I have a feeling you would cheer for them if they showed up with a Raido Flyer and that's okay.
You seem to be confusing news on 2011 teams for teams I am cheering for. How you have made this blind leap of logic is beyond me.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2767864)   #550
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
A 2 car Lambo team announced for 2011 GT.

L.P.

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8