Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2006, 04:53 (Ref:1622609)   #551
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Last year there was a official live timing of the test day on the Le mans website, hope this yaer it´s working also
Thanks mate, Couldn't remember if it was there or not!
Old 30 May 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1623299)   #552
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What are the prospects for a dry race , any idea ? I'll be in a tent for 8 days !!!
Old 30 May 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1623329)   #553
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want it to be hot and sunny!
Old 30 May 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1623349)   #554
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I want that too , but Im living in Austria and we have snow down to 1000 meteres , right now , Its snowing in bloody May !!!
Old 31 May 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1623530)   #555
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I want it to be hot and sunny!

It will be.

It's a given.

Old 31 May 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1623594)   #556
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
What are the prospects for a dry race , any idea ? I'll be in a tent for 8 days !!!
I'd say prospects are very good, last year was just too hot for camping over the race weekend itself.

Here's the fifteen day forecast again.

Reckon it'll be dry, temperatures in the mid to high 20's..........perhaps
Old 31 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1623614)   #557
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aha, the forecast....fingers crossed

Shows my first day there at least!
Old 31 May 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1623659)   #558
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I'd say prospects are very good, last year was just too hot for camping over the race weekend itself.

Here's the fifteen day forecast again.

Reckon it'll be dry, temperatures in the mid to high 20's..........perhaps
Well , thats made me smile . I hate the wet ones , but a small shower here and there to see em all dive into the pits for a tyre chance is cool .

I remember well what camping was like last year ..... I reckon bread would have turned into toast in my tent .

Still , high 20's is fine
Old 31 May 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1623666)   #559
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have been there when it is very hot (even worse than last year), when it has been wet, and when it has been blowing a gale, strangely it is the times with extreme weather you remember best, there is nothing like a flooded campsite to bring people together, it is then that you meet different people not just the friends you went down with. Also the race can throw up surpurises, maclaren!

I don't want a totally wet weekend, but the occasional shower helps keep the race interesting and also helps keep the dust down in the campsites.
Old 31 May 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1623697)   #560
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit that when I finally got into the circuit last year and hauled my already-weary butt into the grandstand with Fab and Adam, having hiked from about about a mile the other side of Tertre Rouge, I was as hot as I ever remember being..... And as the sun rose up the grandstand, row by row, I just sat there waiting to fry..........
Old 31 May 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1623715)   #561
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
And as the sun rose up the grandstand, row by row, I just sat there waiting to fry..........
.........I distinctly remember turning to the guy I was sitting next to last year and expressing my relief at not being in the pits grandstand for that very reason. I've never seen it empty so soon after the start of the race!
Old 31 May 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1623717)   #562
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was simply impossible to sit in the sum for more than about 5 minutes at a time. I wandered down to the empty front row from time to time to take pictures, but I couldn't take it for long. After about 10 minutes of sitting in the stand I felt as though I'd been in the shower....
Old 31 May 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1623864)   #563
Suze
Veteran

England
Erm Bentley - aren't we in pits grandstand this year?!

Talking of pics, need to remember to get a new memory card and batteries for camera...
Old 31 May 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1623901)   #564
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Erm Bentley - aren't we in pits grandstand this year?!

Talking of pics, need to remember to get a new memory card and batteries for camera...
Do keep up, Suze.........

We're in Lagache, opposite the pits grandstand. We'll be able to watch Ayse melting in the stand opposite as we relax in the shade.............
Old 31 May 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1623915)   #565
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Do keep up, Suze.........

We're in Lagache, opposite the pits grandstand. We'll be able to watch Ayse melting in the stand opposite as we relax in the shade.............
- I AM in the pits grandstand - shotgun back row!
May need to bring some sort of water gun...
Old 31 May 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1623971)   #566
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
pit grandstand too
and with a start at 5pm, it should be even harder ...
fortunately, we're on row G (3 from the top), so we'll catch the sun later
(note to myself : don't forget suntan cream)
Old 31 May 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1623997)   #567
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm in row F, so I guess that means 4 from the top?

I learned from our Chief Tourist today that we should be on for a full pit visit to one of the teams (probably on Friday, I guess). It seems one of the drivers (or someone important, anyway) is a client of his.......

By the way Suze, even if your on t'other side, don't forget a hat. You might now need it as much as me, but if we getr a scorcher like last year, you'll need it as soon as you leave the grandstand.......
Old 31 May 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1624016)   #568
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A question please guys.

We all know the race is starting (and thereby finishing) an hour later this year. I understand because of the World Cup. But there are no games of any real note at all on Saturday afternoon - surely we're not delaying the race for the Czech Repulic v. Ghana or Portugal v. Iran?

So, what's the desperate need to start late?
Old 31 May 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1624035)   #569
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's because in many countries, the same TV channel will broadcast both the world cup and Le Mans, so they don't want any of them beeing tape delayed
Old 31 May 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1624042)   #570
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Right, gotcha
Old 31 May 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1624078)   #571
Suze
Veteran

England
Ok then, we're opposite...I don't have a clue, that's why you bought tickets!

Thanks Ayse...anyone got an actual pic of the two grandstands then, so I can actually figure out what it looks like too?!
Old 31 May 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1624084)   #572
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, this is the main ACO stand, but I don't think you're in that, are you?

http://aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/2005p/page7/IMG_0316.jpg

These are the stands to the right of the ACO stand (looking from the pits)

http://aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/2004p/2004page2/04_19.jpg

And these are the stands to the left, taken at night in 04

http://aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/2004p/2004page3/04_28.jpg
Old 31 May 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1624088)   #573
Suze
Veteran

England
In Lagache according to Bentley's earlier post....
Old 31 May 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1624098)   #574
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Lagache is the "Michelin" : 3rd picture, 2nd from right (the green one)
you'll be with PascalM !
Old 31 May 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1624102)   #575
Suze
Veteran

England
Hehe cool, thanks!