Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3019053)   #526
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
It says they will enter ADAC GT Masters, but does that automatically mean they won't be in World GT? Just a question.
I think Ratel has to cancel his World GT championship. It would be a crappy championship it there are only 8 cars... Teams like Hexis and All-Inkl should race in Blancpain, that would make that championship even better and we wouldn't have to care about a 'world championship' with only 4 teams...
Exactly, where are supposed to run the "pros", mucke, turner, enge and muller?, thats the question.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3019062)   #527
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Exactly, where are supposed to run the "pros", mucke, turner, enge and muller?, thats the question.
I think they will be racing in GTE this year, but I'd love to see them in Blancpain too...
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3019077)   #528
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If got Fb got to see this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150628970505428&set=a.183685885427.166266.150473290427&type=1&ref=nf

Hexis Mclaren livery fictional render.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3019078)   #529
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reminds a little the mclaren f1 cars of WEST years.
About AMR the gte season will be done by the AMR official team, young driver is the fischer team that in 2010 and 2011 was supported by AMR with their official drivers.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3019083)   #530
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
reminds a little the mclaren f1 cars of WEST years.
About AMR the gte season will be done by the AMR official team, young driver is the fischer team that in 2010 and 2011 was supported by AMR with their official drivers.
That's right but I was only talking about the drivers (Mücke, Turner, Enge, Müller) to do GTE this year with the official team and YD doing Adac GT, athough I would like them in Blancpain.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3019315)   #531
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So its one month into 2012 and not even half a grid? I want to see a FIA GT championship this year but not if its going to be a last minute slap bang half assed championship with a few good cars and the rest just pulled together to make up the numbers to keep the organisers happy.

I'd rather see Hexis, Vitaphone and All Inkl go to Blancpain and run with pro lineups cause that championship is looking quite strong this year. As is ADAC GT, no wonder its able to attract the likes of Young Driver.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3019393)   #532
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So its one month into 2012 and not even half a grid? I want to see a FIA GT championship this year but not if its going to be a last minute slap bang half assed championship with a few good cars and the rest just pulled together to make up the numbers to keep the organisers happy.

I'd rather see Hexis, Vitaphone and All Inkl go to Blancpain and run with pro lineups cause that championship is looking quite strong this year. As is ADAC GT, no wonder its able to attract the likes of Young Driver.
I don't mind just a few major or 'good' 2 car teams as long as logic now prevails and one car teams etc are permitted, that would soon likely increase the entries race-by-race.

If someone wants to enter one 458 then let them, simialy if some dutch outfit or other fancies a part season with some Nissans or whatever then so be it.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3019883)   #533
Nic_O
Rookie

France
Nic_O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hexis will run Makowiecki/Dusseldorp in the n°1 car and Parente/Demoustier in the other.

+ a drawing of the livery here.

Great line-up, even if i'm not sure about Demoustier's competitiveness. He was good as a "B" driver last year in GT Tour and FIA GT3, but that may be different against fully professional line-ups.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3019955)   #534
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makoweicki/Dusseldorp is a pretty strong lineup, I've been impressed with Makoweicki the past couple of years he's has to be up there among the real top GT drivers in the world.

Isn't Parente also driving in Blancpain this year with another McLaren team unless I'm think of someone else.

Shame the series has a low entry rate. What will be Ratels plan B. Combine with GT3 Europe or Blancpain possibly and will the teams signed up agree to this.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3019976)   #535
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yup, Parente is also driving a McLaren in the Blancpain with United Autosports.

FIA GT World only has 8 entries so far (4 teams) and I can't see where the others will come from.
I wonder how long til they ax this project and either keep only the GT3 Europe sprint cup or eliminate both and live with Blancpain. I don't see Ratel closing down both sprint championships.
We also have very little information about the interested teams in GT3 Europe at the moment except Reiter Lamborghini and maybe a few more.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3019992)   #536
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Shame the series has a low entry rate. What will be Ratels plan B. Combine with GT3 Europe or Blancpain possibly and will the teams signed up agree to this.
Unless there is an incredibly large amount of news that nobody knows about apart from certain team managers with inside knowledge, I'm amazed any driver is willing to sign up for a series that hasn't even got 10 cars lined up for it!? Why would a top driver sign up if there is a large chance that the championship won't even go ahead at the current rate of progress!?
Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3020003)   #537
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Unless there is an incredibly large amount of news that nobody knows about apart from certain team managers with inside knowledge, I'm amazed any driver is willing to sign up for a series that hasn't even got 10 cars lined up for it!? Why would a top driver sign up if there is a large chance that the championship won't even go ahead at the current rate of progress!?
Automatic contingency?

"If the WC doesn't go through you'll do automatically Blancpain with us"?
Old 1 Feb 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3020033)   #538
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Automatic contingency?

"If the WC doesn't go through you'll do automatically Blancpain with us"?
Hehehe, both campionships are fully compatible, even FIA GT starts one week before, and to what i know none has entry date limit.

One more FB rumor, but again is a rumor and a comment of the FIA GT1 oficial admins:

Question: Ok, but where are the entries for the championship ?

FIA GT1 World Championship: So far Hexis (McLaren), Vita4One (BMW Z4), All-Inkl (Mercedes), WRT (Audi R8). Others to come in the next week or so.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FIA-G...28187113869543

Again confirmed by admins few replies down in the same post.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3021302)   #539
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
GT1World twitter also confirms by saying that there will be big news coming soon. Marcel Ten Caat says there will be announcements soon also on his twitter Hopefully some teams announcements.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3021382)   #540
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Hehehe, both campionships are fully compatible, even FIA GT starts one week before, and to what i know none has entry date limit.
FIA GT entry deadline is 1/3. Don´t know about BES.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3021388)   #541
alexkiller8
Veteran

about these times last year, ratel and SRO were promising that meanwhile the maserati withdrawl, the champ would have however 20 cars on grid even promising that he was negotiating with bamboo racing to have 4 c6r in the grid (unrealistic lie, for the simple reason that didn't exist 4 c6r available)... but things didn't go as wished and starting from silverstone race, the cars really involved in the champ were just 16, coming back to 18 only in the last races but just because all-ink grid other 2 R-SV under DKR banner (that in the meanwhile decided to run their c6r under exim bank china)... at the end was an unhappy situation for teams because de facto MVDS, all-ink and JRM were supplying 4 cars just to save the apparences of a patethic champ driven by a patethic rule (4 cars per brand split in 2 separate teams).
I don't know what news there will be next week, but if things won't be solved hexis, vita4one and all-ink should receive an automatic 2 cars entry for BES, then just to save the apparences, BES could be changed in Blancpain FIA GT finally coming back to the 3h race of original format!
then in my opinion should be made some changings in tech regulamentation too: gt3 cars that run in GT3pro class should have carbon brakes, larger restrictors and best tyres (a sort of PRO compound) while teams that run in GT3pro-am must not use currently year model cars (ex. in 2013 BES they could use at least 2012 models) with iron brakes, shorter restrictors and tyres not performant as PRO cars. Gentleman trophy, same rule of GT3pro-am with no pro drivers in line-up, GT4 class off.

Last edited by alexkiller8; 4 Feb 2012 at 10:52.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3021441)   #542
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can give those teams automatic entries into Blancpain - but do they want to be there ?

Some sponsors and drivers will have signed up with these teams for World GT, doubt a contract will be worth a penny if they are then forced to go Blancpain.

And Parente for example already has a deal in place with another team in Blancpain.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3021446)   #543
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
You can give those teams automatic entries into Blancpain - but do they want to be there ?

Some sponsors and drivers will have signed up with these teams for World GT, doubt a contract will be worth a penny if they are then forced to go Blancpain.

And Parente for example already has a deal in place with another team in Blancpain.
Good points. Sponsors sign up for certain reasons expecting certain commitments to be met. However some sponsors are more flexible then others. Oh well at least WRT and Vitaphone will be out there either way. Would be great to see Hexis and All Inkl in Blancpain if WGT falls over but let us keep hope until there is a definitive answer.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3021475)   #544
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post

Some teams have claimed against the rule of detuned or restricted to run GT1 cars, forcing out the Lamborghini sv670 (Reiter claims it's a valid car) and Nissan entries (If not aston too), i do not feel pity for some of the teams there demanding so much, maybe for the drivers, and the sponsors as you say have rights to cancel contracts.

Ok maybe it's a manufacturer issue, but they are the true problems.

Last edited by urdragon; 4 Feb 2012 at 14:48.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3021478)   #545
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good points. Sponsors sign up for certain reasons expecting certain commitments to be met. However some sponsors are more flexible then others. Oh well at least WRT and Vitaphone will be out there either way. Would be great to see Hexis and All Inkl in Blancpain if WGT falls over but let us keep hope until there is a definitive answer.
well when a team receives an automatic invitational can decide (according with sponsorship and budget or other reasons) to join or not of course, just to make a recent example, RLL had 2 auto entries for le mans and didn't enter. I don't know how much a sponsor would be proud to be associated to a failed champ with poor and negative ratings... and speaking of confirmed cars: hexis already was sponsored in BES last year, WRT too (the problem doesn't exist because main sponsor of the team is audi), vita4one i guess that has not new important sponsors and also last year was in BES, all-ink well i can't say it, but if i have to think as a sponsor, i will be more intersted to sponsor a car that will do the 24h of spa that is an event that has more visibility than world fia gt races.

As far i know vitaphone didn't sponsor any team of BES/FIA GT, the bartel's team is called vita4one just to recall the name and sound of team name when ran in GT1 but even if the cars still keep the azure-green/black paintscheme, the team is sponsorized by other companies right now (cpltrans, ALD, city challange etc...). Personally i don't understand this maybe affective choice for two reasons
1. vita4one word automaticly recalls vitaphone name company giving a sort of indirect free visibility (it's like if mclaren kept on calling W€ST mclaren even with vodafone sponsorship)
2. in the team name can be included the name of a new main sponsor that can pay more the team because of that (ex. CPL bartels racing).
Old 5 Feb 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3021788)   #546
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
with @GT1World tweeting some very Atherton-esque "if you knew what we know" posts on Twitter at the moment, does anyone have any rumour or speculation as to what this might be? I wouldn't normally give it any credence but Marcel seems to be sitting on the same news so fair play to them.

Not going to lie, I'd love to see this series go under, in my opinion it dilutes the GT talent and teams for a championship of meaningless sprint races, but I'd be impressed if the SRO actually managed to carry out its promises this year (without having to resort to fake 4 car teams this time!).
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3022366)   #547
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

Not going to lie, I'd love to see this series go under, in my opinion it dilutes the GT talent and teams for a championship of meaningless sprint races, but I'd be impressed if the SRO actually managed to carry out its promises this year (without having to resort to fake 4 car teams this time!).
The point of this series are sprint races (Similar to BES (Tough BES is endurance), two hours instead of three, but without any longer endurance race, other market) with a extremely high variety of cars so, or there is a huge varitey of at least 8 diferent brands or 16 cars at the current 2 cars per team or it won't exist World GT 2012 , this would be almost twice the variety of WEC GTE in terms of different GT's, and the same variety as BES, this is the point with world GT, different series concept, different fun Worldwide international level, fully compatible.

Last edited by urdragon; 6 Feb 2012 at 21:50.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3023060)   #548
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Michelin, but Pirelli
AF Corse / Ferrari is interested again
Exim Bank Team China enters 2 Porsches?

http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...ance-9493.html
http://www.auto.it/autosprint/pista_...el+Mondiale+GT
Old 8 Feb 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3023078)   #549
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pirelli, Ferrari confirmed for 2012

http://www.gt1world.com/news/article...irmed-for-2012
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3023087)   #550
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Great news that Ferrari is confirmed, doesnt say which team though.

Hoping for a gun team like AF Corse with some strong lineups-we'll see eh?

Hexis have shaken down their new McLaren in France.

http://translate.google.com.au/trans...26prmd%3Dimvns