Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2020, 20:49 (Ref:3968101)   #5501
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He managed to take a drivers title, so you have to say he did get something in return
Old 1 Apr 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3968103)   #5502
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so once a 6 car team now just 1 entry and even that isn't fully his anymore
6 car?
Old 1 Apr 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3968107)   #5503
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously he’s including the two 888 cars too
Old 1 Apr 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3968111)   #5504
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Obviously he’s including the two 888 cars too
Well - obviously not obvious or it wouldn't have been queried.
But - thanks for clarifying.

2017 season then, which was more about snapping up a failing team as opposed to a full expansion. IIRC that was the start of the end for the Plato relationship, not helped by AT-S being around the garage I think.

Definitely a story that could form a mini-series if the behind closed doors events were to ever be made fully public.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3968117)   #5505
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2017 6

2018 3

2019 2

2020 1 entry and even that isn't fully theirs

so you see a constant decline in numbers and results
Old 1 Apr 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3968120)   #5506
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
his company are still working on the moffat/sutton cars, are they not?
No that's Bob Moffat Racing not Buntingford Motor Racing Racing Ltd. I think.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 23:15 (Ref:3968133)   #5507
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Perfect excuse for some night races.
Mr Gow talked about this as a possibility on TTT

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Apr 2020, 07:40 (Ref:3968166)   #5508
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

2017 season then, which was more about snapping up a failing team as opposed to a full expansion. IIRC that was the start of the end for the Plato relationship, not helped by AT-S being around the garage I think.

Definitely a story that could form a mini-series if the behind closed doors events were to ever be made fully public.
They effectively had 8 cars running from the farm in 2016 if you include BKR in the Volkswagens.

They appear to exist now just as the mechanic team on Suttons car and they built both of the chassis up.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3968167)   #5509
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
They effectively had 8 cars running from the farm in 2016 if you include BKR in the Volkswagens.

They appear to exist now just as the mechanic team on Suttons car and they built both of the chassis up.
If you have a driver who is used to every resource being focused on their car, and the team are spreading resources over 8 cars, is it surprising things go south?
Old 2 Apr 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3968171)   #5510
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

So the pooeyness still prevails in these testing times ......oh dear
Old 2 Apr 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3968173)   #5511
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
No that's Bob Moffat Racing not Buntingford Motor Racing Racing Ltd. I think.
ash sutton’s been tagging bmr engineering services on instagram and they have the car on the account. i think they’re mentioned in an autosport article recently too in connection with the cars.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3968175)   #5512
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So the pooeyness still prevails in these testing times
???
Old 2 Apr 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3968180)   #5513
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe BMR tried to stretch themselves too much, but they got a manufacturer's deal and turned the car into a winner and got a driver's title out of it. So it deserves credit for that
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3968199)   #5514
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
???

"Well - obviously not obvious or it wouldn't have been queried.
But - thanks for clarifying"

Really?.....
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3968201)   #5515
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
"Well - obviously not obvious or it wouldn't have been queried.
But - thanks for clarifying"

Really?.....
Still not sure what you're implying with the term 'pooeyness'?

I queried the figure of 6, having only ever known a maximum of 4 cars entered by BMR simultaneously.

The response claimed it was obvious, which I suggested it isn't, otherwise I wouldn't have queried. I also gave my gratitude for the clarification.

For some reason your cage has been rattled by this, to the extent that you high horse your way into it, yet yours is actually the first post on the subject that provocates.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3968203)   #5516
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...but to summarise BMR: Overly ambitious and resources spread far too thinly. I appreciate #HARD has less resource per car than many, but they also offer by far the lowest cost entry point to the series. The deals put together to bring Subaru, Silverline and Flux onboard were an awful lot of hard work by JP (and others). Not much return for his efforts, and an owner that outwardly didn't give a toss from early 2017.

That's how I see it.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3968204)   #5517
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
...but to summarise BMR: Overly ambitious and resources spread far too thinly. I appreciate #HARD has less resource per car than many, but they also offer by far the lowest cost entry point to the series. The deals put together to bring Subaru, Silverline and Flux onboard were an awful lot of hard work by JP (and others). Not much return for his efforts, and an owner that outwardly didn't give a toss from early 2017.

That's how I see it.
I tend to agree. Resources spread too thin to operate in a manner that JP is accustomed to.

It seems a long way removed from being a Williams, or Nothern South driver....
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3968207)   #5518
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I queried the figure of 6, having only ever known a maximum of 4 cars entered by BMR simultaneously.

The response claimed it was obvious, which I suggested it isn't, otherwise I wouldn't have queried. I also gave my gratitude for the clarification.

For some reason your cage has been rattled by this, to the extent that you high horse your way into it, yet yours is actually the first post on the subject that provocates.
It is getting very tedious how you have to respond to every post pulling every detail apart. Just chill out.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3968211)   #5519
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
If people are going to take their own interpretation of what I wrote, in order to try and score points, do I not have the right to clarify what I meant?

Trying to stay chilled, but with the amount of virtue signallers around at the moment, it gets difficult.

Please don't try and moderate if that is not your position.

If asking for clarification on a point or elaborating on what I have posted myself is seen as pulling things apart - unfortunately that is how I engage.

I am merely looking for, and trying to express, full clarity of what is posted, not to cause upset.

Have you never asked for clarity on something, or challenged what is posted if your opinion differs?
Is there a cap on how many times this can be done that I'm not aware of?
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3968212)   #5520
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Strange that, you seemed to have perfect knowledge of BMR running the 888 cars before...

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...1&#post3784881
"Are we beginning to see an era of 'stables'?
BMR/888 stable,"

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...6&#post3779936
"888 is now part of BMR."

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...8&postcount=97
Currently being ran as Warren Scott's 'B' team, so I wouldn't expect them to be permitted to challenge BMR seriously.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=220
"If Subaru are invested in a 4-car entry, and there are reducing MG chassis', then could 888 become the junior team?"

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=83
"Across their six cars BMR/888 are stating that they are running two chassis' that are below optimal. The incomplete MG6 seems to suggest that they have not budgeted for a replacement."

I suppose when your main focus is to dominate threads in such a way that puts people off bothering to post, eventually you forget what you know yourself
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3968214)   #5521
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...maybe, just maybe, Mr Malcolm has a memory like mine. Or has other things on his mind.

I'd forgotten the VWs were run out of the farm that year for Here One Minute Gone The Next Racing!

(Edit)

You're on about the woefully badly prepared MGs.

Was it eight cars at the farm or was it BKR one year and 888 the next?
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3968215)   #5522
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Strange that, you seemed to have perfect knowledge of BMR running the 888 cars before...

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...1&#post3784881
"Are we beginning to see an era of 'stables'?
BMR/888 stable,"

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...6&#post3779936
"888 is now part of BMR."

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...8&postcount=97
Currently being ran as Warren Scott's 'B' team, so I wouldn't expect them to be permitted to challenge BMR seriously.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=220
"If Subaru are invested in a 4-car entry, and there are reducing MG chassis', then could 888 become the junior team?"

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=83
"Across their six cars BMR/888 are stating that they are running two chassis' that are below optimal. The incomplete MG6 seems to suggest that they have not budgeted for a replacement."

I suppose when your main focus is to dominate threads in such a way that puts people off bothering to post, eventually you forget what you know yourself
I did know that BMR were running the 888 cars, and that they were 'combined' financially at the time. Thanks for going back through my posts to remind me.

It was a simple case of, at the time of running 6 cars was posted, my recollection was that they were being run separately. Is it wrong for someone to request clarification of something that didn't immediately spring to mind?

Once I was kindly reminded by S Griffin, I had thought I made it clear that I now recalled the 2017 situation, and actually posted a discussion point on this.

So why continue to attack the request for clarification I made?
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3968217)   #5523
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing I don’t get is why is everyone so interested in Warren Scott’s and BMR’s financial situation, it won’t of been the first team and owner to be like this and probably won’t be the last
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3968218)   #5524
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
BMR and HARD are interesting teams to compare in recent history.

One of them seems to have been boom and bust, picked up a championship along the way and now appears to exist in name only as part of the Moffats' package.

The other has been criticised for being under prepared, over ambitious and having a 'revolving door'. They've never challenged for titles, or regularly been at the sharp end, but still run a 4-car garage and have involvement with other series, and as far as I can tell, have a future in the series.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3968220)   #5525
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
It is getting very tedious how you have to respond to every post pulling every detail apart. Just chill out.
Agreed.

Most times a post is just a post, not a personal attack itching to be deconstructed in pursuit of internet points.