Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2296423)   #551
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel
Robin,
Now lets set the record straight,
You had the perfect signal to commence the snatch.
But there was a slight problem..
You forgot to tell me it...

But we can all "Clutch" at straws

Rob does do a good " Baywatch in the tower impession"....
As good clive done the " I`m off duty being asleep impression"
Pics to prove...

Oh..
He was asleep & off duty

Forgot to mention Dj Arthur,was a pleasure to work with an Obs like him.
But we were lucky in having 4 I/O`s on post,making the change over and 2 hrs each on radio.

But he did come up with an idea to alert the flaggies at night.
good job we weren`t near the shore with arthur doing his night time impressions of a lighthouse
I forgot so much! Thanks for the Baywatch piccy. If only the beach was still there.

Also Arthur's great impression of a light house certainly kept the cars off the rocks at Copse.

If only his Ibiza style DJ-ing got more takers!

Wooot Wooot!

And yep, shamefully, I forgot to to tell Gary the signal. Trying to wave at him in the dark isn't the best idea.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2296426)   #552
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few of us on Friday night were going to charged for a coffee on top of the meal ( an extra 70p ), when we asked why the staff said the meal was £5.50 and £1.20 for the coffee, and as the voucher was only £6....hence the extra. Well he finished up with at least FIVE full cups of coffee left on the counter. The rest of the weekend we used the biurger van in the paddock by Ped Bridge. Everything we had included a drink and the voucher covered it!
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2296427)   #553
stuarty101
Rookie

Scotland
Blackburn,West Lothain
stuarty101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know if there will be race highlights on the tv.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2296432)   #554
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supposedly on Sky Sports. Don't ask me when though!
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2296456)   #555
tonyC
Rookie

tonyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
A thought, having posted on the other thread for Andy - How many of us have said "thank you" to the Rescue Unit (Midland?) and the Doctors for doing not just what they are trained to do but above and beyond? It has to be down to their efforts that Andy was stabilised enough to get to hospital.

I, personally, applaud you all for doing what you do and it just proves why I have never applied to join you (I faint at the sight of my own blood). We all take the p**s about you hanging around in comfort but, when push comes to shove, aren't you the guys we need to have to sort things out?

I think this just proves that we'd rather the rescue units spent their racing days asleep and unwanted and we really ought to remember just why they are there.

And we remembered to give them pies this year.....................

Well done, guys. You make me proud.
Thanks for the kind words Shelagh.

Just to clarify it was actually a combined effort of the BRSCC Midland Centre ("A" team) and our friends from the East Anglian Centre.(scrambled from Stowe) I wasn't on the scene (standing by with the 3rd Unit) but by all accounts a pretty efficient job was carried out.

(even Greenbean broke sweat )

ps thanks for your efforts especially the pies

Last edited by tonyC; 23 Sep 2008 at 21:39.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2296468)   #556
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by norma_maan
a few pictures from the weekend

http://www.ybrik.co.uk
Did you get written permision in triplicate to show my photo in the pub awaiting paitiently for my steak pictures look better on screen than on camera Sunday night look closely you see my name on my hooded top
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2296470)   #557
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to Echo what shelag has said,
Even tho we mock the rescue crews at times.
I was present at the said incident giving fire cover at the rear of the car and to see so many people work in unison was astonishing.
Pat on the back to all
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2296478)   #558
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuarty101
My first Britcar24hr and had a great time. Thanks to all at Stowe especaily Duncan,Charles,Darryll,Graham(aka team Lupo) for making the 24hr such a laugh and our IO Brian Cox for making us so welcome.Looking foward to next year already.
We did have a few laughs with some great banter to pass the time but could you put up with quiet wee me on post next time I might just have to invade the hairpin at Knockhill . As for Lupo it was good of him to drive at night with the indicator or fog light on to let us know he was still going, All the way home I had to sit and listen to Charles chanting Lupo.

Breaking news from the Captain slow cam, he has just crossed the border and will pop into Knockhill next month before getting home
Old 23 Sep 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2296490)   #559
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imagine the gloom with 2 hours to go, at Brooklands, when the Lupo suddenly stops, while leaving the refuelling bay, because the driver can't find any gears, and has to be towed by to the garages and then.......There is a God! The Lupo reappears going faster than ever.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2296496)   #560
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pebbles
Was a pleasure working with you deanowat1, Red_08, simes and all the rest of you. I guess I was so well behaved you didnt work out who I was!
And a pleasure to work with you too. Nice to put a face to the names on here. I'm sorry I didn't get to chat properly, what with being at opposite ends of a very long post at times and then opposite shifts for the 24.

Good news is that the Clio you tried so hard to shift and we all felt sorry for, won it's class by mere seconds because the 2nd placed car was enough laps behind at that point in time, just.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2296503)   #561
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i was cheering the might lupo on to its good to see they have the same problem with theres as mine has going round corners sideways. lupo lupo lupo

great time at stowe. especially being awaken by the mosler spinning at 3am its amazing how i was still ready to if we had anything even though iwas asleep
Old 24 Sep 2008, 06:44 (Ref:2296651)   #562
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Tribute to the Marshals

The Stowe Stars, Club Cruisers and Vale Valour!

Old 24 Sep 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2296958)   #563
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rockingham crew at Proiry also had lupo fever. LUPO-OOO!!!!!!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2297024)   #564
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk or Zilly
Hi everyone.I'm not a marshal (sorry, no-one's perfect) but have work experiences in dealing with road accidents. I would like to pass on Saturday's observations from the pitlane grandstand.
Firstly, to the flag marshal on the outside of Woodcote whose hyperactive and emphatic double waved yellows to the cars at the rear of the grid meant that cars were slowing rapidly before entering the straight. An excellent job that prevented a serious secondary incident, well done mate, you should be proud of yourself !!
That'll be me then. Thank you for your kind comments, but seriously, any marshal would have done the same thing - and I personally think that the guys down at the incident itself are worthy of all the praise they can get, rather than a diminutive flaggy a long way from the scene of the action!

Aside from that rather chaotic start, that was one of the best 24 hours yet! I don't think I've shouted so much at Ed before, or dressed an oil slick under safety car, so those are 2 new experiences. Good fun though, and I shall have to have a think about coming back next year instead of Goodwood.

I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks to Tubbylardo, Ed, and the rest of the Woodcote crew for a smooth event.

Thoughts go to Andy Neate and his family. Not a nice way to start the race at all. Hopefully we'll see him around again soon.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2297039)   #565
JovialJooles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge
JovialJooles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
The Rockingham crew at Proiry also had lupo fever. LUPO-OOO!!!!!!
Lupoooooooh
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2297117)   #566
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...i think every post had Lupo fever!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2297126)   #567
alexhall
Racer

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
alexhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
...i think every post had Lupo fever!
Not forgetting Beetle fever!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2297127)   #568
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Super Lupo nuts are we"
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2297146)   #569
stuarty101
Rookie

Scotland
Blackburn,West Lothain
stuarty101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc
We did have a few laughs with some great banter to pass the time but could you put up with quiet wee me on post next time I might just have to invade the hairpin at Knockhill . As for Lupo it was good of him to drive at night with the indicator or fog light on to let us know he was still going, All the way home I had to sit and listen to Charles chanting Lupo.

Breaking news from the Captain slow cam, he has just crossed the border and will pop into Knockhill next month before getting home

The pacman will always be welcome on the hairpin anytime, as for captain slow, the last time we saw him he was on the hard shoulder texting radio Tay
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2297176)   #570
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuarty101
The pacman will always be welcome on the hairpin anytime, as for captain slow, the last time we saw him he was on the hard shoulder texting radio Tay

For those of us who are "slow" on the uptake - who is Captain Slow?????
Old 24 Sep 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2297182)   #571
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovialJooles
Lupoooooooh
Oh how we laughed, keeping that up for 24 hours.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2297186)   #572
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08
Good news is that the Clio you tried so hard to shift and we all felt sorry for, won it's class by mere seconds because the 2nd placed car was enough laps behind at that point in time, just.
yesssssssssss!!!! I was hoping he would be classified at least after that effort, I'm chuffed now! And reminds me, I need to look at the full results....

Though I cant take the credit for trying to push it, by the time I got out to it Adrian was shouting at us to get back in, had to try and put my sunglasses down without them falling apart first
Old 24 Sep 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2297215)   #573
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yesssssssssss!!!! I was hoping he would be classified at least after that effort, I'm chuffed now! And reminds me, I need to look at the full results....
This is how close it was (courtesy of the Britcar results PDF) ;

16th No.76 Class 5 BPM RACING Renault Clio, Laps 533, 23:36:29.176
17th No.67 Class 5 CHIMP TUNE RACING Lotus Elise 111S, Laps 533, 24:01:26.008

Quote:
Though I cant take the credit for trying to push it, by the time I got out to it Adrian was shouting at us to get back in, had to try and put my sunglasses down without them falling apart first
Well, you can all take credit for being on the ball just 24 Minutes before the end of a 24 Hour race and at least being prepared to move a car out of harms way.

I'm still buzzing about it. Can't wait for next year already.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2297285)   #574
THE DRUID
Rookie

United Kingdom
reddish
THE DRUID should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glad the clio got the finish it desevered i think the driver was nearly in tears as we where triying to push it out of the harms way, i was that far behind everyone goin but that was cause i was the only one who picked up the fire extinguser :-)
Old 24 Sep 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2297289)   #575
Foxy_Marshal
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Foxy_Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
For those of us who are "slow" on the uptake - who is Captain Slow?????
who is Captain Slow Shelagh!?!?!?!, the guy is a legend in his own lunchtime at knockhill :-)
One of our lovely Scottish Marshals that manages to take the longest and slowest route possible to any major race events he goes to
ya gotta love Captain slow ( also known as John ) with his lovely shiny blue VXR corsa